Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 16:44:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Mad Hatter Started by: LadyHustle on Apr 10, '22 19:28

Big Moe gave LadyHustle a huge amount of money that was due to her Mother.  She loved wearing hats and also loves seeing a fine man in a badass hat.   She decided to purchase a storefront and open her very own hat shop.

The Mad Hatter

1400 UnderCity Way

Corktown, DT

As you look around the hat shop you see beautiful ladies hat displayed on glass shelves, transparent hat storage boxes with tabletop hat stands. 

Men hats are sported on wire mesh attached to the wall using wooden clips to attach the hats onto the grid. Industrial black metal pipe hat holders display hats in the area with a solid area of displayed men’s caps.   

A stunning area filled with an assortment of gloves, ties and scarves.

The large back room houses the millinery shop equipped with all the accessories, hat blocks, steam irons and sewing tools

Women's Selection

Fashion Designer Sun Hat

Designer Matching Cap Style Hat

Cartwheel Style Hat - Soft, feminine, romantic...

Women’s Beret Hat

Pillbox Hat - Worn for their simplicity,

Designer Mushroom Hat

Ladies Sun Hat - wide brimmed beauty

Men’s Selection

Fedoras - Wide and short brims in a assortment of brilliant colors. 

STRAW HATS- Natural yellow straw, beached white straw and shades of coconut browns.

MEN’S CAPS - Solid and smooth colors as well as textured tweeds, herringbone, and plaid.

MEN’S WALKING HAT -  Wool tweed, summer cotton plaids.

PORK PIE HATS - Light browns, olive-green, more refined style

Not only can you purchase a hat already designed, but can also have one custom made.

Head milliner – Doreen Mason  Head  hatter – Jeffrey Dupree.

Report Post Tip

LadyHustle believes a hat reflects the essence of its wearer far more than does a pair of trousers, ladies suit or a jacket.  With that in mind she wanted to keep the art of hat-making alive in Corktown. With centuries-old techniques and bringing unchallenged innovative style and designs, she knew she would be successful.  She hired two extra professional milliners and one more hatters all would assist customers with sales.

She took one last look around at her beautifully displayed hats, scarves, ties and gloves then signaled Doreen to turn the OPEN sign around. 

Report Post Tip

Sales over the Easter holiday were pretty good but LadyHustle thought they would be much better.

This was a great time for men' and women’s hats. After two decades of little change in style or variety she came rolling in with splashes of color and fun new shapes. Surely she thought the stingy brim fedora was incredibly popular with fashionable men and hats added the final touch of glamour to a woman’s outfit. She felt business should be better so she met with her advertising staff and sales people.

It was understandable that the hat shop was a new business and really just needed time for the word to get out and it would start growing. Mai decided she could run a major sale on the winter hats and had the flyers printed.

Mad Hatter

1400 UnderCity Way

Corktown, DT

Winter Clearance Sale – 25% Off

Women

Mink Fur Pillbox Hats, Rhinestone Wool Knitted Beanies, Faux Fur Tyrolean Bavarian Unisex Fedoras, Rabbit Fur Mink Hats,  Wool Knitted Beanies,  Genuine Leather Bow Pillbox Hats,  Genuine Sheepskin Women's Hats.

Men

The New Yorker Fifteen Black Fedoras,  Green army soldier cap,  Men FLAT CAP in Scottish Plaids,  Wool Fedoras medium Brim Felt Hats, Oxford" men's wool fashion hat, Corduroy Khaki Colored Hats, Black Wool Homburgs,  Knox Short Brim High Crown Mint Hats.

A very large selection on display @ 25% OFF

LadyHustle was very pleased with the flyer. Now all she had to do was get them distributed.  She knew her Sis HouseBunny, Kamarile, Moonlight and twigs would help get the word out.  Surely Victor-Luchese and his guys would like her hats. One would look so sophisticated on LancelotGiorgio-Esposito and Billy_Costigan.  

Once the word was out about the hat shop Mai knew business will grow. 

Report Post Tip

Giorgio had gotten a call from Lady Hustle about the grand opening of her fancy hat shop. It was a nice thought. Who didn't like a nice new hat? Giorgio certainly did. Although, he never wore a hat during his "work hours" he would give it a try. He loved the look of a good hat.

While driving to where he thought it was, he seemed to have gotten lost. He was on the same block as where she said it was, but Giorgio was awful with directions and was probably not even in the right neighborhood. He decided to park his ford pickup on the street and walk. After about an hour of looking around, he FINALLY found it.

As he walked in, he had bumped into a civilian and apologized. It was nice to see such high class people in an area. Perhaps perfect for a robbery? No, Giorgio wouldn't do that. But others may. He was always on the lookout for thugs that had similar ideas to him.

He looked around for LadyHustle in order to speak to her and get a personal recommendation for a hat for himself.

Report Post Tip

Homburg HatSeeing Giorgio-Esposito walking into the hat shop really made LadyHustle ‘s day.  She was glad he accepted her invitation to visit the hat shop.  Plus she had chosen the perfect hat for a man who possesses such an attractive aura. Molly had just bought herself an Osterizer blender, decided to bring it in and treat the customers to Pina coladas.  She caught Giorgio as he walked in the door, greeted him and handed him a glass.  Mai had to laugh as she saw him walking towards her. She greeted him and gave him a hug.

Hello there Giorgio. Thank you for giving us a visit.  I have the perfect hat for you she told him a little excited.  She went behind the counter, reached for a smooth as silk, black Homburg Hat which features a removable pheasant feather detail. She removed the glass of Pina colada from his hand, placed it on the table and passed him the Homburg.  She really hoped he liked it.

Report Post Tip

There wasn't much that happened in Detroit that HouseBunny wasn't in the know about. She wasn't suprised to hear through the streets and her thugs that her sister was having a big winter sale at her shop for hats. 

I could use something fabulous and fur to go with my more dressy winter suits, she thought to herself. She made a note to contact the Mad Hatter shortly and put in an order. Better yet, she'd call her younger sister LadyHustle herself. A perfect opportunity to catch up! She might actually talk her younger, more fashion forward sister to part with some of her gorgeous jewelry for a short period of time to compliment the new hats!

HouseBunny reached for the phone...

Report Post Tip

PlagueGuy hadn't been in Detroit much. Or at all really, certainly not long enough to stay and enjoy anything it had to offer. However, as fate would come to show, a good chunk of his buddies were mingling around in Detroit, and on top of that, Las Vegas opened up a neat drug dealing opportunity, and he soon found himself at the heart of the Motor City.

If there was something he was always in the market for, it was fedoras. Overcoats and jackets were a favorite too, and when the sun wasn't shining here up north it got rather cold. Fedoras though, they were the kicker. Black with a single strap, to not only cover the head but also lengthy enough to shade half the mask. It was all part of the look.

The Mad Hatter, a neat little hat store run by LadyHustle, one of his recent associates with his recent organized crime, was the first stop for him to check out. Spotting fedoras lined up on hat racks as the first thing he saw only served to solidify the visit was a little more than a lookie-loo.

"Good afternoon, LadyHustle! Would you mind showing me your section on fedoras, specifically those shaded black? I'm looking around and debating whether to change up my style or not."

Report Post Tip

LadyHustle was surprise to see Don PlagueGuy from Vegas enter her hat shop.  He has so generously helped her get her hustle on by inviting her to a few successful jobs. She showed his a selection of fine black fedoras.  She watches as he tried on a few, looking at himself in the mirror.  She left him and came back with a handmade Toyo Straw Fedora.

Don PlagueGuy made I suggest you try on this fedora? With summer approaching the Straw fedoras are much cooler and provide a more casual look than fedoras made from wool or leather.

She watched as he tried the hat on and checked himself out in the mirror.  By the expression on this face she felt he really like the hat. 

I’ll let you continue searching for the hat of your liking. 

Report Post Tip

The fedora picked out by LadyHustle definitely showed off her prowess and the style PlagueGuy was looking for. He studied it dearly, noting on the shine and reflection it produced in the light and the rougher texture as it layered across the middle indent. Polyester, proud, and certainly perfect.

As he tried it on in the mirror, there was not a hint of doubt as he checked out the hat at different angles. It was an immediate ideal fit; good shading, decent insulation for, as LadyHustle mentioned, the summer, as well as enough head coverage during the winter or in some snow.

"Oh, you certainly knew exactly what I was looking for! This design is perfect...you definitely know your stuff. I'll take about three of them. Thank you for picking this one out!"

Report Post Tip

Chimera was making his rounds of the place, browsing and searching for something he could add to compliment his steez. As long as Chimera could remember, he always lived by the following code: If you look good, you'll feel good and if you feel good you'll perform even better. He intended on achieving just that here at The Mad Hatter. There was various types of hats but the one that captured his gaze was the Pork Pie. Stopping someone who seemed to work here he asked, "Excuse me, how much does the pork pie cost?"

Report Post Tip

The next step for Alina was to meet with Head milliner, Doreen Mason and hatter Jeffrey Dupree at the Mad Hatter.  Alina had only been there once before just after all the renovations and right before the shop’s grand opening.  Now she wished she could have been there for it. 

It was a bittersweet moment as she walked in saw ladies and gents looking in the mirrors trying on the different hats.  She found Doreen and Jeffrey in the millinery shop in the back busy at work. 

They chatted for awhile and she assured them that she would continue to support the business and that she was very proud and honored to be working with such great designer and looked forward to their accomplishments.

Alina loved hats herself and couldn’t walk out of the shop without trying on a few of them.  She placed two back in place on the rack and purchased two straw fedoras.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Alina stopped in the hat shop to talk with Head milliner – Doreen Mason  and Head  hatter – Jeffrey Dupree.  Business was good but she thought it would be much better.  Surely she thought that the Big Dawgs from HeadCoach ‘s John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Team after taking off their sweaty uniforms, leave the smelly locker rooms, they might suit up, need to sport a badass Fedora or another fine hat.  We have so many versatile headpieces that can easily dress up and can also be dressed down for a more casual look.

She sure could picture Skidmark ‘s beautiful bald head in a Fedora, Touch_Of_Evil  could shake the shit out of a boater hat.  She could see @Conqueeftado in an ivy cap.  Not too sure about Grin-22 but HeadCoach sure could rock a bowler hat.

Or maybe they just don’t care for hats at all. 

Report Post Tip

Sal walked into the Mad Hatter to check on Alina.  He had spent a day in New York with her as she was making purchases for her shop.  Sal had not seen or heard from her and she missed their lunch engagement.  Sal walked around the shop an made two purchases a dark grey fedora with a black band around it and a small red feather.  He also purchased a cap he thought about putting blades n the bream so he could use it as a weapon when he was without a pistol.  

Report Post Tip

Doreen called to let me know that the shipments had arrived so I made my way over to the Mad Hatter.  Salvatore-Lucchese knew a few people in the New York Garment District and they extended me very generous discounts on materials and supplies, plus they shipped the merchandise to Detroit at no extra charge.

When I arrived they had already unpacked the boxes.  The materials and supplies were stacked on the table in the workshop and when I started looking through them I had forgotten how nice they were.

Some of Jeffrey’s new designed were on display.  As I looked at them I saw one in particular I knew Hobbs could really rock.  I love to see a good looking man in a good looking Fedora.  When I saw BBB in his Fedora, on his big day, not only did he look good but very distinguished.

Surely there's life after boxing, gambling and basketball. 

Report Post Tip

Alina was just finishing up the stuff she was doing when Salvatore-Lucchese walked in.  He stopped by to make sure the shipment from New York came in and if she was satisfied with the merchandise.  She bought him back into the workshop and showed him a few items.  She showed him the invoices from last month compared to the new invoices and there was a substantial discount.  Sal's associates in New York's Garment District really treated her nicely.

She picked up a straw Fedora that had just arrived, placed it on Sal’s head and pushed him toward the mirror.

Look at that.  Look how good it looks on you.  You look very handsome in it.

Report Post Tip

Sal laughed as he looked at himself in the mirror in a straw fedora and shook his head as he took it off telling her that Santo Trafficante and his son ware the straw hats.  That if he was to wear a fedora it would be dark grey or light brown.  They need to match his suits but not attracting to much attention.  Then he told her that he'll let the boys in New York know that everything was to expectation and that you'll contact them if you need anything else.

Sal then asked Alina if she could eat because he was hungry and needed to get something soon.  Then he laughed as she looked at the straw hat polking out her lips knowing that she was upset but trying to con him into taking the hat.  

Report Post Tip

Alina stopped in the hat shop to have a few more hats shipped to Dress to Impress in Chicago.

When she looked at the straw Fedoras she knew they would grow on the men. Straw has the versatility and comfort you want in any hat, plus straw fedoras provide a more casual look than fedoras made from wool or leather. There’s that sleek grosgrain band around the hat and you can look for embellishments, such as feathers, that set a straw fedora apart from other hats some might be wearing.

As she was sorting what to ship she picked up a fine looking one.

She wondered where BBB was.  He had promised her he would stop in one day and check her hats out.  He sure looks good he the one he has been sporting. She wondered if she should take it with her to Chicago and maybe he would stop in the shop there, or just leave it here in case he showed up. 

She  sat the hat to the side and would make up her mind later.

Report Post Tip

The smartly dressed man stood outside of the Hat Shop. All the time he and spent wandering the streets of DT on his goat cart and he had never entered this shop. He had received word via pigeon that he was to report to the hat shop for a cultural exchange with Alina. One of HeadCoaches great schemes to try and cling to power. Taking a deep breath he opened the door. The team of goats rushed in before him. 

"No no no, guys out. This is an important meeting. Chicago dont like you guys. Outside and wait."

The goats lowered their heads and slumped out of the shop.  It was important important he made a good impression. Since Magic Ians GF celebrations were coming up. He wanted an invited to the biggest party of the summer. Once inside he straightened his jack and pulled down his cuffs. He tightened his navy tie and made sure his BBB tiepin was straight. 

He saw Alina deep in thought. 

"Hello Alina, good to see you enjoying the fine shops of Detroit"

Report Post Tip

Alina turned around hearing the sound of BBB voice.

Well hello there BBB so nice to see you.  It’s about time one of you Big Beefy Bois’s patronized my business.  I see you guys around town always talking shit, a lot of us ladies wonder if you’ll will ever chill and socialize.  But we don’t know, right now it’s looking pretty slim, so in the mean time I am here to help you look your best and smell good.

Alina grabs BBB by the arm. Come with me I want to show you something.  She took him over to the place where she had stashed the hat she though would  really look nice on him.

Here try this on and before you say anything yes it’s made of straw.  She places the hat on his head, straightens it in the right position and turns him to the mirror.

Now look how good that looks and feel how lightweight it is, really nice for this sunny hot Detroit weather.  Alina stood back and watched BBB looked over the hat and waited for his thoughts.

Report Post Tip

He made a mental note that maybe they should invite Alina to some of the Detroit party they had. She did have a point to some extent, he had been trying but maybe just maybe shouting at people wasnt exactly the best way to make friends. However, what else was there to do. He was Detroit, that is what they do best. He thought to himself for a moment. Perhaps these other peoples were so evil after all. 

He looked at himself in the mirror. He did look good, but he always look good. The struck a few of his most devastating poses. Maybe he looked like he was going boating or attending some kinda summer party but it kinda worked for him. He took the hat off and felt the straw material. It was different but good quality. He was usually scared for different and new thing but he was trying his best. He wondered though what the goats might think of it. He looked out the window to see then snickering. These damn Detroit goats were getting very unruly altogether. He maybe they might eat the hat but it was an extremely kind gesture on Alina's behalf. He flicked it in his hand and placed the hat back onto his head. 

"I do like it Alina, Thank you very much. Im not sure I have the confidence to really pull it off but I will try. Is this the type of thing that very nice Chicago people wear? What do you think of it? Do you think I pull it off? The goats might laugh at me and try to eat it!"

He waited for a response as he looked at himself in the mirror. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Mad Hatter
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL