Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 01:25:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Its Time To Take Your Guns Started by: Spikey on May 31, '22 16:29

sisterivoryDarkmore is a far cry from stupid. 

On a side note we did have a federal ban on assault weapons/high capacity magazines and it proved nothing. Besides they can ban all assault weapons and guess what...stand at the southern border and pick one up. It's that easy. The bottom line it's not just assault weapons they want. They want all of your/our weapons. 

Report Post Tip

If we flipped this so I said the equivilant to sisterIvoryDarkmore,  i can just imagine her response.  Send her a $20k tip and she flounces, but that response is OK in her weird world. 

Jaws get off my clit you are not doing nothing for me.

Jaws  You have done this for years. You and your group have spoken to me and many others in this fashion. I guess you don't like  to be spoken to the way you and your group speaks to others.  I suppose I could also pick on your grammar and spelling also. But unlike you I don't have to put people down, or harass them to boost my ego.

As far as when I choose to respond it has everything to do with how fatigued I feel. Some days I don't have the energy carry on conversation, let alone a conversation with someone who tries to be insulting. 

Report Post Tip
You're lying sisterIvoryDarkmore. Everyone knows you're lying.

Send me 20k
Report Post Tip

Heimdall 

But the thing is, I do t think any of this matters. As Americans we are unique in that we have a Constitution. In that constitution it says we have the right to keep and bear arms. Doesn't get much clearer then that.

Except when SCOTUS ruled that it was an individual right, rather than one related to an organized state militia, they also made it clear that the second Amendment was not unlimited. Which basically gives the okay for gun control measures:

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

-GOP Justice Antonin Scalia

Doesn't get much clearer than that... 

You are right about criminals though something definitely should be done to prevent access in the wrong hands. Thanks to advanced technology, their innovation is beginning to outpace the ATF. Anyone heard of the Glock switch? It's a penny-sized modification that turns the Glock handgun into a fully automatic weapon. It's been around, mostly under the radar, for more than a decade but recently found popularity. It's 3D printable and are flooding the streets near my area. Terrifying....

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The sole reason/purpose for our second amendment is to protect ourselves from our government. I found history to be a bore in school. I am now intrigued with history. History repeats itself. The question is no longer will there be a civil war. The question now is how the sides will divide and who will prevail. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

HuckleBerryFinn, your semi-auto rifle will not stop an unmanned drone if America ever decides to tap into tyranny. Put the history books down and watch a post-modern war footage.

Report Post Tip

Good point Vantas. We do have tyranny in our government. However, the dumb fucks are way too busy crying about shit that caters to roughly 1% of our population. Perhaps China will visit us with these unmanned drones. 

Report Post Tip

Honestly, relying on “the constitution” is the weakest, dumbest argument ever. The constitution can be changed, so if you - as a country - genuinely cared enough to change it, an amendment would be tabled by your representatives. They just don’t want to, because fervent right-wing, gun-toting hicks are too stupid to understand debate, and America has more of those gun toting hicks than non-partisan voters, so any party that comes out in support of any sort of gun legislation will get fucking slaughtered, ironically.

TL:DR - you have guns cos you allow the popular opinion of your stupidest citizens to dictate policy for the entire country.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Its Time To Take Your Guns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL