Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 04:22:39
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A Puzzling Riddle - A Challenge if you will. Started by: JoeyBagaDonuts on Sep 08, '11 03:02

It was a long way down the road from airport talking the time to getting re adjusted to using the legs after several flights here and there and back again, business as usual.

It was the same shit different day, putting the nose to the grind stone and sweating my tail off, petty crime after petty crime, felonies, and drug runs.

It was starting to get dreary now that the day was winding down.

And then it came to me,

“Joey”, I said to myself, there must be several others out there in this world who are working just as hard as you and could use a little something to keep them getting by.

I have a challenge out there for those of you willing to give it a shot, something to take your minds off of the tough work you have ahead of you.

“What is it that has but one condition, yet no conditions at all?”

If you can get it I would love it if you in return could also provide us with a riddle, but please try to solve this riddle before proposing a new one, wouldn’t want to get all discombobulated trying to solve several puzzles at once … but I digress.

So there is my challenge to you, if you should need a hint along the way to figure it out I will provide one,

Good Luck!

Report Post Tip

Anoxia listens to Joey's riddle and ponders for a moment. Smoking his cigar and rubbing his thumb and index finger on his chin he looks quite confused. And then, as if someone turned on a lightswitch inside his head, Anoxia gets it

"I see many mafioso in the obits section of the newspaper every sing day. And it made me think.... You are granted life, on the condition that you must die, there is no conditions to how you must die, but die you must. Therefore i believe the answer to be death"

Anoxia pulls out a piece of tattered old paper.

"Now, this is one i have known for a while, and i have enjoyed many answers to. So, i put it to you....

What is greater than god? More evil than the devil? Poor people Have it. Rich people need it, yet if you eat it you will die?"

Report Post Tip

Hmm, Anoxia, You brought up quite an excellent answer, I actually was anticipating the answer of true love, for it is one Condition to be in true love but at the same time, true love has no conditions, however, I feel your answer of death far more applicable to this world that we live in and I applaud your answer.

Now I do happen to know your riddle's answer ...

Allow me to break it down if you will

What is greater than God? Nothing …

What is more evil than the devil? Nothing …

Poor people have it. Nothing …

Rich people need it. Nothing …

If you eat it you will die. Nothing …

Therefore all that I can say is “Nothing”,

That is my final answer and I am sticking to it.

Now I’ve asked my good friend –Klint to step up and offer us up a riddle.

Report Post Tip

Contemplating to himself for a moment as he takes a big swig of a flask of whiskey, Klint realizes the answer.

"What is greater than god? More evil than the devil? Poor people Have it. Rich people need it, yet if you eat it you will die?"

The answer is nothing. Nothing is greater than god and more evil than the devil, rich people need nothing and poor people have nothing.  As far as not eating, that's a no brainer.

With a smile and a wink, Klint decides it's his turn.

"What is it that gets wetter when it dries?"

Report Post Tip

BubbleBeard chuckles at Klint and sips from his flask, slurring the answer quickly.

A towel!

Report Post Tip

Aye mate, a towel it is! And it looks like you might need one if you stay in that bathtub any longer you might prune up.

Klint reaches into his suitcase and produces a fresh, floral patterned towel with little duckies all over and hands it to CaptainBubblebeard.

Report Post Tip

"That is correct the both of you, the answer to my previous riddle was nothing"

Anoxia laughs a childish laugh to -Klint's riddle

"Apologies for laughing, it is just i remember my grandfather telling me that when i was a young boy and it amazed me, he was great man. I do believe that a towel gets wetter as it dries.

I have another topical one for you, very fitting for our lifestyle, yet a little bit harder.

The person who makes it, sells it. The person who buys it never uses it and the person who uses it doesn't know they are. What is it?"

Report Post Tip

BubbleBeard takes the towel and wraps it around his head to look all "badass" and puffs on his cigar as he contemplates Anoxia's latest riddle.

Yarrr matey, I do believe that be a coffin! Though I suppose if yee were anal and wanted a specific one, yee'd buy it before yee kicked the bucket.

Report Post Tip

The hulkster approaches the Riddle game and smiles widely! Hulk-A-Mania wanted to give it a try. However there was not a riddle for him to try so he looked in an old book and pulled one from the list.

How far will a blind Hulk-A-Maniac walk into a forest?

The hulkster rips his shirt waiting to see if the badass Captain or anyone else wishes to solve his idea of a riddle.

Report Post Tip

Well now Hulk, despite how badass Hulk-A-Maniacs are, they can only walk half way. Any further and they are then walking out of the Forest, not in.

I will allow the floor to open for someone else with a riddle at hand, as I currently have none.

Report Post Tip

Castro, listens in to the previoos riddles and gladly takes AlabamaWorley's offer of the stage. He turns around and faces the audience.

Haha, this is a good one people. There was a cowboy and he rode on his horse in to town on a Wednesday. He stayed in that crazy ass town for 5 days and left on a friday.. How is this possible? 

Castro waits to see if one can possibly handle this riddle

Report Post Tip

DanK walks onto the streets holding a book trying to look thoughtfull

Castro, did he ride Robinson Crusoe's good friend Man Friday?

Report Post Tip

His horses name is Friday.

Report Post Tip

As i got the previous one i'll put up another.

"Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not."

What is it?

Report Post Tip

This is a hard one

I know a word of letters three. Add two, and fewer there will be.

Report Post Tip

I stand up from my seat and address both of the men providing riddles. I cleared my throat before answering.

"For your answer, Cruel, I do believe that counterfeit currency is the answer."

I glanced at the other man who seemed to be waiting for an answer to his.

"For you, T-Man, I do not wish to answer both, lest I take away the enjoyment of this fine gathering from everyone else, so I will let that one continue instead of providing one of my own."

Report Post Tip

"Cruel, that was a hard riddle, and i must admit, i had to ask a friend who isn't from these shores about it, however i do believe the answer is counterfeit money, as whoever makes it, doesn't tell you its counterfeit, whoever takes the money, doesn't know it is counterfeit and whoever knows it is counterfeit doesn't want it. Very good riddle friend.

T-man, i do believe the answer to your riddle is written in the riddle itself. the word 'few' is of three letters, add two letters 'er' to get fewer. So the answer is 'few'."

Anoxia pulls out a picture from his wallet to show the crowd, there is a man in the picture.

"I have no brothers and no sisters, but this mans father is the son of my father, who is the man in the picture?"

Report Post Tip

After sitting back and listening with enjoyment to the various riddles, Lily chimes in with her answer to T-Man.

I believe that that would be "few," T-Man.

Report Post Tip

Posing questions, indeed, my fellow mobsters. But I must ask a simple question myself. What is pink, and wrinkly, and hangs out your pants?

Report Post Tip

Correct Doug and Anoxia.

Counterfei money was the answer.

Well played

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Puzzling Riddle - A Challenge if you will.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL