Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:42:49
Page:  1 
Mafioso Manifesto W.E 29.01.19XX Started by: AraMina on Jan 29, '23 10:31

𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐎𝐒𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐚𝐧 𝟐𝟗 𝟏𝟗𝐗𝐗.

Letter From The Editorial Board

Dear reader,

Amidst the chaos of our bustling streets and the recent jail-breaking events, we hope this first issue of the Mafioso Manifesto finds you well.

Excitement is to the brim here at our offices in Corkdown, Detroit. Our passionate writers have dedicated themselves to putting in their extensive research and journalism skills.

While we hope to even be as good as the previous newspapers that have blessed the streets, we simply want to satisfy your curiosities and get you informed on the current events.

Grab your warm cup of coffee as we will soon dive right into the local news.

Lastly but certainly not the least, we are seeking creative minds to join the editorial team... Please get in touch if this interests you!

Many thanks,

AraMina | OffsidePrince
Senior Editors

Local News

BUSTED! Hundreds of prisoners escaped.

Jails across the six cities were in turmoil as hundreds of prisoners busted out of their cages. On the 21st of Jan, criminals from the inside had a lot of help due to their mafia connections, and it seemed as though some cops had purposely turned a blind eye to this. 

Are they corrupted by their love for money and drugs?

Innocent civilians were told to stay away due to the major disturbances on the road as police blocked off some streets.

There were a few witnesses from a coffee shop in Detroit, 'Sunshyne Cafe', claiming to have seen a man getting tackled down still in his handcuffs by authorities. Reporters revealed the man's identity. John Reign, 62, a retired Don with multiple charges of murder and fraud. He attempted to flee in a stolen vehicle but was met with an enemy around the corner.

Meanwhile, other prisoners were armed with guns and were able to successfully elude the police force. The search still continues to find the escaped inmates, but some individuals are starting to doubt the efforts of our esteemed officers of the law. Had they already given up and accepted the fact that they will never outrun the mob?

SEE THE AFTERMATH

Innocent locals have used their voice to express their concern over their safety, but a spokesperson for the police department only disclosed that they will be increasing their security to keep the criminals where they belong. 

Police officers who were out on duty were questioned by reporters from Mafioso Manifesto about the recent happenings. They refused to provide any further comments.

While we hope that the ordinary citizens of our world can be kept safe, this brings the thought that perhaps the mafia didn't even intend to involve them at all? Do the mobsters really benefit from harming the innocent locals while they bust out their fellow family members?

Family Takedowns in New York

Death and loss.

A sensitive subject for many that became a very real, excruciating experience for the former members of New York city. A wave of grief washed over mobsters affected by the takedown in NYC. As we reflect on the lives lost and the legacies left behind, we here from Mafioso Manifesto pay our deepest respects to the fallen and our thoughts are with their loved ones and close friends.

May they rest with the angels.

In this kind of mass killing scenario, whether it be a war/takedown, there are always two sides to the story. As such, we get a look into the different perspectives from these two sides after PlagueDoctor's son 'CoolBeans' came out to the streets to speak on the incident. In a world where people may feel like they are expected to just conduct business as usual after a significant takedown, the speech by Beans was like a light in a dark tunnel for others.

SEE FULL ACCOUNT

Though death bought new life along into the veins of the Big Apple, introducing some old outfits to new streets, along with some new crews by their side, bringing order and style back to the disheveled streets of New York. The Kayakers had made their grand entrance with Godfather SassyPeach as their leader. GRHS.

Currently, Hole in the Wall and The Dog Pound have been making themselves at home in Brooklyn, Fireflies have been seen making a raucous in the Bronx, and this week for your weather forecast we have Permafrost here in Queens and it has no intention of thawing anytime soon!

Community Talk

Face To Face With: IANYU

Our interviewers here at Mafioso Manifesto couldn't wait to sit down with IANYU as they ask him about his journey so far as a Don leading in Corktown, DT - and get his story on how long his family been out in these streets. 

And we were also curious on who has been his biggest inspiration thus far as he navigates this world we live in.

"My family hasn't been around for a long time, but they have been hardworking is what I can tell. My mother, grandmother and great grandmothers have been great businesswomen who made connections with some great people of their times.

...So needless to say, they've been my biggest inspiration."

The power of this world seems to not only come from the money and drugs but strong connections as well. Others might say it is the most important thing to have!

Crew leaders may remember a specific moment in time when they decided they wanted to lead a city or district. We ask IANYU when he knew he was ready and how did he come to that decision? 

"I remember the time when there were only dead bodies lying on the streets of Detroit and clone armies taking advantage of the situation to take control of the city. That was when my then boss, Don SassyPeach, now Godfather Chairman of New York, offered me to set up my own family in Detroit...

..I don't know what was going through my mind back then, but I immediately said yes. Now that I think about it, I guess I was drawn towards Detroit because I've always heard my grandma talk about their time in this city and how much they missed it after they moved back to Asia."

Of course, we also wanted the scoop on what his favourite coffee shop is. A little BD publicity never hurts!

"I don't drink coffee much, but as someone who loves food, I can tell you of one shop that everyone MUST visit. My mother had opened it up here in DT and is called Ramen in a Box. If you want authentic ramen, this is the place."

That is definitely up next on Mafioso Manifesto's travel bucket list!

We did a deep dive into the streets and what has been in the spotlight so far. The Kuku situation seems to have been a trouble for some time now - we get IANYU's view on this:

"Kuku... that name surely rings a bell... but I don't have a lot to say about him. But I won't tolerate anyone wearing my crew tag and going around bringing trouble to me and others."

As we were starting to wrap up our conversation, we ask IANYU on what are his future plans to strengthen the city of Detroit.

"I cannot speak for the entire city, but as the leader of Corktown, I want the district to be known as a rich neighbourhood, especially in arts and culture. A place of cultural diversity."

Our first interview done and dusted. In which we had the pleasure of having Don IANYU, leader of Dream Perfect Regime come on board. May we wish him and his members continued success.

If you would like to request someone to be in the hot seat next, please don't hesitate to let us know. Or if you yourself would like to be interviewed, please get in touch as it would be an honour to chat with your fine self!

QOTW (Question of The Week)

What is your obsession this week? We asked a few people from the community about what their weekly obsession is. Is it the latest clothing trends? A brand new coffee shop down the road? A new book they just picked up?

It is always such an adventure to see what people are up to these days and goes to show that this world is constantly evolving with their new discoveries.

Earner KennyRusso"My obsession this week is the latest two album of my favorite band Rammstein. Been listening all day for 3 days."

Boss Catatonic"My obsession this week was seeing Avatar: The way of water. I watched it in a theater that had motion seats. The move and the experience was great. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend the movie, as well as, the seat experience."

Consigliere Tutte"Sport, watches much soccer and wintersports"

Goomba Cliper"This game actually, Ive been playing it almost nonstop since ive joined. Ive played around 40 hours a few years ago as Polor. I also started walking irl. Its been catharsis. Ive also got into ranked League of legends"

Boss Terry"Property is a passion, them breaks away, those sunset beaches, that winter ski lodge where can sip cognac and relax without the outside world finding or bothering you.  The little breaks in this business just help stop things getting too stressful.  The minute you stop having a reason to be in this business or an outlet; can sometimes lead to worrying consequences for a persons health.   So i wil enjoy my cognac or carribean rum's as travel and stay at my various houses, everywhere seeing something new, or a new opportunity and outlook."

Next week - what are people's favourite way to unwind after a long, hard day at work? We will get to have an insight into the relaxation routines of our fellow mobsters. Thank you so much to those who participated in this week's QOTW!

Special Update

Donkey Swims With The Fishes

"We have the rogue. We have eliminated DonkeyKong." A Chief of Detectives made the official statement to reporters.

The crime lies in the devastating murder of Don Silvio-Dante and Godfather SassyPeach.

Here's what we know so far:

Family, friends and other mafia associates who recognized the two mob boss leaders gunned down were made aware of the horror news on January 26. The murders occurred on the same day as a massive announcement from Philly's GFC quiet - who released a statement to the upper structures, in which it had stated the approval of Zlatan's auth in South Philly and transition of Silvio's rank to Godfather.

Once the alerts were sent out regarding the rogue and his whereabouts, the hunt started.

The matter is still being investigated on the cause for the attack. Was it a random killing spree - or were there other reasons to provoke the rogue into targeting them?

And while the evidence is still being thoroughly searched, we reflect on the lives that these two crew leaders led.

Godfather SassyPeach, his sense of style: a quality which he not only held in high esteem, but what his heir would have wanted people to remember him by. A swathe of people came to show their respects to the late GFC, who successfully held a position from sea-to-sea, starting a crew in Las Vegas who formed themselves into a full fledged Family. After the success, the Kayakers migrated to New York. There they attempted to revive the city infrastructure.

SEE FUNERAL

Don Silvio-Dante. The leader of Sopranos Crime Syndicate, guarding the gates of South Philly. It is a difficult process to get to know someone once they are gone, but even a stranger could clearly tell that Dante was very respected and honoured for the efforts he put into his city. Aside from that, he was also a brilliant lottery winner and extremely kind. At his funeral, many people turned up. "I hate seeing this happen to such a great guy" said one. 

SEE FUNERAL

We only hope that those saddened by their deaths can somehow be at peace remembering the positive impact that Peach and Dante had on them.

Rest in peace SassyPeach and Silvio-Dante.

NEW AUTHS

Strength for today, a bright hope for tomorrow as we witnessed this week's new leaders take the reins. A congratulations is in order for:

Philadelphia's Newest:

@Zlatan - Leader of The Dynasty in South Philly, PH

Los Angeles' Newest:

Craven - Leader of The Damnation in Downtown, LA

Las Vegas' Newest:

Cirilla - Leader of Kaer Seren in Summerlin, LV

CLASSIFIEDS

Get in touch if you'd like to showcase an event or your business in our newspaper, whether it's brand new and you want to invite people for the first official opening, or if you're in need of more exposure to new customers.

If this is something that you're keen on, please provide your business or event name, a brief description and the location.

We will have it published in our next weekly edition!

Reproduction in whole or in part of this publication is strictly prohibited without prior consent. Any concerns or complaints are to be directed to AraMina for further discussion.

CLICK TO CONTACT:

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/sndmsg.php?to=OffsidePrince,Aramina

Report Post Tips: 32 / Total: $3,160,000 Tip

I am very pleased to see a fresh newspaper in town. Though we may have become rivals from now on due the competitive (writing) nature of the journalistic sector, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.

No doubt this was made possible by the climate our "Leader of The Streets for-a-day" BarbaraWawa created in his quest to revitalise the newspaper industry.

God speed, may your hot scoops be plenty. A word of advice from a fellow journalist: don't get your hot scoops from Premeir.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This is exactly the kind of journalism we need in the streets today. Great article Ara. No lies, no gaslighting, just cold hard facts. 10/10

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Polio picks up the mafioso manifesto

A breath of fresh air to read some original content that has some meaning to our world, keep up the good work AraMina

TheBeast what are you implying with that last comment? That I light gasses aflame like somekind of pyrotechnician for a living?

I would never play with fire in fear of scorching away my one defining physical feature, my monobrow.

Without it, women would lose all interest in me.

Report Post Tip

We must ask Tutte and TheBeast of they intend to kill AraMina?

Totally 10/10 to this wonderful journalisting. Many thanks for a Real nrwspaper we likely read.

And the trolls must destroy in here also my god.

Please stay out of this. Behave for once!
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Wellerman stops and scraps more dog shit off of his boot. 

Someone really needs to do something about this dog shit everywhere. A leash law might be necessary soon... 

A new paper! I'm sure you've done very good work AraMina and I can't wait to get back to the docks and have this read to me. Listening to the paper has quickly become one of my favorite activities. It's good to keep the mind sharp. 

Anyways, I'll be heading back to Philly, but I hope to see more newpapers soon! 

Wellerman wanders off in the direction of New York. 

Report Post Tip

Great piece of work, AraMina. Keep it up!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for your kind words about my late father and thank you to all the people who came to his funeral and said such nice and positive things.

Report Post Tip

Kenny picks up a copy of the manifesto and goes to the nearest coffee shop to read. He buys a black coffee and lights a cigarette, takes a seat outside on one of the tables and enjoys the midday sun while reading. After a few minutes, he finishes and pulls out his notebook and writes a letter to be delivered to the authors of the mafioso manifesto.

A great read! Excellent job on the writing, accuracy and the truth behind the recent events. I'm eagerly waiting for next week.

Also I wanted to thank you for the opportunity to be in the newspaper.

Probably will formulate a better response if I'm invited next time.

Good luck with the project!

~Kenneth Russo

After that, he mailed the letter and went home. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Adonna picked up a copy of the newspaper and read it. She was surprised how good it was. She wrote a note to AraMina:

Brilliant job Aramina! Please, keep these coming!

Report Post Tip

That's a job well done. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, it was a genuinely nice piece to read through in the morning to catch up on recent events. 

Looking forward to next weeks edition, where I'll inevitably read up on the events that have passed me by.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on the Paper, great fucking read.

With a background as a communications officer, right? This is a breath of fresh air compared to the tabloid crap we be getting.

Unbiased, factual and with a multitude of information, and not at all an opinion piece (those should be left to magazines)

I recently picked up the newspaper, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed with its content, presentation, and overall quality. The articles are well-researched, informative, and engaging, covering a wide range of topics from each of the 6 cities

The writers are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and their writing style is easy to read, making it a breeze to stay informed. The editorials are thought-provoking, and the community talk section is a platform for healthy debates and discussions.

What sets this newspaper apart is its attention to detail.  The presentation of the content is top-notch, and I appreciate the effort put into making the newspaper an ocular treat.

In short, this newspaper is a must-read for anyone looking to stay informed and up-to-date on current events. I highly recommend it to anyone who values high-quality journalism, and I look forward to reading every issue.

~Olivia

James walked the streets as he often did late at night when things were quiet, he likes to think about things. Coming across the paper stand he usually gets his market journals from he spies a new paper on the shelf. yeah he has seen the news lately and it is not worth reading until he sees the name on the byline, huh buying a copy he walks and scans it. He can't help but think this is the kind of news we need, not the drama just the easy place to find out the latest info and not see all the mess. 

Report Post Tip

BlakeOakfield stumbles upon a copy of the paper he see's on the floor. Damp and falling apart, he picks it up anyway and has a quick scan over the headlines before mumbling to himself.

Well, that's a disappointment... I was looking forward to an updated paper to browse this week but I can't seem to find anything anywhere, just this copy from last week which is looking a bit tired now. 

He throws the paper back to the ground and looks down at it once more, before rubbing his hands together in an attempt to wipe away some of the dirt.

Perhaps there will be another paper in the near future anyway, it'll give me something to look forward to if nothing else. Hopefully something noteworthy will occur and give our journalists a reason to update the masses.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafioso Manifesto W.E 29.01.19XX
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL