Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:34:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Quiz Started by: LiquidFareham on Jan 09, '23 13:42

I'm sure everybody has kept up with the tragedy surrounding the "rocky" lineage. 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝔸ℝ𝕆𝕃𝔻 held a fundraiser but is unable to complete its payment as there is no heir apparent.

So, we are left with a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money with no destination. What better way than to use it to entertain the populus?

For this reason we are holding a John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Quiz.

I have spent the better part of my life spreading the gospel of my forefather John, it's time to see if you have managed to commit it to memory.

PROOF OF LEGITIMACY AND POTENTIAL WORRIES

Now, I know, you're all wondering if it's safe to enter this competition. I have obtained permission from the Competition Commission, who I contacted through a contracted third party to protect The Commission member's identities. My permit is in order.

The commission has also made it very clear to me that they will oversee the whole affair to make sure the prize money is not awarded to a non-entrant.

Another thing you may be wondering is "aren't competitive writing competitions dangerous???".

Depite the fact that, yes, you are going to be competitively writing down your quiz answers, I have been assured by The Competition Commission that this is not a "standard writing competition" and that you are therefore free of danger (unless Chris_Vaughn intervenes).

THE RULES

Fill in the form, and mail it to me before a deadline I am yet to determine, but will definitely not be before the end of this week.

For every right answer you get 1 point.
Some questions have multiple correct answers, for these questions you will get 1 point for every submitted correct answer, and -1 points for every submitted incorrect answer.
Every open-ended question will be graded along a -1 to 3 point scale by our judges (me).

At the end of your point tally, we will multiply it by 2.38, and substract 3 points to get your Final Score, as is described in the "Competition Commission Standard Point Tally Procedure" chapter 2, section C.

Whoever's Final Score is the highest wins the SIZEABLE pool of prize fundraiser money.

Here is the Quiz form:

I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS

1. Who killed John_Fareham?
A. ShinigamiK
B. Chris_Vaughn
C. Constipated
D. Circle-of-Fire

2. Who told the joke that led to John_Fareham's death?
A. Chris_Vaughn
B. HeadCoach
C. FourMenInSuits
D. MikeTyson
E. John_Fareham

3. What was the joke that was told which led to John_Fareham's death?
(open question)

4. What happened immediately after John_Fareham's death, which had a big impact on the world
(open question, please be as descriptive as possible)

5. Who is the current heir of the Fareham Lineage?
A. LiquidFareham
B. Chris_Vaughn
C. Wellerman
D. GuybrushThreepwood
E. LiquidFareham
F. LiquidFareham

6. Who has the most hatred for the Fareham Lineage?
A. Chris_Vaughn
B. FatherMacklePenny
C. JamesBaxter
D. KingCharlesIII

7. What is the relation between the Fareham and Kuku lineages?
(open question)

8. How many pretenders have we seen attempting to claim Fareham name?
(open question, a single number will do)

9. What is the future of Fareham?
(open question)

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $942,264 Tip

6. I don’t care about the Fareham lineage at all. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

Sssshhhh!!! Don't give out hints for the answers to the public!!

This is a competitive quizzing competition, not a collaborative quizzing competition.

Report Post Tip

LiquidFareham

How sizeable is the prize?  And who is judging?

Can we exclude JamesBaxter from entering on account of

Can we also appoint Chris_Vaughn as president of the oversight committee? 

Report Post Tip

KingCharlesIII. VERY sizeable. Though I cannot give an exact number as that would spoil the susprise I'm sure you remember how much was raised for rocky's offspring. I also added a bonus on top out of my own pocket.

I am a judge for the open-ended answers together with a member of the competition committee. I don't actually know who, as all communication with them is confidential and handled by my contracted third-party (who I am forced to pay royally for this service).

I cannot exclude JamesBaxter on account of nothing.

KingCharlesIII, The Competition Committee is the sole supervisor of this competition. I would not want to incur their wrath by appointing another party as well. We all know their ruthlessness.

Report Post Tip

KingCharlesIII, you spend a lot of time thinking about me. That’s pretty weird considering I don’t think about you at all.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"this is a dying man's speech. @Alcuard should be renamed AFuckingCuward as he dropped me.

What next?" 

Report Post Tip
Very good journalism pin-pointing excact every little thibg happen to him, when will this stop, so boring seeing this day out.

Tutte gets going to drink a beer to honour some on the grave yard
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tutte I think you're mistaken, this is a bulletin for a quiz I'm hosting. Not a newspaper.

Do you wish to participate?

The prize pot is BIG with a capital B, I and G.

Report Post Tip
Tutte jumps of that offer to participate, love all the good work you do LiquidFareham but must say no and do more important things in life instead.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Wellerman was on his way to the crematorium to meet his friends for cocktails when he stumbled upon a torn and crumpled up piece of paper. Reaching down he picked up the paper and quickly discarded it in the nearby bin. People could at least clean up after themselves and not leave so much trash laying around. Completely unrelated to this LiquidFareham was passing out papers nearby. 

Hello good sir. I'll take one of those! I've been studying my histories so I think I'll have a good shot of getting these right. Of course, I'll be needing someone to read the quiz to me. Does the Competition Commission set that up or do I have to find someone on my own? I just want to make sure you get a fair accounting. 

Do you have a CC contact we can bring in on this to answer my questions? I want to make sure my voice is heard. 

Report Post Tip

Any word on the number of entries, LiquidFareham?

This world of ours could do with more friendly competitions such as this. 

Report Post Tip

Isa was out on business and came across a Q & A. With the exception of a few names listed for possible answers all of this was foreign to Isa and must have been for her time. 

Isa thinks nothing wrong with a quiz and has a question herself. Can you come up with a Q & A that grabs the readers interest? I might be interested in assisting. 

Report Post Tip

Tutte - answering the questions in the quizz would only take a short time, I promise. Even less time than your most recent run-in with KingCharlesIII.

Wellerman - one of the perks of running my competition under the feathery and long-spanning wings of the Competition Commission is that this is all provided for and taken care of for me. Normally.

I'd bring you into contact with the Competition Commission to voice your request, but my only contact is the contracted third-party inbetween. You're free to request it through them though (just write to JamesBaxter).

JamesBaxter - though I cannot reveal the exact number as that would be against the Competition Commission regulations for competition conduct, I can be vague and say it's "several".

I have been impressed by the entrant's knowledge of history so far, one entrant even had a Final Score of 35.08.

Isabella. This is not a Q&A, this is a Quiz. I don't give answers, I ask questions and the masses give answers. There is no question asking for questions. This line of questioning is becoming a questionable affair. There is no quest for questions. Only prize money.

Report Post Tip

A quiz, interesting..

JudgeTopperson has no clue about the content of the quiz, but Pierre_Baguette once told him: If yooh don't no eat, yooh just ave too try eat.

I am not someone to judge the quality of anyone's quiz, but let me answer these q's.

First of all, the name Chris_Vaughn is mentioned often, so it probably is right somewhere, so my answers to question 2, 3, 5 and 6 are Chris_Vaughn.

Then..

A joke leading to John's death..

The judge sighed

I would wildly guess.. John insulted the that-time GFC of another city by saying he would piss on their grave.

Question four will be easy: The end of the Aztec calendar came right after, the world became an inferno, an eschaton. A year without summer emerged, just like after Mt Krakatau's eruption over 100 years earlier.

The judge scraped his throat

On to question 7 then.. The fact that the question is asked makes me suspect that there is a reason it is asked. So I would say: The former is part of the latter.

Question 8: None, zero, nil. Give or take a few on that one.

And for the final question. I reckon they will die in the end. Everyone does.

Report Post Tip

JudgeTopperson, though it was hard to follow your submission since you orated it instead of filling in the form and mailing it to my home address, I've managed to write it all down (and calculated your Final Score).

The fact that you narrated some of the questions out of order made the whole thing even harder.

But congratulations, you've officially entered the competitive quizzing competition.

Report Post Tip

Well, Liquid.. Thank you for solving that puzzle then.

To be honest: I don't believe in sending filled in forms by mail as I don't have much confidence in the postal service. Sent items get lost more often than virginity. Not that I have lost the latter, as I am a man of Go.. Wait..

Hang on, that's a priest I am talking about, isn't it?

I suppose you can ignore that line then, Mr Fareham. Thank you for the massive reward in advance.

Report Post Tip

Never thought it would be so quick to prove my final quiz answer..

Rest in Peace, Liquid

Report Post Tip

The quiz is continuing. 

IT IS MY FATHER'S LEGACY 

Report Post Tip

Top prize is $30m and we've had three entries.

COME ON PEOPLE

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Quiz
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL