Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 23:11:03
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Why not get drunk? Started by: James-Coonan on Mar 26, '23 01:16
Okay so my question is why is it really a bad idea to use alcohol to feel better when there really is nothing to lose by doing it?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

There's actually a lot you can lose by doing it. And sometimes stuff that you can't remember or be forgiven for. 

If you are using it to "feel better" it's really just masking your feelings/emotions for the time being not really confronting them. As someone who drinks and am working on recovery, I had to learn the difference between drinking to feel better and socially drinking or having one every once in a while.

It shouldn't be "damn today sucked, time to get fucked up!"

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Well good luck to you and your recovery. Maybe I really just don't want to remember shit I've been in recovery for almost 16 years and can't say I find a real reason to stay that way
Report Post Tip

Things usually get worse when drunk, at least for me

Losing control and doing stuff that you'll regret in the morning is REAL BAD, even more when you're feeling down.

Also hangovers are a bitch

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Fortunately for me I don't get hangovers because I only drink hard liquor and you know I regret most things that I do in life anyways so I feel at least if I'm drunk and go in it I can have fun with it.
Report Post Tip

I also wanted to point out I didn't mean it in a condescending way. I was just saying I fucked up numerous times and I'm trying to work on it myself. 

Report Post Tip
Nah nipsey you're good It was just an opinion and a personal point of view bro. And I can respect that.
Report Post Tip

Yeah man much love and positivity your way bro. 

Report Post Tip
Think Nipsey hit the nail on the head there.
It’s the difference between having a few social drinks/just having one for the hell of it and using it to paper over the cracks of something else.
When do you stop papering cracks and tear down the wall :P
Report Post Tip

The inevitable hangover the next day makes not worthwhile for me. Wasting a whole day sick and miserable just isn't appealing and doesn't help me feel better

Okay so I'm going to answer both of you guys in one message. First off I don't really get hangovers as long as I'm drinking liquor which is all I drink. As far as when I'm going to stop papering over the cracks in the wall and just tear it down. As soon as I can get therapy and actually be able to deal with it.
Report Post Tip
Well since yesterday I have made it 24 hours without upsetting anyone. I have had one of the best days in a long time.
Report Post Tip

As someone with a history of using Alcohol as a crutch to get the bad feelings to go away I'm just going to drop this link here: https://www.helpguide.org/find-help.htm

Its not healthy, and mentally probably isn't helping either. But until you hit rock bottom, nothing I say is going to make a lick of difference. 

But should you need to talk, my inbox is open. 

A year ago a loved one was in the hospital with seizures and insanely high blood pressure from alcohol withdrawal, and at the age of 30.  I'd just echo Jen and say be careful.  A lot of times you don't know the toll alcohol is taking on your body especially when it's a consistent fall back crutch.

Report Post Tip
So I do appreciate the knowledge but I have hit rock bottom multiple times now and I do know what it does I just don't care anymore.
Report Post Tip

I’ve got one of my closest friends going through liver failure at the age of 27, so my best advice is you’re a grown man and you’ll do what you want but moderation is the key. It’s what I always tried telling him, it’s okay to have a drink or two to decompress at the end of a rough day but think of the long term effects overindulging can have on your body. We only get one life so try to appreciate it no matter how rough things get. 

Report Post Tip
So it seems no matter what someone is going through or how hard it is they should just tough it out? Just deal with it? I guess that's fair if I was not supposed to feel this way I wouldn't right? Well that's how it feels to me. No one cares they don't want to hear it or it's just a pity party but hey as long as I appreciate life and live it to the fullest I'm all good.

Either way I am going to end this as I don't want to complain. This was meant to see just what people had to say.
Report Post Tip

I'm just going to say much love and positivity. Whatever demon(s) you are facing, you will conquer them. 

Report Post Tip

I've seen people at their low points around where I live, I feel so bad for them. Yet I get woken in early hours from the drunken arguments 

Report Post Tip

Well I came in here expecting something light hearted and this wasn’t expected.

I love to drink. It’s likely verging on a problem/being a high functioning alcoholic. 

ibe also seen the terrible side of it. Had a mom who got shitfaced every day and died when she was 40. I don’t want to be that person. I solve all my problems sober.

but - I do enjoy a beer or 2 every evening. Even more on a Saturday.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Why not get drunk?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL