Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 08:57:42
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New York Night of Knives Started by: LucatielOfMirrah on Aug 13, '22 02:59

"Tsk... How troublesome..." Lucatiel says to no one in particular as she groans in pain before collapsing against a wall in an alleyway. It was a wonder how she didn't see the ambush coming, since her target -- some bastard who did not know what respect was -- did not make it known that he had connections with some gangsters in New York. Now she had two holes in her, and she was bleeding relatively quickly.

"Oh... consciousness fading... help... someone..." Her vision was going blurry, then slowly darkening. If she died here, she only had herself to blame due to her own arrogance. Hopefully somebody saw her and brought her to a hospital, or not. "Help..."

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip

​​​​​​The well attired gentleman was strolling through the streets. He was whistling to himself and enjoying life. He turned the corner to see a woman laying in a slump. He scratched his head and looked at her. She didnt look like she was in the best of spirts. He strolled over gently tapped her with his foot. She moaned and whispered help. He looked around for help but help had not arrived. 

"Hey lady, you prob need to go to a local medical facility"

The stranger just moaned and said help again. He stood around for another while. Really was no one else going to turn up and help this lady. 

"Fine, I will bring you to somewhere because I am a very nice person"

He smirked to himself. He put his fingers to his lips and whistled. His goats appeared pulling his goat cart. He loaded the lady onto the cart and headed off to the hospital with her. Arriving he dropped her off at the entrance. He hadnt time to be dealing with this. Shrugging his shoulders he left her laying against the wall. He placed a BBB membership card inside her jacket as he always this after aiding strangers.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lucatiel does not awake, even after the doctors notice her unconscious and bleeding body at their doorstep. She does not awake even after being jostled onto a hospital gurney, and brought in for emergency treatment. She only awakes two days and nights later. After a minute of waiting for her brain to wake up and her vision to focus, she immediately sits up in her bed. She notices that her knives and pistol were left alone, off to her bedside table. She looks down, and the bullet holes in her body were stitched up well. She checks her coat, and finds... a BBB membership card? Maybe a member of the BBB crew helped her?

Either way that did not matter right now. She still had a target to chase down and kill. Now to sneak out of this hospital unnoticed... "Um excuse me?" Before Lucatiel could pull on her shoulder knife holders and holster her pistol, the nurse calls her attention. The two look at each other for a moment, before the nurse calls for a doctor.

She is then made to sit down by the man, who first asks for payment. That was done. Afterwards, discharge papers and other unimportant shit. Afterwards, Lucatiel walks out of the hospital and heads down the street. Back to the place of the shootout. It was wrapped up in police tape and two chalk outlines were drawn into the sidewalks. Must have been the two guys she managed to kill before she got shot twice. Now there was a lot of place her target could have gone, and she would have to search all of them.

... No problem. No problem at all.

She starts with a nearby bar because bars always are the best places to gather information.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Morrigan had found herself in a low-key bar on the strip of the New York night-life, she wasn't really dressed in her usual fancy attitude and kept it very casual tonight. Wearing a plain pair of jeans with a black top, she kept hidden in the shadows as her light brown hues kept watch on everybody in the bar. Sitting in a corner spot where the lighting was fairly dark and she wasn't really able to be recognised in that position, which was her intention. She needed a little bit of downtime to set her mind straight.

A few moments later, she noticed two men at the bar slightly starting to raise their voices along with the bartender telling one of them to calm down. Her head tilted as she tried to get a better look at the altercation, placing her wine to her lips as she watched the two men beginning to push each other. A man in black clothing which she assumed to be the guard began pushing the guys fighting near to the doorway, insisting they get out of the building to which of course they refused but agreed eventually, heading outside. 

It began to get calm again which she was glad for, she was in no mood for noise or drunk people right now. The door opened again and in came a woman who looked kind of worn out, a little battered and bruised and clearly not from around New York, Morrigan could always spot an outsider. Keeping her eyes on her, she began to get a little intrigued about this lady.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Lucatiel had watched the fight with interest. She even gave one of the bastards a glare that could have melted glass when he almost shoved into her. “Watch it drunk,” she said before walking in. The bar was a little quieter now that the undesirables were having their brawl outside. But this bar… She could not have picked a better place to be. She noticed one man with a fedora and a gray suit. He had a gun hidden in his jacket, she could see the grey metal poking out ever so slightly. Another one had a sharp forged knife on the table as he played cards with some friends. She even saw a duffel bag that looked suspiciously like it had a submachine gun inside it, with the way the cloth molded around its contents.

Absolutely wonderful.

She went up to the bartender, ordered a starter of five shots of whiskey, and continued to observe the people

there.

Report Post Tip

The woman headed to the bar and began ordering her drinks, Morrigan tilted her head a little as she watched her down at least five shots of a spirit of some kind. Taking a sip of her own wine, fascinated by how much alcohol this girl could consume in such a short amount of time. Her battered appearance says she could really use that alcohol which somewhat amused her a little.

Downing the remainder of her wine, she decided she would go the bar for a closer look. Keeping her wine glass gripped, she bent a little to stand and shuffled past the table before walking over to the barn and standing a little distance away from the woman, glancing back and forth between her and the bar. Setting her glass on the bar, she nodded the bartender over before ordering the same again and sliding over the money. Subtly turning to the woman, she glanced at the cuts on her face a little closer. "Rough night?" she asked her softly, a small hint of amusement in her voice hoping the lady saw that she only came in peace and curiousity. She was definitely not from around here.

“Heh. A massive understatement. The last two days and nights have been shitty.” The bartender slides her a shot, and she immediately downs it. “What’s it to you, pretty lady?” She asks, a grin on her face. Her eyes wander to the numerous armed boys and girls in the bar. They seemed to be minding their own business, but they occasionally look at her and this womanShe ignores them and goes back to her shots, which had somehow become five while she wasn’t looking. The bartender nodded at her, and went back to cleaning glasses.

Report Post Tip

Morrigan's eyes widened a little as she watched the girl down the next shot so easily, it had definitely been a rough one. She chuckled to herself at her response as the bartender slid over her drink. Taking a sip, she leaned on the bar a little as the girl had wondered why she was asking. Shrugging, she looked back to her over her shoulder. "You just don't look like you're from around here and no offense but you don't look in the best state." she said, letting out a soft chuckle as she took another sip. 

It amused her a little that she had no clue who she was, pretty much everybody else in this bar knew exactly who Morrigan was and that was probably the reason for the odd stares, it was rare she let herself talk to anybody in these parts either. Glancing over to the people watching them, she smiled to herself before looking back to the mysterious woman. "Wanna talk about it? I could use the distraction" she asked softly.

“Eh sure. I went to town chasing after a dickhead. I just wanted to talk… but as it turns out, he was a dickhead with friends. Well-armed ones.” She said with a chuckle, as if a near-death experience was something to laugh about. She downs another drink. “Got shot twice and almost died just down the street over there.” Murmurs began to spread through the bar. There WAS news of a shootout that occurred a few days ago, some people armed with tommy guns got into a gunfight with someone. Two of the former were dead, while the person they were trying to kill was nowhere to be found. Lucatiel grinned. Maybe this was a mistake, just up and telling these people that she was in a gunfight just days earlier, but the liquor was making her tongue a tad bit loose.

Listening to her explain what had happened, her forehead crinkled in slight confusion as she wondered who the culprits might be, usually she's aware of most gang activity in the city but this one puzzled her. "Interesting..." she said, glancing down the girls body to see her cut blood soaked clothes, her story began to make sense now. "Well, I mean, you're not blending in here that's for sure. But I'm fairly sure that's not the only reason people are watching us." she said, giggling as she took another sip. Looking ahead to the bar, she thought for a moment before parting her lips again.

"What did you want to talk to this guy about? Do you know what this gang looked like?" she asked curiously, glancing at the woman again over her shoulder. She knew she could use the intel on who was causing mayhem in the city as there had been a few unsolved mysteries happening the last few days that were reported to her.

Report Post Tip

“Don’t know. Could be a new gang in new town, could be some guys who just got their hands on some weapons. All I know is that they know what they’re doing with them.” Another shot goes down the hatch. She groans. “Merda…” One guy seems to reach into his coat, and… THUNK! Lucatiel throws one of her knives, so hard that it embeds itself in the wall near his head. “Listen, if you… want to pull a gun on me… while I’m drunk… try it when I get a few more shots in me… cazzo idiota…” Yet another shot down. The entire bar falls silent and their eyes land on the guy who, it turns out, really did have a gun in his jacket.

Report Post Tip

Morrigan quickly finished off the last bit in her wine glass and prompted the bartender over again. She was drinking faster now she was with this mysterious lady, who was on at least over 7 shots now she had ordered another one. "Can I take one of what she's having too?" She asked politely. She wasn't quite sure what was in the shots but she was definitely needing something to boost the mood up in here.

As the bartender slid her the shot and a glass of wine, she noticed quickly the woman getting in it with some man who to be fair looked a little dodgy. Watching the knife fly across the room, Morrigan's eyes widened as she male seemed to quiet down now that she had shown she was not afraid of him. The bar quieted down massively, stares at both of the ladies getting even more intense. Interesting... 

She looked back forward to the bar, it was a rare occasion that a person didn't know who she was, she wanted to embrace her anonymity a little longer. "You are definitely something." she said with a grin before lifting the shot to her lips and downing it. Pulling a slight grossed out face as the liquid went down her throat, she sighed and put down the glass. "May I ask what your name is?" she asked softly.

Report Post Tip

“Thank you…? I don’t know if that’s a compliment. Erm, sorry, bad manners. I’m Lucatiel of House Mirrah, from the Old Country.” A gesture to the bartender, and a shot of whiskey is slid her way. It was weird, but after a few shots, the whiskey started tasting sweet. “Mm… that tastes amazing… Now that I’ve introduced myself, pretty lady, who are you?” The people in the bar go back to murmuring amongst themselves. Lucatiel is completely unaware of who TheMorrigan is, and just cluelessly orders some chips to go with her drinks. It seems that the whiskey was getting to her now. “Most normal women flinch when they see a knife thrown. You’re not a normal one either are you?” She starts eating the crisps that were slid in front of her.

Report Post Tip

Grinning at her confusion to if it was a compliment, she nodded softly. "Of course, I mean with those knives it can't be anything but a compliment." she teased lightly as she took a sip of her wine to cover the nasty shot taste, she was fairly sure it was some kind of bourbon or whisky. "Interesting, where are you from originally because I can tell it's not New York. Or do you just travel around where it suits you?" she asked curiously.

Watching as she ordered chips to go with her drinks, Morrigan smiled in light amusement as she placed her wine glass to her lips. This woman really intrigued her. A sense of badass yet didn't care what anybody thought, that was Morrigan's kind of person. "I'm The Morrigan. But just Morrigan is fine." She said, letting out a soft chuckle once she had questioned if she was a normal woman. "Let's just say it's not the first time I've been around knives." she told the lady, thinking back to the amount of gang activity her and her crew had been in as of late. She had a crew behind her a hundred times more rough than the weakling men in this bar. "Nice to meet you, Lucatiel." she said, turning slightly to extend her hand to her. She knew either way the woman would be wary of her.

Report Post Tip

When her name reached her ears, Lucatiel choked on her whiskey. She did not even know that the woman she was drinking with was the head of Vicarious, one of the families operating out of this city. She coughed and recovered, sneering at the laughter from the people in the bar as she swallowed the remnants of the whiskey in her throat. “Sh-shit. If I had known I was gonna meet a crew leader, I would have cleaned myself up more,” was what Lucatiel thought. She took the hand Morrigan extended to her, and did what she did out of pure habit. She kissed the knuckles, which she did with her current Family Head when they first met. To her, it was her way of showing respect to those of higher rank than her. Although it must have come off as flirting, because some of the men were looking at her weirdly. “I am honored to meet you, Madam Morrigan.”

Report Post Tip

Letting out a playful sigh, she laughed to herself softly. She had hoped her name hadn't come across too far outside of New York, there goes her anonymity. It was nice for a while. "To be fair, I don't think any other New York crew leader would venture out this far in this dingy bar, I'm one of the take-risks leaders. I like that you're not scrubbed up and kiss-assing." she said, shrugging before the lady kissed her knuckles instead. She still couldn't help but smile at the reaction from Lucatiel.  "Hey now, go back to downing shots and trying to beat up men, none of that." she said, grinning at her as she turning back to the bar to her wine.

"I'll take another one of those vile shots please." she said to the bartender with humour in her voice, looking over her shoulder to the woman before giving her a small wink. "I'm off duty and just looking for another environment for a bit. No doubt my crew are looking for me so thank you for giving me some entertainment so far." she grinned at her.

Report Post Tip

“Of course.” Lucatiel smiles and downs her own shot. She honestly expected meeting one of the heads of New York to be… a terrifying experience. But this was… turning out to be a fun night. She even met the beautiful Lady Morrigan of Vicarious. But as it turns out, not all nights go on this peacefully. She then turns around towards the door and sees her target, along with his friends, considerably less armed. They walk into the bar seemingly unaware of her presence. She is completely inebriated, and full of herself at the moment, and she almost considers pulling her knives out and finishing the job right then and there. Her hand goes to the other knife still in its holster, and Morrigan could easily see where Lucatiel was looking. Four guys, sitting at the table closest to the exit, ordering drinks. “Madam Morrigan. A question if I may ask you?” 

Report Post Tip

Watching her down her shot, she glanced to the glass being pushed towards her and let out a gentle sigh. Picking it up, she also followed her lead and did her own shot, shooting it to the back of her throat and grimacing again, though this time a little less painful. She felt herself starting to get a little buzzed now which was not the plan. In these places you had to be alert and on top of things, especially when it's out of the oridinary for her to be here. 

Looking at the door slam once Lucatiel turned her attention to it, she watched four men enter and choose a seat near to the door. Lucatiel's mood had slightly shifted, she clearly knew these men. Her glance moved to where Lucatiel's hand went, gripping at a knife. She knew this only meant trouble which she did want to avoid. "Of course, what is it?" she asked, her vision shifting between the lady and the four men to her gripped knife.

Report Post Tip

“You are not… too repulsed by blood I hope?” Her grip on her knife tightens, and her eyes darken, grin widening. Her voice drops to a whisper, “See those guys near the exit? I’m sure you have. Those four were part of the shootout from a few days ago, and I was their victim. Too bad they failed to kill me before…” Then before she could make her move, a splitting headache overcame her. She let go of her knife and immediately grips her temples in pain. “Urgh shit… Damn it…” She mutters, before recovering. Her face no longer held this dark expression, and she even looked apologetic. “Sorry about that… I don’t… Yeah, sorry…”

Report Post Tip

She chuckled nervously as she gripped her gun and talked about blood, something was going down here and Morrigan was not here for it. Her peaceful night was about to be ruined. Letting out a soft sigh from her chest, she looked at the men near the exit that she pointed out, of course she had already seen them walking in. Their presence was very hard to miss. Waiting for Lucatiel to do something, she gripped the bar slightly ready for what's to come. She needed to know whether to act or not.

Soon after, Luca began grimacing out in pain and Morrigan's forehead crinkled slightly as she began to fuss. "What's going on?" she asked as Luca gripped her temples. She quickly put her arm around the lady and nodded the bartender over. "I need to use your back room. Now." she said, the bartender looked at Morrigan then at the woman in pain and nodded. He headed in the back with the two ladies and Morrigan kept her grip on the woman. "Let's get you out of here for now. You can't be fighting like this." she said, a harsh tone in her voice, she was a little concerned to say the least, Luca was having some kind of flashback or something, that was clear.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New York Night of Knives
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL