Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 12:56:42
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What's the Best Piece of Advice You've Ever Received? Started by: Squid on Aug 16, '23 08:42

My dad once told me: "It's better to regret having done something than to regret never having done it".

These words have encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and take chances. Personally, it's a reminder that sometimes the fear of missing out can be a greater motivator than the fear of failure.

How about you? What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Two Different ones.

If everyone you knew put their problems in a pile you'd take yours back in a heartbeat.

What if it turns out better than you could ever image.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not sure if it's the best piece I've been given but it's surely the first that comes to mind. 

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Learning to "let people go" when a story, a friendship, or something else, doesn't work or goes bad. I used to feel really bad about those stuff, and I'm finally learning to not care that much.

Sometimes you need to do the wrong thing, to know what is the right thing. Accidents and mistakes happen and learning from is what matters more.

It's lower than you think. 

It's better to carry 4 quarters than 100 pennies. The same goes for friends, lose the burden of heavy baggage. 

Don't know when or where I heard it first. But some excellent advise I think,
"Forgive, but don't forget."
Definitely a better take than the "forgive and forget" if you ask me
Report Post Tip

My dad told me that if a MF doesn't put money in your pockets who gives a dam what they think about you.  They provide you nothing but an opinion which dont amount to shit.  Be your own man that you are proud to be.  

Report Post Tip
Life is not fair. It will never be fair. Deal with it. Play the hand you are given, play on the strengths you have. Not everyone can be rich, superstar or scientist nor everyone should be, enjoy life and what you are given. Bye Felicia.
Report Post Tip

To never identify yourself primarily by a job or designation that can be taken from you. Tether your identity to who you are and not what you do. So when something goes wrong, you only lose a job or title, and not yourself.

Treat others the way you wish to be treated. The Golden Rule.

My parents harped on this a lot growing up and after a few decades on this earth I understand why.

Don’t say a word, if you can nod your head. Don’t nod your head if you can shrug your shoulders. Never shrug your shoulders if you don’t have too.

Hence keep your mouth shut. Never let the know how your truly feel.
Report Post Tip

I can't remember who told me this, but it has always stuck with me.

"Will it matter in 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months, or years?" If yes, then consider it a priority, if not, it's not that big of a deal.

So, whoever told me, congrats on making something stick with me. 

Report Post Tip

"Never piss on an electric fence". It was very sage advice, which at a certain time I failed to follow. I then realized how important the advice was, as I was knocked right on my ass with 900 volts shooting right up my pee stream and zapping the little fellow. The next day I woke up and my penis was 12 inches long and as big around as a soup can. It still has not recovered. Text me ladies.

Report Post Tip

Support England 

Report Post Tip
Take care of yourself cause no one else gives a fuck about you.
Report Post Tip
To rate something out of 10 about how important it'll be tomorrow.

Dead easy to get wound up with the small things that'll mean absolutely nothing the morning after and ruin your day. If its a 9 or 10 then it needs dealing with otherwise. Let it gooooo
Report Post Tip

Never piss the people from IT, they can be very imaginative when it comes to being vindictive and turning your life a hell. And stay away from people from personal department, they aren't normal.

Let someone like you. Let yourself like someone. Let yourself like waking up next to her with your morning wood in her ass crack and the smell of the back of her neck and the mockingbirds going. The cool June gloom in the morning. Her hair’s messed up and she wraps around your arm like a baby. She doesn’t quite wake up but shifts a little. Takes a big breath. That’s what we’re here for. You don’t have to impress her. She doesn’t have to impress you. You don’t have to be with her forever. We’re all gonna die. Just be with her now.

Sage words. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What's the Best Piece of Advice You've Ever Received?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL