Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:12:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
As Kuklinski Sees It - Speech Three Started by: Estebano on Aug 30, '11 13:01

El_Nino,

There are problems with your methodology.  If it was a truly random sample, it would have to not be representative.  If it is representative, then you will have to explain further your method.  If you are going on anecdotal evidence then you need to state this clearly.

Until then, I'm afraid I can't take you seriously.

Report Post Tip

El_Nino laughs to himself

If you don't want to take advice bud that is up to you.

As to whether you want to take me seriously or not, to be frank I don't give a damn.

But then in all honesty no one actually takes you that seriously any way, it is another trait you missed when analysing your blood line.

Report Post Tip

Well,

I just agree with other people that have commented that are not Estebano. (neutral as it gets)

Now the main reason I am commenting, when did organized crime become only Italians and (OOC: When was the setting of this game only based on one crime time era, I mean for one heroin and amphetamines didnt exist on the streets until post WW2 and that is after prohibition) Also...I do believe you are borderline "stirring the pot" which gives good reason for anyone to start bringing up accusations that relate to your bloodline's past (Not saying I am)...Oh and your borderline racist as well why did you only target the "Gangsta" types and not the Halo Spartans...

Report Post Tip

We're in a business, not the Italian American preservation league.

So our back-alley networking may have brought into the fold a few people whose grandparents didn't grow up in the same village as yours. So what? Their money is as green as anybody's, and as long as they can exist within our bounds and operate according to our codes, I see no reason to treat them any differently than any other trying to prove their worth in our organization.

Nepotism is for the small time. Without an ever-expanding sphere of influence, we'd find ourselves sitting in the same corner of our run down neighborhoods exploiting the same broken and impoverished countrymen of ours that we claim to hold so much pride in.

My father and his father before him stepped into their roles in this thing with the dream of making a better life for their families. The romantic theoretical nobility of that sentiment may have been lost, but the opportunities remain. No matter their intentions, the door stands wide open for betterment in at least one way: more commerce, more dealings, more influence, more money.

The sacred "our gang" aspect of the old world was left behind with the old world itself. Bottom line, you look at those coming to you, you get to know them and recognize which ones you can welcome to your side. Lineage doesn't dictate value. Work ethic and personal conviction do that.

Report Post Tip

You have taken things to a new low by repeating a private message in the streets, the very essence of these is that they are private.

I can only agree with this statement. And God knows why I say that here.

Moreover, criticizing the way an advice is given is... questionable. Especially when, from that critic, you state that the advice shouldn't be considered seriously. An advice is not a fact that must be backed by a proof, a mathematical model or a physical theory. It is just an advice to highlight a fact and it's that fact that is important. No need for a demonstration. Just for a somebody to consider it and try to work out how it could help him/her to improve. And apparently, you seem to think that you don't need any kind of advice stated in that way. Unfortunately for you, considering what I heard here and there, you should consider El_Nino's speech more seriously. But of course, my sample is probably not representative at all.

To conclude... For somebody who wanted to prove that he has changed... At least on the controversial aspect (just consider what Godmother AlabamaWorley has said), I can only say that from what has been said here, that it doesn't seem like there is a big change. Or perhaps there's one after all... Now, everything is to be seen/heard by everyone here.

Report Post Tip

I apologize to the general public for my disgraceful acts, he clearly came with the intent to drag me down to his level and more than succeeded. It is a sad day in my bloodline's history, especially after warning my own members about this individual. All he does is twist words and try to trick people, which I fully knew while making these mistakes. After some serious thought, I will discuss the possibilities of stepping down from my position with Jessica and Alabama; at least for the time being. How can I expect others to listen to my warnings when I don't heed them myself? Thanks to those who came to defend me, but I did make a serious mistake and risked jeopardizing city relations. I only hope that the city of New York did not take serious offense to my statements, as they weren't meant to target anyone but Estebano. Even than, openly insulting another cities member even in defence of another individual or ones self should not go unpunished.

Report Post Tip

WhereAmI you've come to apologize to the streets, those who have been listening to the petty argument all day. You apologize to New York, but you do not apologize to Estebano. But an apology is usually not followed with an excuse. What I personally took for you last blip was "IM SORRY, BUT HE MADE ME DO IT" and then you pointed your finger dramatically at Estebano.

I'm pretty sure the point of this thread was to discuss the way people speak in our world, not to burn you in a fire and make you look bad. Do you honestly believe that Estebano had this master plan to make this speech, magically pull you into it and then make you look like a fool to force you to step out of the position you hold? If you do believe that then Estebano is pretty smart, maybe even a genious to have such persuasive powers.

No WhereAmI, Estebano did not make a speech saying "Hey WhereAmI, please come fight with me all day." So lets not jump to conclusions and say he did that. Thanks.

Now, lets touch back to you apologizing to New York. See, Godfather Premeir lifted all bans from the city. Maybe you missed that epic day when the ones that had spit in New York's face were welcomed back into the city. So, Premeir and New York welcomed Estebano into the city, giving him one last shot and not holding his past against him. You on the other hand are doing just that. Fine, you aren't in New York, but because you've completely slaughtered this thread by holding Estebano's family past against him you are entirely discounting the fact that the city of New York has decided to give him a shot. Estebano is a member of New York, you can't apologize to New York and not include Estebano. I also feel that you have no trust in the New York or Godfather Premeir that if Estebano does fall into his familys old ways you don't think we'll deal with it. Obviously you cannot respect this and it's almost a slap in New York's face. Do you need a shovel?

I'm not one to explain myself to anyone but those who deserve it. WhereAmI you don't deserve it, but I'd like you to understand that it is possibly to have a shitty, god awful family tree and the newest son or daughter is some how able to find themselves and remove themselves from their families past tragedies.

Now, I'm not defending Estebano, it's clear he can handle his own. Even your word twisting and your manipulation hasn't forced him to step back into his old ways. Isn't that what you're doing, but claiming that is what Estebano is trying to do to you? You said it first sir "How can I expect others to listen to my warnings when I don't heed them myself?". Take a look at what you are claiming Estebano of doing and then take a hard look at what you are doing.

If that was to long winded of me for you, I'll lay down the facts. Yes, this thread has some how turned into a petty sissy fight, shame. Yes, Estebano has a storied past, has a lot to lose and is attempting to put his best foot forward. Yes, New York will take care of its own.

Now that business was taken care of LoveGun decided she was far to sober to deal with anything else until she had at least half a bottle of rum in her stomach. So, she set off to find the nearest bootleg outfit.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As Kuklinski Sees It - Speech Three
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL