Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 06:57:39
Page:  1 
An Apology to Detroit Started by: Hobbs on Jun 19, '22 08:41

Hobbs approached the streets followed by a forlorn looking group of bodyguards. They were still numbered between 180-200 but had certainly lost some swagger. They’d taken some hits in recent days; nothing physical of course, nothing could hurt the Prince of Summerlin, but they’d been described as poorly dressed, malnourished and midgets in recent weeks even though that was only true for around thirty of them at this point.

The streets were a wash with violence and the people seemed to love it. There was the Detroit Bingo, the Detroit based Mugging tales, Detroit organised Boxing Competition, and of course the greatest violence of all? The brutal beatdown beating Hobbs received at the hands of the Better Basketball Bureau. The pen truly was mightier than the sword. His lawyer Sketches had abandoned him over an unpaid bill, and he was now without legal advice. Having seen the tide of opinion turn towards favoring JFMAST and ‘Mug City’ Hobbs made a decision to come out and apologise wholeheartedly to reform his public image

Hobbs was wearing a salmon pink jacket and carried with him his custom Denver made soapboax made by Indiana-Jones

He stepped up to read a pre-prepared statement

“This is a difficult time for me, so please bear with me and understand all I have to say I, Hobbs, would like to apologise for the following:

• Banning Ball Games in Las Vegas
  • Publicly weight shaming Headcoach for being obese and useless. He is still obese, but he's not useless.
  • Publicly shaming Headcoach for being a coward who sits out conflict. I recognise his various undisclosed upper limb injuries are definitely real.
  • Mugging MikeTyson for $21 million and losing it all on dice.
  • Harassing Grin-22 with letters asking him to join Organised Crimes.
  • Calling Skidmark ‘Skidnarc’. I’m sure he’s not a narc. He’s just interested in law and working with the federal government on a daily basis  and this in no way implies that he's an informant or secret agent and should be murdered accordingly.
  • Implying I'd like to see Jaws authed so I can murder him in cold blood. I would not murder him in cold blood.
  • Arson at 'The Better Basketball Bureau' – this was a terrible tragedy and my friend Void almost died in the attack.

As penance and in recognition of the crimes of decency committed above, I will now rescind the global and antiquated 'No Ball Games allowed' policy."

Hobbs allowed a period of self reflection and mourning. It had taken a big man to come out here today and say all of the above, and he hoped people realised how sincere he was being and not at all reminding people of all Detroit's many and numerous faults and weaknesses. That was not the intention at all.

After the clamour had died down he began to speak again

"In my role of Prince of Summerlin, Pride of Las Vegas I would like to introduce some new policies to the city limits. These are:

• No Basketball in Las Vegas. All other ball games are encouraged and in addition will receive funding from the lottery to help set them up.
  • No Gym's in Las Vegas
  • No Powerpump Traffic Stops in Las Vegas

Any business in current violation of the above rules will be shut down, and taken over by Alina once they become deserted.

Thank you all for your time, and for attending this very serious, very sincere apology."

Hobbs stepped down from the soapbox and walked away 

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $423,337 Tip

HeadCoach finished his game of Monopoly with some old men at the park, yelled checkmate, and kicked over one of their wooden folding chairs, before venturing over to where Hobbs decided to make some inevitably stupid and annoying announcement. After listening to the dumb announcement, Coach was so upset, he pulled every last ounce of himself together - a feat which required great mental fortitude - and stunned the world by appearing more coherent & eloquent than ever.

"Ooga booga! Ooga booga ooga booga!"

He was furious. No basketball in Las Vegas? No gym's? No POWERPUMP TRAFFIC STOPS? He cleared his throat.

"Hobbs, you mud-caked idiot, you crawl out of Las Vegas - a place that, as far as I can tell, is just a prison for ugly people - and come out to these streets, beautifully teeming with violence and basketball, to make yourself look more foolish than ever. A ban on gyms? Is your next policy going to be a mandatory beer belly? 

I've been to Summerlin, walking amongst the locals squatting on their haunches, grooming each other, sniffing library books like Grin with our laundry. Detroit made considerable efforts in the business district to turn your district around, to introduce a healthy lifestyle peppered with bouts of near-fatal violence. And how do you meet these improvements?

You double down.

I've never met a man or woman I couldn't coach, Hobbs, but you're coming awfully close."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
Pay no attention to him, Coach. He lost all credibility when he showed up in a salmon colored jacket.
Report Post Tip

Hobbs paused as Headcoach went into a Gorilla rage. He hadn't seen him this mad since he trashed up D0m3n1c's coffee house and bar in Detroit.

"That's not a bad idea actually. You've attempted to create a society in which the natural pinstriped Italian heritage (with no trace of an accent) Mafioso can not thrive in. In the words of generic organised crime every where you're bad for business. If my King Giorgio-Esposito want's to let himself go after winning the Battle of the Trident  rebellion then he should be able to do so without fear of ridicule and shame.

Thank you for providing additional evidence as to why Gym's should be banned from the city."

Skidmark, I'll have you know this jacket is Armani and bought from the same place your 180-200 lawyer dweebs shop at. I'm not sure why you're angry anyway, I've apologised for countless acts of Detroit based shenanigans. I've made the peace!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Indiana Jones was busy stuffing another slice of Pizza in his face while Hobbs spoke. He had been on a diet but only really to fit back into his clothes but had since thought better of it and was now fully indulging in the carbohydrate life, admitting to himself that protein was for losers. Like those found in Detroit.

"Yeah!" He said, bits of melted cheese ganging from the corners of his mouth. "I suggest we replace all the gyms with Pizzerias." He took another huge bite and some tomato sauce dripped onto his otherwise clean shirt, improving it greatly.

"Want some?" He proffered a slice toward HeadCoach and Skidmark. "Psych! This one belongs in a museum my belly."

Report Post Tip

Daiquiri had heard that Hobbs was out once again making speaches and made herself to the streets in time to listen. "Just what the hell is he up to now?" she said with suspicion to one of her guards. The speech started off well, Hobbs was full of apology towards the city of Detroit. He was showing remorse. He trying to make amends for his childish behaviour. Daiquiri was relieved and was about to make her way home when she saw the look on Hobbs face change to a look of smugness as he started to announce his terms, "Banning Ball Games in LAs Vegas" he started off with. "What the..." blurted out Daiquiri, she hoped that Hobbs had heard her to stop him in his tracks, but there was already a lot of booing going on. 

She could not believe what she was hearing. Have Hobbs not learnt from the previous time? Has he not learnt to not to speak to the entire city of Las Vegas? Has he not even learnt his lesson on why he tends to pull out the short straw on things. Like when he had to go in stocks, had he not realised how much worse it could've been had it been rotten fruit instead?

Daiquiri was beginning to see red that she marched up to where Hobbs was standing and quietly whispered in his ear, "Do not speak for the whole city. You ensure that the people here know that The Strip is not included in your power trip. You tell them NOW that The Strip welcomes sports!" she told him as she took a breather for a moment. She could see the smugness disappearing from his face, she could see he was starting to worry as she continued, only this time she struggled to control the volume of her voice "Prince of Summerlin? P.O.S there is so much more that this could stand for. I know you will turn things around. I am not mad, just... disappointed!" she finished saying what she had to say and began to charge in the direction of The Strip to find her Godfather twigs

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Apology to Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL