Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 02:36:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Hogwarts Legacy Started by: RichardMoltisanti on Feb 04, '23 01:26

I'll play a hogwarts game when I can do it as a VRMMORPG thats when gaming gets real. Otherwise I just generally fail at hand eye coordination so I'm down to observe yall. I'll call it the new harry potter movie I've wanted for years 

Report Post Tip

Anyone playing it yet? Did I hear there's no Quidditch?

Let's hear a quick review when you finally put the controller down!

Report Post Tip

Marston I gave in and bought it last night, so much for waiting a couple weeks :|

I'm only about 6 hours in, I haven't even got to fly a broom yet so my review wouldn't be thorough. I can confirm that there is no quidditch - it's rumored to be a DLC coming down the road but as of now no quidditch. So far the world looks great, Hogwarts is huge and interesting, and the characters are diverse and about as interesting as NPCs can be. I'm not very far into the story as I'm a bit of an exploroholic, so I've yet to experience some of the things I'm most looking forward to like the room of requirement, beast taming, and alchemic features. But the coupe of duels/battles I've been in have been exciting, and wandwork seems fun and more than just button mashing.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

@Martson and Cirilla

I won't say too much to avoid spoilers, but I am enjoying the game more and more as I play. Unfortunately, there is no Quidditch yet. However, it seems like they sort of have the "groundwork" for it to be easily implemented as DLC or a patch update.

I just recently got to the room of requirement and there's a lot of customization that can be done. I have a few potting tables and potion stations to keep a good stock of supplies in rotation.

Broom flying is actually smoother than I expected it to be. I'm excited to eventually tame beasts and get a mount. As Cirilla mentioned, the duels/battles are pretty fun. Putting together combos and utilizing spells feels satisfying. 

Overall, I like the game a lot. I think I still have a lot to do and discover, but so far it's great!

Oh and you can eventually dive into the dark arts...

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I am thinking about buying this. Do I need a gaming controller? Is a best one if I do?

Report Post Tip

miles_of_style you do not. You can play with keyboard and mouse. You could also just plug in a standard Xbox/PS controller via USB 

Report Post Tip

Thanks cirill.  I appreciate the answer. Looks like I am buying this today : )

Report Post Tip

I've been heavily contemplating buying this game, and this thread has absolutely not helped with my decision. Now instead of waiting for a while for all of the bugs and patches and reviews come out, I'm half tempted just to say fuck it and spend the money. :s

Report Post Tip

HazelNoir I have yet to encounter a single bug or issue of any sort. They did a really good job here being ready for launch, the game is polished.

Report Post Tip

Ah, hell. Why'd you have to tell me that, Cirilla ? That's it. I'm doing it. I blame you.

On the other hand, I'll be happy knowing that I won't be dropping an absurd amount of money on something that's not worth it, so I do thank you for that :P 

Report Post Tip

Ironically just after posting that, I had an issue :P Very minor, my ally got stuck on a door and tried to moonwalk his way back out of it, but was trapped. A simple save/reload fixed it no problem.

Report Post Tip

I will definitely be playing this game eventually!  I do understand that people get a little angry about all this but I really don't understand it.  People buy goods and services and if you follow the money trail up high enough a lot of the time it will help out someone you really don't agree with...  I understand that she who many people don't want to name has said a fair bit that was inappropriate and immature. (Mind I don't know that I actually know what was said as I haven't heard any of it, only the outrage as a result so please don't be upset with me.)  But I cannot let where the money is going be the sole purpose stopping me from buying something that I think will bring great enjoyment and video games bring me great enjoyment...  And for a long time I've been a very large fan of the Harry Potter universe...  So!  That said I will be buying the game once either I can afford it or the price comes down.  That is all! <3

I'll probably get this weekend since next week it's holiday over here so no classes for an entire week. Gonna play the shit out of this game. Can't wait. Also will honor the hats choice and play the house I'm assigned. I'll reinburse the game if its hufflepuff
Report Post Tip

KennyRusso

I did the same thing. I took the quiz on the website and got Ravenclaw 3 times in a row, so I figured it was the house I would be going to. My wife got Hufflepuff and her sister got Slytherin lol.

Considering I am one of the people that she hates, I will not be spending my money on the game supporting her. Also I have no money nor a system to play it on. It sucks because I loved Harry Potter growing up. I was a hufflepuff. But then her views came out and she doubled down on them every chance she could. I’ve been working on distancing myself from her works. There are better writers that are also allies that I can support.
Report Post Tip

Anyone just skipped through and smashed out the main story yet? I'm wondering how big of a beast the whole game is

Report Post Tip

What are you talking about Mave?? Supporting who???

I am waiting 4-6 months to buy this. Hopefully Quiddich will be added by then and all bugs will be gone. I am surprised of the requirements for this game with the minimal graphics that have been mentioned. You would have expected much more.

Report Post Tip

I can't wait to play Hogwarts Legacy. Wish I had a ps5 though so I wouldn't have to wait till April to play it on ps4. Haven't decided yet if I would learn the dark arts or just the light spells. 

Report Post Tip

The game looks good and I would play if I had some more time. These days it would end up being another distraction, which is the last thing I need right now. But it looks dope, the Harry Potter universe still has much to offer imo.

Report Post Tip

Marston I've heard that it's ~38 hrs to beat. I still haven't beat the game, but that's due to work, side quests, etc. 

I decided I want to learn all of the dark arts lol so I have to do quite a few side quests to get there.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Hogwarts Legacy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL