Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 23:13:47
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
It's Spooktober, share some good horror games Started by: Void on Oct 07, '22 21:00

It is October, that year of the month where the world is plagued by bats, spiders, skeletons, and poorly carved pumpkins who gobbled a candle.

Since they don't celebrate it here like they do in the US (and maybe also because I'm a stupid dork) I've made it a tradition to just celebrate it by playing a bunch of horror-games instead. There are few things I enjoy as much as getting scared shitless by a game designed to do exactly that.

SO GIMME GOOD HORROR GAMES. I DON'T CARE HOW NICHE IT IS AS LONG AS IT LEAVES ME WITH INTENSE FEELINGS OF DREAD AND DESPAIR WHILE PLAYING IT.

Report Post Tip
First Resident evil on psx, wonderful horror with pretty little monsters, but since so old very very dcary first playing it
Report Post Tip

Some people find Undertale creepy, I just found it weird myself but who knows maybe it does the trick.

Report Post Tip

Depending on what type of games you like to play, there's some real good ones out there. 

I personally like the Outlast games for that straight up 'existential horrifying dread' feeling around every corner. But if you are looking for something that is a little bit more slasher style Dead by Daylight is a pretty fun multiplayer game. 

Report Post Tip

Outlast is a nightmare and resource scarce, F.E.A.R is good as a FPS but sudden shocks, Dead Space is always good too and of course Silent Hill 2 is old, but likes it scares

Report Post Tip

First Resident evil on psx, wonderful horror with pretty little monsters, but since so old very very dcary first playing it

I actually went through the Resident Evil games (excluding village / remakes) for the first time about a year ago! Early games were lovely stuff, though I think the scariest part in the first game by far was the limited inventory space. Liked 2 especially, 4 was also fun but it did feel like the series started going in a very different direction from that point.

Some people find Undertale creepy, I just found it weird myself but who knows maybe it does the trick.

Hmm, can't say I got horror vibes from it either. Though I think I can guess what those people are hinting at.

Depending on what type of games you like to play, there's some real good ones out there. 

I personally like the Outlast games for that straight up 'existential horrifying dread' feeling around every corner. But if you are looking for something that is a little bit more slasher style Dead by Daylight is a pretty fun multiplayer game. 

Both psychological horror (think: early silent hill games, SOMA, etc) and more visceral "boo in your face" stuff (think: Cry of Fear, other games I'm forgetting...)

I liked Outlast quite a bit as it felt like a bit of a mix of both of those, was the first game in a while which legit made me dread continuing playing it :'D.

Outlast is a nightmare and resource scarce, F.E.A.R is good as a FPS but sudden shocks, Dead Space is always good too and of course Silent Hill 2 is old, but likes it scares

Haven't played F.E.A.R yet though that has been on the backlog for quite a bit, will give it a shot soon!

The (early) Silent Hill games I am incredibly fond of, Silent Hill 2 holds a special place in my memory as well.
If you liked those I'd recommend Siren (though it is a bit hard to get into). Made by some of the same devs I believe!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Two classic horror games back when I was a kid.

Many sleepless nights after playing these two games when I should not have been haha

Picture this. The game starts in late Summer. Friends gather optimistic about a future campaign. Tactics are developed for how the fellowship will line up. Up to 25 brave warriors all fighting together. 

Autumn hits. It's not gone well. People are lost. Others have been sold into servitude. The campaign falters. Spirits are lost. The populace of the city once on your side turns. Thm

October rolls around... played 12, lost 9. 2 points on the board. Sackibg is around the corner if things do not improve.

It's Football Manager folks. The spookiest game of all.

Report Post Tip

So disclaimer, I'm not hugely into horror. It's just not my scene on the whole.

That said, I did break out Left 4 dead on my stream, and might have to see if I can get someone to play it with me(since it's not nearly as much fun solo). 

worth noting that having AI make that game silly in some critical ways that Do take away somewhat from the things that shoould make it a horror game

Report Post Tip

Would we class the diablo series as horror? I mean we do chase down the devil and in the 3rd a witch too. If so then those are my fav as some already know. Esp d2 and I am waiting the forth to get on friendly terms with Lilith! 

Report Post Tip

Not sure what platform you are on (sorry if I read past it), but here are a few:

Evil Within 1/2

Outlast

Blair Witch

In Sound Mind

Dark Picture Anthology

Phasmophobia

Medium

Fatal Frame

I can't remember the name of it, but it was a game with a little ghost girl in a house that was creepy as hell. lol

Report Post Tip

Dead By Daylight, tons of great characters from pretty much every decent horror stories and great to play if you have a couple of friends who enjoy getting chased by serial killers. Equally satisfying to play as the killer as well, but definitely has a learning curve.

Report Post Tip

In no particular order...

Evil Within 1 & 2
Until Dawn
Layers of Fear
Resident Evil 4 & 7
SOMA
Outlast
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Alan Wake
The Dark Pictures Anthology
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Report Post Tip

Does Five Nights at Freddy's count? Since no one mentioned it yet. Not even too much my kind of game, and often horrors (both games andmovies) rely too much on jumpscares, but it's still a good game.

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for your lovely suggestions. Good to see there's more horror fans out there.

Surely it's no coincidence that Konami announced that there will the some sort of Silent Hill announcement on the 19th.
I'm sure it will be another pachinko machine.

Report Post Tip

The Quarry, I haven't played it but I watched someone do a full playtrough of it, looked like a blast to me.

Report Post Tip

i would say a good horror game would be silent hill  or slender man thats about it for me :P

Report Post Tip
Ive just watched silent hill 2 trailer on youtube, that game should be played with the lights on, thats all i gotta say. But if im gonna invest my time on that, id have to bid goodbyes to this lovely community...

Baaaaah!! Even a text based game "trick or treat" event got me turning on the lights. Or is it my eyesight is starting to go bad cos of the game 🤔
Report Post Tip

I'm looking forward to the Dark Pictures: The Devil In Me. I think it'll be a pretty fun game with some scary moments. Also it's supposed to be co-op so definitely a game to play with a friend!

Silent Hill game was amazing when I was younger. One of the scariest experiences as a child

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: It's Spooktober, share some good horror games
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL