Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 22:17:50
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Being Friendly: Why Not? Started by: John_Fareham on Apr 08, '22 13:16
"Recognising that we are all criminally minded murderers, gunmen, and racketeers, the utility of what I propose is obviously limited.  Nevertheless, it is vital that my voice is heard.  So with that in mind, and with that caveat, I ask that you consider what I am going to say on merits not of the inherent substance of the proposition.

What profits a man to be rude?  What rewards doth an angry or unkind word bequeath?  What twisted agenda action point is actioned with a dressing down?

Are not all of us trying our best?  Do not we, as new men and women, weep when we are taken to task for obvious personal failings?

Is a kick in the ass better than a pat on the back?

That is what we should be asking each other, and ourselves.

Fourmeninsuits has a Patent Office, and a fine one at that.  What good is served by serving upon him a warning not to continue?

Where is the learning?  Where is the humanity?

Is has been alleged that my lineage contains men for whom murder and mayhem was the first option.  That is not for me to say.  But perhaps if more kindness, not less, had been extended to me, life would be different.

For what are we, if not a community of men and women, who are friends, and friendly?

Where is the community?  

That, my friends, is what I am asking you.

Where is the community?"
Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip
"I've spent today being friendly, and not a single friendly person has made themselves known here.

I can offer a platform and safety to say your piece here."
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
"It appears that being friendly is not deigned as important as horses.

Well, I'm not 'housing' around when I say that being friendly is all that matters.

So I propose CAMPING IN CHICAGO - a competitive word slam event in which quick witted friendly people compete to tell the most entertaining story about camping in Chicago.

Join in. It will be 'in tents' - join in."
Report Post Tip
"Well, my friends, being friendly is not on the agenda for some. "You're dead Ku***t" read the note given to my account.

Not only is that not friendly, unfriendly, it's in fact factually incorrect, as I'm alive."

Usually when you bring a topic of discussion to the streets, it takes some time for it to get picked up by other people, thought upon, and then spoken about. Most of the time, things aren't instantaneous and require a bit of patience. I figured I should get talking more and spare you a session of talking to yourself.

Regarding what you've asked I'm not too sure answering said questions would be comfortable here in broad daylight...somewhat. Or I'd feel bias would get in the way of the overarching point, which would also constitute people to otherwise hold off on speaking, at least until others chime in first. I'll do my best.

What profits a man to be rude?  What rewards doth an angry or unkind word bequeath?  What twisted agenda action point is actioned with a

dressing down?

Really, nothing. There isn't much good out of either side. But calling some agendas "twisted" is rather untrue. That's saying any prior held bias or dislike comes without merit, which certainly isn't correct. With enough experiences and history, anyone clear-minded enough would have the same reaction and same judgements.

I'll just skip over the next questions since I can't answer them in good faith.

Is has been alleged that my lineage contains men for whom murder and mayhem was the first option.  That is not for me to say.  But perhaps

if more kindness, not less, had been extended to me, life would be different.

Judging on your current position I'd say this couldn't have worked out better in your favor. But I'd look at it as a lucky opportunity, what with your lineage's past anything worthwhile would probably not come easy. Regardless, congratulations?

Otherwise, this seems like just another spot to draw some commotion to yourself. You'll certainly get some!

PlagueGuy - I'm beyond lucky to get the position that I have, and it is out of respect to my city and leader that I have held off from speaking.

"And this topic is an everyman topic. That is, it is not controversial. Nay, it is a muted attempt to bring cheer to those far and near.

I wish a dressing down on nobody, but yet, I have received more than your average Joe should.

I'm not complaining. I'm simply trying to make everyone more friendly."
Report Post Tip

On the contrary, I don't think an even friendlier community can be achieved. Being respectful, tactful and friendly already serves a purpose in this thing of ours. It aides us in our profession by increasing longevity and building connections. Anything more would probably open a world where people less honest. I would much rather someone be rude to me than to be fake to me. At least then I know where we stand.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

It is all very simple, Mr. Fareham. Look at it this way: everyone who is good is nice. I am good. Therefore, I am nice. Should one ever be ungood, they would also be not nice. To be not nice is undesirable because one wants to be good. And, as we know, being good is nice. At the end of the day, ungood is bad. 

Report Post Tip
"You make sense, FourMenInSuits - why reinvent the wheel? I mean, how did the wheel inventer even get away with inventing such a wonder?

Would you like to nominate someone to receive a million dollars, simply to be good/nice?"
Report Post Tip

I'll tell you what, they wouldn't have gotten away with it if we'd been there. 

Anyway, if you are feeling generous, I would like to nominate Cassette for such a sensible contribution to a good/nice conversation.

Report Post Tip

Thank you FourMenInSuits for the nomination and thank you John_Fareham for the million. I'm honored and grateful to be the recipient of this generous award and with this I don't care what anyone else says you're both good and nice in my book.

John, I don't know your lineage very well but from what I have seen and heard it would seem like your line has been subjected to the bitter end of mob mentality. People who don't know you personally nor can form their own opinions of you join those who smear or speak out against you and inherent theirs. You're right in that if your family was shown a little more kindness things might've been different. I'm happy to see that kindness in Constipated

Report Post Tip

Constipated felt now was a good time to jump in on the conversation.

I am a firm believer in actions and lack of carry more weight than words, concerning being nice and respectful. Beings my RH is in receipt of threats for no other reason other than who is lineage was, is not very nice. Nor is it acceptable. Yet I expect nothing less from cowards who hide behind the petty hits and hidden messages. 

If Lincoln_Lawyer and I did not take issue with having John_Fareham on the crew when I was LL's RH why would anyone else take issue? John is now my RH and he has displayed nothing but loyalty to myself and the city of Chicago as a whole. 

What humors me is the fact when the bashings of his lineage took place, there were just as many compliments to his good qualities. How many times have we heard, "If he would be his best, he could basically go somewhere?"

Well folks, here he is doing his job as RH yet the bullshit continues. Sure I get it is going to take time for some of you. And take all the time you need or wish. In the meanwhile, he is with me doing absolutely no wrong. 

Have a good day. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I've always suspected that one day young John_Fareham would be out here in the big league. I've been saying it from the start, that boy knows how to act. Consistently out here grinding away and doing good things. 

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a nicer person, except maybe that Grace lady. She's real nice too. At least until she starts trying to practice medicine in your city and steal all your customers. REAALLLL NICE. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

It has also been brought to my attention that DrNick has now been spotted roaming around New York. Am I a joke to you people! This is ridiculous. 

I can't work under this kind of pressure. 

Grace had been lurking on the outside of the streets, as she was known to do because she was nosy but also she was hoping that one of the cities stray cats would follow her home. But so far the endless shouting, gunshots and chaos of the streets kept scaring her new loveable pets away. 

She perked up when she heard her name and abandoned her bribery of tuna and cat-nip to listen a bit closer. Eventually she could contain herself no longer, "Oi, Dr_KennethNoisewater do you even work at all?" 

Oh, of course YOU'RE here. 

Yes, I work! I'm pull over 8 hours a week at the office. That's a 90% increase from last week I'll have you know. I've been practicing medicine since before you were even on these shores, little lady. 

You know that Super Glue stuff? I was the one that started using it for bullet wounds! So why don't you get back to playing with your Mr. Potato Head and let the real doctors work. 

"Watching Grace and Dr Ken coming over here and being friendly is a joy. A pleasure. A star on a democratic flag.

I don't know where I'm going. Don't know who I am. I never had a friend. But I do know that this friendliness is a positive thing.

Cassette got a million, a well deserved million.

If you've been on the wrong end of a browbeating, or dressing down, we have money.

Tell us about it."
Report Post Tip

Wheeler shirtless, surrounded by his followers, watched as John_Fareham began talking to himself, then eventually pulled in a crowd, some of his own followers wandered over to listen. He felt he'd go offer his opinion.

"Our bloodlines go back a long, long time John. I know atleast as far back as my family journals go. The first of the Wheeler bloodline who earned his bones was a member of your notorious ancestors crew after all.

It pained me, over the last few years, watching your father, grandfather's and great grandfather's face persecution. It pains me now, knowing that some would visit the sins of the father upon the son.

You are here, you're doing your bit and proving those folks wrong. So you ask about friendliness? Here's my hand. Take it. For we are friends."

Heston is stood around taking bets and watching the streets. After passing out more betting slips Heston see's a crown form so wonders over to have a little look to see what was going on. 

"I see myself as a friend to all, Respect me and treat me fairly and I shall do the same to any man or women regardless of who your ancestors were or were not. However this is just my two cents" 

Heston heads back to the shop on the corner to carry on taking large bets on the biggest horse race of the year 

Thanks for the input friends.

Would you all donate to a friendly fundraiser?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Being Friendly: Why Not?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL