Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:20:38
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Who is going to win the World Cup and why ? Started by: Polio on Nov 24, '22 10:47

I said Argentina at the start of the competition so i will have to stick with that even though they have made a poor start.

On paper they have a quality side capable of being anyone, would be nice to see Messi rip the competition up also

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
From what I've seen so far I'd go with Spain or France, They just have so much talent...but of course anything can happen.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Watching the games so far, majority of the top teams have been awful at defending.

I think it's going to end up coming down to which teams attaching force can hammer in enough goals. France's attacking side were very impressive the other night. Interested to see how Brazil get on later today.

Report Post Tip

Someone from the traditionally "strong".

There is always surprises, however, at the end we all can imagine the finalists.

Personally i want Brasil, because they play offensive and attractive football.

Report Post Tip
Every major soccer tournament we do a pool for gambling purposes. It feels like every time I end up with Spain and/or Portugal. This year I specifically avoided taking either and went with France as my first round pick. Fingers crossed that France can pull it out, but I have this terrible feeling that Spain will find a way to win it all and make me look like a fool.
Report Post Tip

I am putting my money on australia now since they picked themselves up last night they played there game like how they should play, they were the soccorroos last night 

Report Post Tip

I'd say Canada but I don't even know if they are in it anymore thanks to the bought off referees that seem to be hired to cheat all over again in another world event.

and 20 dollar beer...what does Dubi think they are doing by charging that amount LOL

Report Post Tip

I think France will win a again and be the first team to defend the title since 1962. They have a great team and a great spirit and they have the prettiest ball girls so they have it in the bag. 

Report Post Tip

All this world cup is showing me is that FIFA remains corrupt. I'd love to see France make it to the end, perhaps the Netherlands if they stay good. If America beats Iran and qualifies that'll be pretty interesting.

Report Post Tip
My money's on Spain. F.Torres seems to be on fire. And their pool of talents on the team are insane. Imo to say the least. Brazil will have a tough time if Neymar cant play due to his ankle injury
Report Post Tip

I'd have said England might actually have a shot,  until they drew with the US.

0-0 vs the US ain't winning no tournament, no sir. 

Report Post Tip

I've said Brazil from the beginning and haven't seen anything to change my mind yet. Apart from France's chances tbh.

Certainly better geared up to handle the weather than the english! 

Report Post Tip
I think the USA soccer team will win simply because it’s the USA and I gotta re the good ole red white and blue you knawwww I’m
Sayinnnnn
Report Post Tip

i have no why no that i dont play or know who will win lol. the usa should have no chg lol.

Report Post Tip

There have been some quite disappointing performances so far. Even Brazil themselves with the team they had looked slow to get going against Switzerland yesterday.

So far, I would say France are looking the most consistent out of the top teams.

Report Post Tip
Hard to know. As mentioned above, we've had disappointing performances from some of the best teams. I think Spain and Brazil have good chances, although they also struggled and lost matches that were supposed to be easy.
Report Post Tip

I am revising my last prediction and going to join the Messi band wagon. I think this is Argentina's year to make a strong showing. As long as they can avoid scoring on themselves. ;)

Report Post Tip
In the group stage i didnt gave the Dutch any chance. After last match against the US they proved they can do better against better opponents.
I even think when they play against Argentina they can reach even higher goals.
I think the Dutch are having a good chance to win the WC this time.
Report Post Tip

Last few games I have started to lean a little more towards England having a better chance. Main issues I am seeing with them though is that the defending is getting rather sloppy at times.

Last night's game against Senegal they should have been punished twice but they were lucky with them not taking advantage of the mistakes. This will be the difference when they play France in the next round, as they have really good quality going forwards.

I don't think Spain are performing as good as they should be. Portugal have looked ok but nothing too special. I still think Brazil are real contenders just with the sheer pace of their team.

Report Post Tip
Maybe theres no point now. Seems obvious and i ve put all my savings there, all or nothing i allways say....
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Who is going to win the World Cup and why ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL