Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:26
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Blood lines and changing ways Started by: El_Nino on Sep 02, '11 12:32

Some weeks ago Godfather Roman came to the streets offering a second chance to the family lines of people decreed as persona non grata. Over the past few weeks we have seen some of these blood lines fail to take this second chance with both hands and make good lives and contribute in a positive way to our way of life.

This had led me to wonder how probable is it that any particular blood line can change its "spots" and throw away the stigma attached to them and make a positive name for themselves.

I think the principle issue is the acceptance of a problem in the first place. If you die repeatedly from the same issue then to further yourself in our world you have to identify and accept there is a problem before looking at a way to change it.

You may think it is perfectly ok and your actions or conduct was appropriate however the ultimate people in our society that decide if it is or isn't, is those in power. If they decide you fucked up then the simplest solution is find out why and adapt.

Power lines shift over time and the best mafiosa adapt to the expectations of people in power to further your own and your families goals and aims.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Report Post Tip

I dont think the ability to change is the problem, its the desire to change I see as the issue. Like you said, acceptance of the fact they were doing something wrong previously is tantamount to them not making the same mistake again.

There were a number of different bloodlines banned for a variety of reasons and all were given this 2nd chance. Of those, I see only a few have succumbed to their old ways. There are more out there working among us and doing themselves and their cities proud in their efforts to prove they can function in this thing of ours.

I'd like to also point out, that while these people were given a 2nd chance, I find it common that this hasn't always trickled down to their fellow mafioso and some individuals still treat those folk with the same discontent as they did their mothers and fathers, I hope that this will change, as we can hardly claim to have given people the chance to change, when in actual fact as a community we havn't.

Report Post Tip

Although changing the way your name is perceived in this world is a monumental task I still believe that with enough work, effort and devotion it may still be seen as a possible achievement.

Of course, as you have pointed out El_Nino one needs to accept that there is a problem with their attitude to begin with, if they can't then that same stigma will always follow them, and for good reason. At the end of the day, what's done is done and there is nothing that can change that. But you can start a new and act positively, this will not simply erase what your family line have done in the minds of the all powerful, but it does show them that you're making an attempt to change your ways and come back into the fold.

And as we have seen recently, the opportunities for a clean slate have been presented to these people and I'm glad to see that most of them have chosen to take it. But I think we might have to accept that one or two, won't.. as we've also seen quite recently.

Some people just can't adapt for the better, sad, but true.

Report Post Tip

The problem here lies in the fact that these people believe that what they are doing is acceptable. For a bloodline to die once, twice even for the same mistake or activity can be passed off as immaturity and the prospects of being educated into the way a mafioso should behave normally lead to a more mature and respected member of the community.

Like all communities and every other natural aspect of life there is a range from one extreme to the other, the vast majority sat somewhere in the middle forming the average or 'normal'.

The people at the extreme fringes of the range do not need to be static but the very nature of them being here in the first place smacks of an ingrained identity. An identity which is hard to breakdown and re mould. Consider the way the politicians of our world are categorised, moreover how rare it is for a right wing fundamentalist to suddenly reinvent himself and become a wishy washy liberal.

Yes it happens but rarely.

This is the situation we find ourselves here. We have a small percentage of the population who make us whole. Without them we as a collective would not be considered normal. Rather than try to instill a change in them what needs to happen is a way to deal with them.

I am not for driving these people away, they add to our life experience, I am at a loss as what and how to deal with them.

Report Post Tip

Nino,
A great and very relevant subject considering the debacle that the kucklinski bloodline or name sake has made of their self in more recent times.

If history has shown us anything it's that it's a 50/50 spilt on a certain bloodline accepting and rectifying their under lying issues which lead that bloodline being banned from specific cities.
Being tarnished with the same brush over and over again leads to extra hard work and rightly so, it's this work that doesn't sit well coupled with the arrogance they exhume its right back to square one and leads them to push the self destruct button.

Its pretty safe to assume that a bloodline who constantly meets an early death in this world will suffer the same fate, this does put a dark cloud over the individual initially and that's simply because of past form and in my eyes rightly so. We have a duty of care to our city and its members to exterminate this behaviour and for most parts we do it very successfully, even to the point of relaxing a city ban, until they fuck up again that is.

Some people are just not built to be a long standing member of this world, for those individuals then, im sorry but they are a lost cause and simply a waste of time, that's why I support city wide bans.

Im absolutely all for giving a "troubled" bloodline all the inspiration and the steps forward to ascertain a new way of thinking, god knows my line has had its share of fuck ups. It's not an impossible task, many others have been known as a "troubled" bloodline and they know reign supreme.

We can't help everyone, all we can do is provide the right paths and let them make those critical decisions that define who or what they are to become. It's an impossible task to guess if a bloodline has changed its ways, however , we can take measures to ensure they are limited as to what they can commit and as I said before we do this in a very effective manner. Let's be frank, this world will and always has consisted of troubled lines but I think that is what makes this place what it is, to a certain degree. We don't live in a mafia utopia; we should expect this type of behaviour, its simply apart of the world we live in.

Report Post Tip

In truth, I think Alabama hit the nail on the head, saying, "I dont think the ability to change is the problem, its the desire to change I see as the issue."

Changing is a very, very easy thing to do when it is desired, in fact, take something that you desire and imagine yourself NOT doing it. Its hard work.

A problem occurs when someone does not want to change. In fact, chances are they want their bloodline to continue as they always have and that is their desire. Fair enough and good for them. Everyone is free to take their own road.

Problem is some of those roads lead to a bullet in the head and an early grave.

We should look to support those that wish to change and help them change as a community. Like Space_Pole said we have all had fuckups but those that desire to change in a positive way always pull through. I think thats the secret, not adaptation, but simply the genuine desire to adapt for the right reasons.

Those that do not change, and do not show the effort in changing clearly do not desire to change. Those bloodlines are the ones that are banned or hunted down.

Now has anyone got a spare coin, I seem to be short on change?

Report Post Tip

Gordon sits astride his seat stick and takes a final draw from the unfiltered Russian Sobranie. After tossing the smouldering remnant in the gutter he stands, wipes his brow and turns to face the gathered throng............

An intriguing subject indeed. One that deserves a much thought out reply maybe, or consideration at the very least of the implications of one`s response. Well, I feel there`s as much chance of Daniel Meehan becoming Bishop of Argyle and sending up all money gained from bribery to the rebuilding of St. Margaret’s, than some of these bloodlines ever changing their business ethic.

The problem is, exactly that. This issue will continue to be a problem by virtue of the fact that certain bloodlines do not appear to have the will, inclination, or capacity to change the ethos on which they have built their name. After all, a horse will take a piss when it wants, not when you want it to.

For this reason I agree with the words of Evil_Clown. It`s how we deal with the problem, not how we change it. I would suggest we treat these individuals no different to any other problem we may come up against. You measure the effect, you consider the negative implications, you stomach it all you can, and then...........when the opportunity presents itself, you get rid of it.

We are after all, Mafioso. I wouldn`t expect anything other than a swift removal of a thorn in the side of any family..........that`s how we do things.

Personally speaking, I`d love nothing better than to have the time to stand and debate the intricacies of our world with some low life. However, my Boss wouldn`t appreciate the drop in revenue.

Report Post Tip

This is the thing and that is that.

How can I change?  How?  Who will allow me to?  Who?  I am hunted and hated.

Report Post Tip

Estebano, you are a product of your own actions and those of your forefathers. You have brought all of this on yourself by following in their ways. Your forefathers made the same mistake. Sadly, you didn't learn from those mistakes.

Report Post Tip

You have brought this upon yourself EstebanoII in your continous onslaught of abuse and threats made against myself, and many other memebers of our communtity including several Godfathers and many high ranking members.

Hate to say I told you so 'pal'.

Report Post Tip

* Estebano quickly moves past on roller skates *

wwwwhhhHHHHAAAAAATTTT????

* Estebano comes to a halt *

What's a memeber?

Report Post Tip

A simple Mis-pronunciation, I assure you. Please do not draw out your departure from this world. You are finished, you know it, I know it, everyone in these blessed streets knows it. So please, kindly, take your worthless arse and get the fuck off of these streets.

Report Post Tip

OK RJ, let's have a rollerskate race.  And don't be using your height and weight advantage to your advantage.  You know what I mean?

Report Post Tip

So all you took in from those comments was a mispronunciation?

She shakes her head sadly.

You have burned all bridges. No one will knowingly accept you into their family. No one will knowingly accept any of your bloodline into their family or city. You ask how you can change this then behave in the manner in which you are now? Seems a bit counterproductive doesn't it? You have proven the only words you here are the ones that flow forth from your lips in a flood of bullshit and the ones in your head telling you that it's ok to be the way you are.

Truly you are a model Mafioso and we should all strive to be as successful and mature as yourself.

Report Post Tip

It's really mature of you Estebano, but let's be honest all you're doing now is making yourself look more of a fool. (If that is possible) I truly will be glad to see the back of you. Should you come back with another "amazing" underground organisation, i'll be sure to offer myself up for target practice (actually get some in this time, your last lot sucked. Seriously)

Report Post Tip

Canucklehead.

At last, someone who can recognise true quality.

Report Post Tip

Sadly, my sarcasm is above your head and between your knees.

She chuckles.

It's ok, you can take it as recognition, but not of your greatness...

Report Post Tip

We are after all, Mafioso. I wouldn`t expect anything other than a swift removal of a thorn in the side of any family..........that`s how we do things.

Reply by: Gordon_Zola at Sep 02, '11 22:41

Agreed. Gordon, go kill Oderus immediately please.

Report Post Tip

"Well, I'm going to ignore the bickering with a blithering idiot and continue to focus on the topic at hand."

Simplicity addressed El_Nino and smiled.

"For some they do change, perhaps they matured more as they grew up. It's crazy how much you can change in a year or two. Things that happen can change a person completely. Yet, at the same time I agree that you have to want to change."

"I can say that when I first started here I wasn't an amazing mafioso. I took quite a few breaks from this thing of ours and as time went by, which is about three years or so now, I changed. I would like to say I'm a respectable and hard working mafioso now. Yet, not everyone can do that. Not everyone can see where they are wrong and change. Some people never mature and some just never change."

"To live in this world you have to be like a chameleon. You must change with your environment to stay alive. You may not like how things are ran or done, but if you can get over it then maybe one day you'll be the one who calls the shots."

After she finished she then nodded to the rest standing around and made her way back to her HQ.

Report Post Tip

My thoughts, my thoughts, sadly I do not see a penny, nevertheless I feel generus, let us share.

Those who have been hunted, and only the newest of us have not know what "Bloodlined" means. In the time I have spent within this city I have felt little but compassion yet I understand those who do not wish to divuldge their past. I have seen the hunted and been the hunted and I know that there is nothing you can do, except exclude <em>all</em> your friends to stay hidden. Don't get me wrong. I'm quite up to the part where you bite the bullet and roll with the punches, because no matter how strong you are, there is <em>allways</em> someone who can reach far enough to kill you. Better to have dealt with it and be done than one day, at boss, capo or consig have the wrong person find out and bite one of those bullets you could have bitten at 24h. old.

Really though. To those in hiding, take an old vodevillian veteran's word: Come Out, Come Out, Wherever you are. You cannot hide forever, you can be forgiven.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blood lines and changing ways
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL