Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 04:15:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Hogwarts Legacy Started by: RichardMoltisanti on Feb 04, '23 01:26

I'm not a Harry Potter freak, but I'm considering getting this. I believe I need a new PC to run it. Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

I'm actually curious about this too.  The review aren't great, so I'm questioning if it's worth buying considering how much it is.  Has anyone played this yet?  What do you think of it?  It looks pretty decent but I just can't decide if I want to buy it.

Report Post Tip

Violet- and Betty_BigOnes

I'm not entirely sure on the PC specs needed. You can probably get away with minimum specs, but recommended does require a little more power. I am playing on Xbox Series X though, so I can't comment much on that.

In terms of reviews, I know some of the reviews were bombed due to controversy. I won't waste your time, you can look through the thread or google why it's controversial.

Anyways, I think the game is pretty good. Personally, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

There are some nuisances and minor bugs, but it's not game breaking or bad enough to ruin the game experience. Some of the controls on mounts/brooms are a little wonky. There are times I have to save and reload my game because an NPC is stuck (or I am). I also had some occasions where NPCs I needed to talk to would just keep talking and I couldn't interact. That was solved by reloading.

Other than that, the game runs smoothly and I have no performance issues in combat (I do choose the performance setting rather than visual). 

The only thing that I do find unfortunate, is that SUPPOSEDLY the developers have no plans to add additional content. This is according to a statement made to IGN. That would suck since they have so much potential to expand the game, but it is what it is.

Report Post Tip

betty_bigones https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/pc-specs

The minimum is GTX 960, based on some of the games I know you play, you should have no trouble running this, even if at low settings.

Report Post Tip

I've been playing and it's good. It hasn't got me addicted like some other games that launched these last few years but I'm still early in the story. Map is huge, exploration is awesome and the combat it's pretty fun

Experiencing stuttering with the PC version tho. Gets me annoyed

Report Post Tip

I bought the game and I can say It's pretty amazing. Theres a bit of controversy surrounding the game, mostly by ppl who don't know much about anything. The game has a TG npc and an openly lesbian npc, so no one should complain about it. It's about as diverse as a game could be and I'm pretty sure JKR has nothing to do with it. Then again, Haters gonna hate. I give the game a solid 9.3. 

Report Post Tip

KennyRusso  this fixed my stuttering for the most part, runs so much better:

1. Open Windows search and look for “Exploit protection”.
  2. Go to the “Program settings” tab.
  3. Click “Add program to customise”.
  4. Select “Choose exact file path”.
  5. Locate the HogwartsLegacy app, which is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy.
  6. Scroll down to “Control flow guard (CFG)”.
  7. Change the “Override system settings” to “off”.
  8. Click “Apply” and restart your PC.
Report Post Tip

Thanks, I'll try that now FutureStealer I hope it works

I can run it on ultra but the stuttering made me put all in low and I still got some

Report Post Tip

As for the game, I personally feel this is the best game to come out in quite a while.  Particularly if you're a big fan of puzzles, exploring, or other side mission stuff this game is the best game to come out for me in the last 10 years or so.  I have 30 hours in game and just unlocked the last mini game thing you can do.  I've spent probably 15 of the 30 hours not even doing quests, just running around doing shit.  The world is beautiful and large, but the ease of getting around makes it feel accessible.  The music is top notch, one of the few games that I've not muted for my own music.  And the combat just feels good.  I feel like I'm in control of the fight.

Top notch game, if you're on the fence buy it.

Report Post Tip

I finally finished the main story of the game! I did a lot of the side quests as well, but I still have a lot to do. The map is huge and still has grey areas, so I will be flying around and exploring it further.

I won't spoil anything, but the ending was like a movie.

Report Post Tip

It's been a week since I've bought Hogwarts and it's safe to say that everything around me has gotten put on pause. I've been sucked in from the first moment and I'll happily say I'm sure I have several more weeks of ignoring the rest of the world while I continue to cast spells, knock over every book pile, and pet every cat I see. 

Report Post Tip

OK, I've bought and downloaded this. when I go to open it I get this message:

The following components are required to run this program:

Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime

When I run a search for this I get the following (runtime is not stated)

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads

This is my device specs:

Device name    GWTN141-10
Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID    FACF649F-DA3F-4340-B3EA-C2B661E42E74
Product ID    00325-96794-56908-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

What am I missing here? I've downloaded a couple things but nothing has worked. Could use some guidance here.

Report Post Tip

Hey miles_of_style, it looks like you have a HP ProBook 4340s Notebook PC laptop? If so, you don't have a GPU capable of running a game like this. Your graphics unit is probably built in with the processor and is built for basic PC things rather than games and I don't think you'll be able to play it without a serious upgrade (if that's even possible with this type of laptop). I think your only option is a refund :s

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

thanks Goku. I have had this laptop over a year. And yes, that is what I have.

I have a new laptop that should handle it still boxed in the hallway. I will beak it out and try again. thanks

Report Post Tip

* actually I have the Gateway version but it has 4320 specs

Report Post Tip

WOW what a mess! I kept getting that same error message. I finally downloaded all three Visual links and the last one worked. None of them cpontained the word "running". They contained "Redistributable" instead. Game is running now. Lets see what happens.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Hogwarts Legacy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL