Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 07:57:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Craziest or weirdest food you have ever ate? Started by: Nate on May 27, '23 19:23

I recently went on a cruise to Alaska and had some escargo on the boat. It was really good and ended up being what I thought was the best thing I ate while on the boat. I came in a nice garlic sauce that made bite good.

Report Post Tip

My family is Italian and they sometimes make this thing called Onion Pie. It's made with a bunch if Ricotta Forte, which is code for Ricotta that has gone bad. It smells awful and tastes like vomit, but some people seem to love it. Tried it once and not a fan.

Report Post Tip

Tropical fruits. Several of them. Of most I don't even remember the name. They looked and tasted totally weird, it felt like eating something alien.

Report Post Tip

I would have to say either escargo or frogs legs when i was young and had a trip to France. I've ate other things that have seemed strange over the years, but that was certainly the first thing to come to my mind when I read the question, so I guess that must be what I considered the weirdest.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

When I was a kid I would go camping and find these freshwater clams near the shore of the lake that I camped next to. I'm not sure if they were in the same family as the clams you might find in the fresh seafood section of your local market or not (Prince Edward Isle they were not), or even if they were meant to be eaten for that matter, but I would scoop a few up and roast them over the campfire. Down the gullet. They were not tasty, but it seemed like a thing to do.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think the weirdest food I have eaten in order was snake, chocolate cockroaches at a fair and frog legs. Also grew up eating snails.

Report Post Tip
The craziest meal I've ever ate had to have been a meal called Balut, a Filipino dish. Balut is duck eggs, the odd thing about this meal is the egg is partially developed. It tastes similar to chicken but to be honest the meal isn't to tasty or stleast in my opinion.
Report Post Tip

Ha TommyVitale, I came here to say Balut as well. It was interesting, to say the least. I remember the chick was chewy like a gummy bear. I didn't like the little crunch of the bones and the peak though.

Report Post Tip
Ya Sal_Giaquinto I think Balut depends on the age if the bones are chewy or crunchy, the bones and beak I tasted were kinda chewy think it was younger and by younger like probably a couple days. Gotta get them at a good time unless you like the crunch
Report Post Tip

For me it has to be andouillette de troyes which, let us say, is a refined taste. It was a shock, particularly as I hadn't intended to order it.  I looked up what it was after getting home .... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andouillette

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Craziest or weirdest food you have ever ate?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL