Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:25:01
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Theory of a flat earth Started by: Roscoe on Jan 22, '23 20:07

What do you guys think? maybe we live in a can of soup. who know!?!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mmm.. soup

Report Post Tip

This is covered in SYSTEMATIC IMMOLATION OF THOUGHT 

Report Post Tip

Oh what kind of soup would you suggest? I think maybe beef barley. I don't know why beef barley but it sounded good to me. As for the earth being flat, no freaking way

Report Post Tip

acid soup?

Report Post Tip

imagine the amount of people falling off if the earth was flat.  western prairie canada would not feel the same cause its all flat anyway

If it was flat, don't you think we would have heard about someone falling off the edges by now? lol

Report Post Tip

I think there's no way it's flat. It's just not humanely possible. There's too much travel, and too much proof otherwise. 

If it was flat, don't you think we would have heard about someone falling off the edges by now? lol

Don't be daft Vaughn, NASA field agents protect the edges from prying eyes with QRF support from the newly formed Space Force.

Report Post Tip

I have thought to myself many different conspiracy theories are possible or plausible, and some of them even came true years later. But the flat Earth theory makes no sense to me. 

I’m not bright enough to understand the maths, however….

David S. Weiss. Distinguished Professor of Physics. Interests. Atomic, molecular and optical. Quantum information. Tried to prove the earths curve but failed….

When I’m out sailing or kayaking on the open ocean you can see a curve in the horizon.
Report Post Tip

David S. Weiss. Distinguished Professor of Physics. Interests. Atomic, molecular and optical. Quantum information. Tried to prove the earths curve but failed….

A guy named Eratosthenes figured out the math in the 3rd century BC so it sounds like that guy is just a fucking idiot

A guy named Eratosthenes figured out the math in the 3rd century BC

I watched a YouTube video on that. Was genuinely fascinated. I mean, the theory is fairly elementary, but the application and knowledge to do it - even having the foresight to consider the earth round when only a couple of men had posited that hyposthesis previously... and it was disgustingly accurate. Bro was a legit genius.

Report Post Tip
I wonder if these hardcore flat earthers are actually just pretending, it’s only a matter of time before someone sends a group of them into space to prove them wrong for a reality tv show. I reckon they’re just after a free ticket

Marston don't spoil my plan you cabbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEbLfKCUrUQ

Flat jingle bell, flat jingle bell, flat jingle bell, flat jingle bells on the tree! Christmas is not a holiday! Flat jingle bell, flat jingle bells on the tree!

Report Post Tip

How is the earth round? How is the sun so hot and huge? If the surface of the sun is only 10k degrees how does it give us heat from so far away if space is a vacuum? Heat cant transfer well in a vacuum. Think with your heads people. Embrace flat earth theory. Our system has failed us! There is no round earth. We are on a flat earth and the run revolves around us.

Report Post Tip

Nothing to think about..

Earth is round! An astounding amount of scientific evidence does indeed provide us with all the answers. To name a few, the most prominent visible evidence is in the observation of earth's shadow on the moon's surface during a lunar eclipse, which can only be explained by a spherical planet. Additionally ships on the ocean gradually disappearing over the horizon as they sail away and out of distance (your viewpoint), not because they fall off the edge.. But because of earth's curvature.

Also, there are many photos of earth from space, further support the round shape of our planet. Humans can actually see the curved horizon from extreme altitudes, and in fact astronauts can clearly view it's spherical shape from space - all this provides overwhelming evidence against a so called flat-earth theory.

In conclusion, the idea of a flat-earth is not supported by modern science and goes against our established laws of physics.

Planet Earth is undeniably round.

Report Post Tip

The simple answer is still...take a camera, stick it on a drone, launch said drone as far into the air as you can get it, then take a look at the recordings.  If you can't see your back (or the object blocking you) in said recording...then the earth can't be flat right?

Report Post Tip

You would think that, but theres a documentary a flat earther did where he proved the earth is round and still went, "Nah," which leads me to believe willfully ignorant people should be avoided at all costs. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Theory of a flat earth
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL