Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 18:12:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Merchants competition Started by: Sunrise on Jun 27, '22 02:00
It was 1956 the bratalilly brothers and their gang had just been executed and things were finally turning around.
The their had been no business in the streets and The Godfather turned to me

Zev: sunrise our city has still not recovered and all the merchants have left town this leaves us with low income no merchants means our income shrinks.
No protection money and no customers for drugs.
I want you to work some magic and bring in these merchants I still got some trash to take care of.
Get it done

Sunrise: yes sir you can count on me

Sunrise posts an ad in the news paper

Calling all merchants
The city of new york will have a completion

The most successful business at the end of a two week period in New York will
Receive their choice of etheir lifetime bookkeeper a servant who will keep tabs on your business for a long time
Or 20 Doubloon’s I found in a pirates chest

The rules are simple only new business will count
And the one with most customers wins
Their will be other prizes based on how many customers you get and the quality of your business.

Having paid the fees for the newspaper sunrise hoped the merchants would come.
Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Henson was interested to hear about the competition being run by his dear old friend, Sunrise. He and Sunrise had a long standing friendship, almost a love/hate relationship. Time would always bring the two back together, despite Henson's new found desire to play "basketball" and his enormous success in doing so. 

The memories of all the things they'd done together always stayed imprinted in Henson's mind as it would surely have in the mind of Sunrise too. All the drunken nights together and trying of new things. Could this also be something new they could try together?

Don Sunrise, I'm very interested in your competition and more importantly, setting up my own business. 

I would like your help though as I don't really know what I'm doing. Let's get together and thrash something out, maybe a little drink too?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Perplexed, Henson walked this shitty excuse of a street, looking for a fella he spoke to here previously. The guy was spouting off about some competition he would be running. Henson saw no evidence that anything of the sort was happening in this dark, depraved part of town. 

It appears that the gentleman who was pretending to run a competition was doing nothing more than luring people in to take their money with a fake competition. He would promise them ludicrous prizes for winning the non-existent competition and use his sly, sneaky manner to trick them into making payments to him.  Someone should put him in his place.

I thought you to be an honest and helpful leader of people Sunrise. It's been 2 weeks and you still haven't replied to me to help me. I thought that the Crew leaders around here were supposed to pass on their help and guidance, as the great HeadCoach does. Maybe it's the difference between new york and the mighty DETROIT! or maybe it's not quite the whole city but maybe just one district? Do you think a leader of men should stand for more Sunrise? Do you expect more from your fellow leaders too?!

I would like to leave you with a parting question, one which I hope you will actually answer this time. 

Do you like basketball?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Sunrise looks down on the babaling man in the streets and felt fort for him for he had already givin the man several ideas for a buisness but the man bellow had wanted him to run the whole buisness so that he could take all the profit
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I can't believe Henson has been SWINDLED once again. This is ranked up there with the great JFMAST towel heist. I think a full investigation might be required to determine what happened. 

Report Post Tip

Hobbs was still in the streets from his Mafia Lottery Syndicate Thyndicate fact finding and partner hunting expedition. He was willing to scrape the barrel and invite anyone to it as long as they had a few pennies to their name when he spotted an altercation developing in the streets. It was Sunrise on one of his rare 0-10 hour per week sightings arguing with Henson.

Hobbs overheard Conqueeftador and couldn't resist piping up

"Are you suggesting the Better Business Bureau may be interested in investigating this case?"

Hobbs stood back mouth open like a fish gasping for air.

Report Post Tip

The fashionably attired induvial was racing up and down the main street in his goat cart. You know, just doing the usual things a Big Boss Boi does. He felt a tingling in his spine. He shivered. Someone somewhere had used 3 B words in a row. It must be investigated. He put a seat belt on puppet void and whipped out the goats and he was away. Cruising down the streets he waves to all his fans. 

He rounds a corner and spots Hobbs. Leaping from the goat cart in a way that only a supreme athlete could he landed in front of Hobbs.

"What is going on here?"

He spots Henson looking rather frustrated and Conqueeftador with his usual vacant expression that hide the true genius hidden deep within that glorious body. 

Report Post Tip

What kind of SCANDALOUS behavior is going on here? Has the competition ended? Did Henson win? Has anyone seen my wife? I lay nude in a rose petal-covered bed for hours last week as an anniversary surprise but she never came home. She has been experimenting with something she calls 'wiccan yoga' lately and I fear those duplicitous witches have done something sinister & spine-chilling to her chakras. Do you like basketball? 

Report Post Tip

Henson’s head turned from one direction to the next, as he struggled to keep up with the conversations being had. So many people had now turned up in support of Henson is his time of need. 

I fear I have been swindled indeed. Swindled out of the opportunity of starting a business and winning prizes. Swindled out of the one thing that we all take for granted from Crew Leaders (good men as our own Headcoach examples and also the “sit on my throne and do nothing” types like Sunrise) which is some support and guidance. 

im shocked and appalled Runsize, that you have decided to neglect your duty as a Crew leader in this world and decided that the values that we all uphold are beneath you. 
I do hope that you offer your crew members better guidance than this BunCries? 

by the way, you never answered..

there was an emphatic and synchronised cheer from the crowd “LIKE NORMAL”

Do you like basketball FunSize? 

Report Post Tip
This event will end tomorow and with only one person entered it won’t be much of a event but it’s not to late to enter
Report Post Tip

Sunrise, there is something fishy about this competition. I do hope a relative of Kuku doesn't catch wind of this enormous scandal. 

Are you a relative of the late, great Lincoln Lawyer? 

Also, as I wandered past the local jails this morning, I saw you standing back to the wall, desperately trying to cover your pretty little heiny. 

I was rather concerned as a group of 10 men were eyeing you up, lubricant in hand. I'm unsure as to their motives but one seemed to have a weapon in his pocket...

How did you end up there?! Surely better form from a CL is expected here, in our line of work. 

Report Post Tip
And the winner of the competion is FrankCastiglia. Who has chosen 20 gold doubloons as his reward this signings the end of the contest
Report Post Tip

Frank walks into the middle of the street with his sack full of gold. Bouncing it slightly as he grins from ear to ear.

“When I came to America!” He spoke despite no one being gathered to listen.

“When I came to America, I had but a dream. I also had an influential cousin within this life of ours, but nevertheless I had a dream! That dream really wasn’t to gain a sack of money due to having a well functioning business, but it was definitely to get money. Lots of money. Lots of things. To increase my standing in this America!” Frank speaks proudly and bold but gets distracted as a beautiful Sicilian dark beauty passes by.

“Anyway, umm… yes! I accept this award and I hope that it first child is a masculine one!” Frank holds the bag of gold up high and storms from the middle of the street after the beautiful woman who had caught his eye.

Report Post Tip

"A competition victory for the New York entrant? Controversial, controversial indeed".

Hobbs said as he came upon the scene again. He wasn't sure if the Better Business Bureau had begun an investigation yet but Hobbs would be interested to see the outcome once it began. Sunrise was fast becoming a controversial man for his bold and outspoken views in the Lounge on Main Avenue. Hobbs was wary of him, particularly after Sunrise had some choice words around the meaning of 'consensual acts' when it came to Hobbs.

Report Post Tip
hobbs you were aware that the business had to be in New York were you not it is very clearly stated in the rules
Report Post Tip

"Sunrise let me ask you this one simple question, and if you need a lawyer present that's absolutely fine. Why do you have a string of BBQ'd horse sausages around your neck?"

Hobbs paused dramatically and spun on his heel.

"Okay I have more questions: "Did you murder Sherlock Holmes to stop him investigating the Great Fire of Chicago stables?"

Report Post Tip
No I murdered him because he was onto your basketball scheme where you hide cocaine in the balls I did it for you hobbs
Report Post Tip

"Sunrise what are you accusing me of? I, Hobbs, Prince of Summerlin BANNED Basketball in Summerlin (And other parts of Las Vegas as long as Daiquiri doesn't find out). I can assure you if anybody was involved in a Cocaine related ponzi scheme it was not me. That's a dangerous accusation to make on a Monday night when the temperature is high and spirits are low. Are you sure it wasn't well renowned lover of Peace, Perverting and Detroit? A man known only as Void. A man with no working thumbs.

If I didn't know any better I'd say al you've tried to do is pivot away from the fact there's HORSE blood on your hands.".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sunrise, or Bumprise as you shall be known from this day forward, if the competition was for New York only, why did you mention it here? For all to see? The mighty Detroit had taken an interest but you did not allow us to compete? 

This competition was nothing but a sham and a scam. You should do the honourable thing and remove yourself as CL immediately. Provide opportunity for a genuine leader of men, a committed, stand up guy - to lead and nurture a crew of their own. Someone like Grin-22 maybe. 

Did those big fellas catch up with you when you were locked up in the hole? I have noticed you walking with a little discomfort of late. 

Perhaps a drink might take your mind off things? 

Report Post Tip
henson please don’t blame me that you didn’t read the rules the goal was to make more businesses in New York witch were clearly stated 2-4 times in the article
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Merchants competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL