Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 19:27:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Qualities of a Crew Leader Started by: Imperium on May 12, '22 19:14

So, I have noticed several people not joining a home recently. I found myself perplexed as to why this may be. I decided to seek a few out and their responses were pretty helpful in understanding that they really like to get a feel for what is going on in the neighborhoods and take their time before committing their life away to a crew. I really respect that. Then it made me wonder, what are the things I look for, specifically speaking, the qualities of a leader you desire when joining up with a crew. 

I would imagine most of us tend to look at similar attributes of a leader while still holding on to what is most dear to us as individuals. So, would like to share what I believe are several quintessential elements of what makes a leader followed by a random petty thief. If you agree, send me $20,000 but if you have other ideas or thoughts please share them. Now, on to my thoughts. 

I crafted this little paper from the diner across the road of what I feel many choose for in choosing a leader. These are what I would define as the Qualities of a Crew Leader that are most desirable for any young person who seeks employment. 

Communication - A leader who seeks out their members, sends mass mails regularly, a person who has an open door like policy. 

Activity - A leader who is around and ready to put in work. Someone who spends dozens of hours knocking over rackets and other crimes. 

Ability - A leader who holds many body guards and a decent weapon in their holster.

Goal Oriented - A leader passionate about achieving their personal and family goals.

Awareness - Someone who can see problems as they come up and someone who knows what is happening around them. 

Energy - Someone who is exciting to be around. Someone who bounces in and out of the streets or businesses. 

Experience -  A person that comes from a historic or prized lineage in various forms of leadership

Strategic & Tactical - Someone ready for battle and knows how to navigate situations with any form of physical conflict

Creative - Someone offering us something we have yet to experience. A new outlook on this life. 

Then she sat down and waited for anyone to speak to engage her. 

Report Post Tips: 38 / Total: $760,000 Tip
"But what if the appointment of the leader was a mistake? That they're an empty suit and need firm guidance from a more able member? What then?"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After Lena finished communicating with her boss CourtneyLaPlante, she decided to go out for a walk in the streets - she couldn't sit at a desk all day, she needed to be active in her daily life as well. This was made surprisingly easy for her, given her impressive ability to chase and complete her goals. She was all too aware of this. Sometimes, her energy level was too high for her own good, but her experience managing it paid off. She mastered the strategies she needed in order to keep a level head. She had her creative outlets as well. She was a very balanced person overall.

She stumbled upon Imperium as the speech was made. She smirked and continued walking, knowing she met every single one of the qualities mentioned.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I do think your forgot to include DIPLOMATIC: the ability to diffuse or turn a situation in your favor using words

Well thought out, and entirely agree with you. Sometimes being able to let go of your ego really helps as well. There's a lot that goes into it, and while there's no such thing as the perfect leader, there are lot's of examples of horrible ones.

Report Post Tip

The streets growing busier by the day the crowd of people surrounding the woman as she spoke clear, firy with no sugar coated bullshit to be seen in close proximity. A cigarette hung from his mouth as he stood a short few paces back he never was a people person unless it involved a woman,his thoughts strayed a little till he focused more on the speech.

Truth be told it had been some time since Danny's  father patrolled the streets with his crew leader rattling off what was expected of him in the family, he nodded in agreeance of the points the well spoken woman made, drawing back deeply on his cigarette while rolling his sleeves up, exhaling over his shoulder the smoke.

" Miss Imperium the points you made are very much what I myself seek in a leader, while yes not every leader will check all the boxes they should at least check seventy percent of that, my father's  previous employer ticked most, the only thing that was lacking was being interpersonal with the family, this is something I feel most detach from, understandably being a high roller crew leader or Godfather comes with higher responsibility, though a man or woman sitting in their office while an open door policy is great, heading down to some bar, share some stories individually getting to know the strengths of each member in crew is just as important any asshole can lie on a report what they are good at till it comes down to da bottom line if you will"

Leaning against the light post drawing deeply on his cigarette, the end burning bright, scrunching his face the warmth pooling in his lung his eyes glanced across the crowd observing their reaction.

"How many of those feel their current crew leader meets the criteria? I myself am only new to my current family, so far so good."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Jester was frolicking about in the streets. He mostly kept his head low and out of the politics - but popped up every so often to see the musings of the mob.

An age old question seemed to pop up and while it was the same question - Jester may have a different answer through the generations of his family blood line. For - not one is the same as the one before. For him, at least, anyway…

Thank you for bringing the discussion to the streets Imperium.  I think that the circumstances of the community call for different qualities to be important of crew leaders at different times. In an age as we have now with little wiseguys and earners running rampant on these streets - I think the most important thing is that the leaders promote a a sense of growth. This life can be mundane, and it’s important to keep the little ones engaged as they home their gangster craft. Therefore, being engaging seems to be the quality of the day. As things progress and we all start looking around for where the bullets will inevitably fly - it becomes about having a leader who can promote survivability. I think that you need a leader who is able to be diplomatic with his peers, build alliances and protect his members. Diplomacy, an ability to fit into the hierarchy while balancing their own personal ambitions and providing opportunities for those beneath him becomes most important.”

”Things change quickly here, and with that - the qualities you see in your leader needs to change too. In a word - adaptability is key.”

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Imperium nodded at most of what was spoken.

Of Course each of these qualities are something that you as an individual would look for but I can not believe i overlooked some of these qualities. I want to work my way backward from the conversation. Jester you touched on the quality of engaging. I think this is absolutely crucial for anyone when deciding which family they wish to join. You want a leader who is chatting it up and in the streets. I have to take a moment to acknowledge HeadCoach who is by far one of the most active leaders I have ever seen in the history of the mafia, phenomenal output that man has. 

Southsider thanks for your input! Yeah unfortunately there are times leaders fail and in turn let all the members who follow suit down. 

Jfmast I think we may be on two different pages of conversation or I may have not been clear. However, if the leader turned out to be a poor choice in leadership, which happens from time to time, then how would you handle it? 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Just because a crew leader is active in the streets doesn't mean they are a good person, I mean leader. Hitler was all over the  streets making speeches , in the news and newspapers  and is by no means considered a good leader. or person for that matter. 

I would also say any leaders that have been kicked from the racket we call crime by the referees is not going to make a good leader. Or one who supports someone who thinks rape is funny.  A good leader doesn't try to make people feel like they need to get on the next boat off of these shores.  All these are bad traits for a good leader to have and bad traits  for a good leader to support. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

I believe all of the above are valid qualities that we all like to see in a leader of men. The reality is that everyone has their strengths but also their weaknesses and we generally accept one or maybe two of the desired qualities to be classed as a half decent leader.

I guess it splits opinions so much because we all value the qualities in different orders of importance. 

Personally, I value an open and honest approach with members above all else. There's nothing worse than trying to be part of an organisation that is keeping you at arms length so to speak.

Further to this, I would like to publicly state that I have a huge desire to see JFMAST given authority to set up as a crew leader at the earliest possible opportunity, with myself to work very closely as his Right Hand Man. 

Report Post Tip
Idk I heard a rumor from trusted sources that say jfmast challenged some one to a duel and when they sent it that he refused and ran from it?

Sunrise you are quite right. I can confirm the rumours that you have heard from numerous people throughout the streets.

JFMAST had publicly stated that should I invite him to duel, he would certainly accept. 

Unfortunately, he failed to accept on no fewer than two occasions. Despite this, I still maintain my position which is that I'd like to see JFMAST given authority to set up his own crew and show us a true leader at work. If he continues to reject my duel offers, I'll be incredibly disappointed but I will understand and trust the judgement he makes. 

JFMAST - Are we to duel or put our differences aside and form this crew together?

Report Post Tip
"CantFindASuit, I would set up a crew, but would also want JusLooking and RonaldCarabbia involved.

We'd need to talk to various city heads.

I'll reluctantly duel if we discuss how best to set up a crew first.

I suggest a sitdown.

Shall we have a sitdown?"
Report Post Tip

...I took it upon myself to take on more responsibilities. That in itself are telltale signs of what would make a great CL. And I proved to be one of the best CL's on these shores.

Very impressive, congrats!  I'm embarrassed to admit that I do not remember the HuckleBerryFinn crew.  When was this?  Why did you step down as a crewleader?

Who are you talking to, FrizzleFry? I'm not going to lie, you look kinda silly out here quoting nobody.

JFMAST, you have stated that you would never want me in a crew that you run and in fact went as far as to say that you’ve banned your current crew leader from recruiting me for his crew.

So why would you want to sit down and talk about setting up a crew with me?

Also I’d just like to mention that I’ve heard JFMAST bragging that he has never and never will turn down a duel.
He has refused my duel on no fewer than 10 occasions in the last 24 hours. I’m embarrassed for him.
FrizzleFry, I would seriously consider banishing him from your delightful crew before he embarrasses your crew instead of just himself like usual.
Report Post Tip

Isn't it in poor taste to speak on such rumors when you're personally connected Sunrise?

Report Post Tip
@vanyas I’m not connected I heard this from a friend
Report Post Tip
I’ve always claimed JFMAST to be a woman of honour. She has many bad traits, as we all do but I’ve always maintained she’s a woman of honour.

Today I stand before you all and retract that. She is nothing but a coward.
A spineless, worthless, cowardly coward.
I’m embarrassed to share the same street as this lady.

Someone please remove her.
Report Post Tip

This topic never fails to humor me. I can say the worse CL's have been the ones who know they are going to get authed from the first day they join their buddy's crew. A perfect example of wash, rinse and repeat. They will roll over the guy that has displayed hard work, teamwork, loyalty ect.. Thus, placing that CL on the suck list.

Over the years to date, the list gets smaller on who to auth. Thus, forcing a CL to auth somebody new. Having someone new is refreshing. However, I firmly believe before being authed a person should have experience being a RH. At the very least a LH.  

My kins first auth was carefully decided by a damn good CL and I was his LH. He had a RH that was rarely present, and my kin took it upon himself to take on more responsibilities. That in itself are telltale signs of what would make a great CL. And my kin proved to be one of the best CL's on these shores. One of the many finer qualities that run thick in my bloodline is to be their own person. The ability to think for oneself and make  their own decisions. My kins crew always came first.  

The way in which my kin carried themself on their first auth landed another kin the responsibility of being another mans RH. What an honor. And that man was not a wash, rinse, and repeat of a CL. If I am not mistaken, it was his first run as a Cl in years. And a damn good CL he was. 

Being a CL is being made a mockery of what it is really about.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Qualities of a Crew Leader
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL