Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 08:04:54
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
And I thought. Started by: AlphonsoSantorini on Oct 18, '11 15:52

I thought because of the ban list no more member whoring was allowed? At least that's what Prem said. 

To: AlphonsoSantorini
Sent: Oct 18, '11 01:53
Subject:

ok buddy
-------------------------------------
To: EnMiiTY-Jr
Subject:

ehh ill see
Subject:

trust me your personal opinion of a city because of their RL standards mean nothing in this game
you can be apart of Chicago and your crewleader get sent to St. Louis then your force to move to st.louis

you'll eventually have to come here lol
Subject:

I dont like st louis the city i'm sorry
Subject:

well when your ready let me know
our crew leader was a former Godfather so
all you need to learn you can learn from him
Subject:

not really... still looking
Subject:

well with that being said
would you like to join my family and be apart of the st.louis milita lol?
we'll teach you all the needed skills and knowledge you need to know in order to survive
Subject:

sure lol
Subject:

lol ok last question
would you consider your self a loyal trustworthy person?
Subject:

lol i guess so
Subject:

lol are you on your computer often?
Subject:

I don't know... lol
Subject:

would you consider yourself an active player
Subject:

what are your two questions
Subject:

well if you dont mind
may i ask you 2 questions?
Subject:

i've only been here for 10 minutes done 2 crimes lol
Subject:

do you like it so far?
Subject:

nope just checking this place out
Subject:

thats good
Your a returning player im guessing?
Subject:

fine thank you
Subject:

EnMiity Sees Alphonos in a dark alley and decides to speak

Hey there how are ya?

Report Post Tip

Reading this and not being biased here or anything. But I sensed nooooo member-whoring here at all. If you don't mind at what point did Enmiity send you money to join his family. At what point did he force you to join his family with punishment of death if you didn't. 

I think you really need to step up your game here and think of what member-whoring really is. Unless, there was something that happened between the scenes of this convo then I see no member-whoring whatsoever. Ofcourse, that could just be me!  

Report Post Tip

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm willing to accept it.  I'm not sure what member whoring is but I've been reading around and perhaps my definition is different than the definition of everyone's here.  I can accept that.

Report Post Tip

Your definition is spot on, Alphonso; the soliticitation of new members is member whoring.  People died for that no so long ago.  It's rife now.

Report Post Tip

While the attempt to recruit new blood to the family was actually quite a poor one, i don't really see how this can be called seen as member whoring. You've been asked questions and it is not exactly like an invite has been thrown at you without any communication. I am guessing the conversation stopped there but how do you know that if you was genuinely interested in joining St.Louis, you wouldn't have been put through your paces and tested before joining up?

You seem to have been a little rash by sharing this was us. I am sure there are and have myself, encountered many whoring techniques out there that are a whole lot more serious than what you have provided today.

Report Post Tip

I don't see the point in this is. I see no member whoring here what so ever. EnMiiTY has been quite respecful in his approach to you, and am struggling to find at what point you could of took offence at

If your not sure what member whoring is, then I would suggest researching before calling somebody out like this

Report Post Tip

Wel I told him I didn't want to join st. louis and he was still persistent of trying to get me to join...otherwise he was very respectful

Report Post Tip

Yes Emnity was very respectfull in his try to reqruit you. He gave you respect which you clearly were unable to show back to him by coming here and accusing him for member whoring you when you also say that you are not sure what member whoring is.

Report Post Tip

Well I thought I did, but who am I to judge?  You all have been here way longer than I have so I am letting you judge.  Of course those who do call it member whoring probably won't show up in this thread is my guess? 

Report Post Tip

This was a *CLEAR CUT* member whoring attempt.

Ask yourselves this question, when Deimne was in power, would this have been allowed?  No? Ok, it was member whoring.

Report Post Tip

Mr Kuklinski if you don't mind.. Where was the member whoring in the convo between Enmiity and Alphonso? 

Report Post Tip

Sal - the unsolicited offer, the copy & paste approach and the hard sell.

Report Post Tip

This is not member whoring... Eminity was asking questions, conversing with you. Offered you help and when you declined he did not push it... just said ok, buddy... now, why is this member whoring. My bloodline was around when Deimne ruled and even he would'nt of called this member whoring. No invite has been sent and the only flaw i see here is you lying to him loll. Nope... not member whoring... not at all! No threats either... it was a descent conversation. A good example if i may add!

Report Post Tip

Member whoring is extremely difficult to prevent.

The admins want us to approach new players and try to get them interested and thus remain in the game. Therefore, we let our members approach people out of the blue on the off chance that they are new and require assistance with playing the game and determining what to do. I don't believe that we need to do this, but as it is something that admins like for us to do, we do it.

As a result, we have examples of things like this, where someone has approached a potential recruit and tried to get them involved in the game. He tries to ascertain whether this is a new or old player and the responses suggest that he is new, so by following the admins wishes and trying to get this guy in the game, you're suggesting we do what? Kill him? Humiliate him?

I find that a little unfair.

As to your suggest about whether this would be tolerated in Deimne's era, I'm pretty sure it would have been. Legitimate attempts to recruit people were not discouraged fully and I know plenty of examples from my own city at the time of these sort of approaches. I don't like them, but I'm not prepared to potentially hurt the game over it.

What I would like to see, is perhaps a new colour for genuinely new accounts on the list, thus allowing new players to be approached and some sort of standard to be expected from those who aren't.

~C~

Report Post Tip

It was a descent conversation - a descent into member whoring!

Report Post Tip

I think its easy enough to differ between blind member invites and a real conversation.

Sending a blind invite without ever communicating  MEMBER WHORING

Sending a roleplaying message saying Hi and Introducing yourself - NOT MEMBER WHORING

Sending a message, "Join us or die" - MEMBER WHORING

Recommending that a newcommer join a crew, being asked for an invite and sending it - NOT MEMBER WHORING

Sending an invite after your message was ignored - MEMBER WHORING

The devil is in the detais, I think you guys can get the drift.

Report Post Tip

but i said i didn't want to go to st. louis and he still kept trying to get me to go there how is that not whoring?

Report Post Tip

It's called persuasion bro! 

Report Post Tip

he continued to try and sell the city of st. louis. i've done the same. the true clue is, that his was persuasion, not coersion

Report Post Tip

but i said i didn't want to go to st. louis and he still kept trying to get me to go there how is that not whoring?

Did he offer you sex in the back of a van?  What about a quick reach around to join up?  Did you lie to him for no good reason?  yes.  Could you have probably avoided the persistent approach? yes probably.  You could have been upfront with him about not being new, you also could have ignored his mails.  Instead you come to humiliate him.  Get over yourself.  I hate this disgusting approach to stop people from sending mails.  You don't want a mail?  There is a magical delete button on the top of your mobmail screen.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: And I thought.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL