Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 09:33:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
How early is too early to put up your Christmas tree? Started by: Jimmy_Herald on Oct 02, '23 14:38
So I’m sitting here just itching to get into the festive season, as I do love a good a Christmas. Thinking about getting the tree down from out of the loft and setting it up, but also think it maybe abit too early.

How early is too early to put up your Christmas tree?
Report Post Tip

Right now is WAY too early to put up a Christmas tree 

Report Post Tip

You don't decorate for Halloween??? like...omg 

Report Post Tip

My rule is always after Thanksgiving. Unless you have a seasonal tree, which would be halloween, turkeys, and then christmas. Either way, it's gotta be after Thanksgiving. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My neighbors put up their Halloween decorations a month ago and I thought that was weird.  Christmas trees up when it's still 80 degrees F outside is just as weird and I recommend not doing it. 

Unless you live in Florida then go right ahead if that's the case. 

Report Post Tip

Yes.

Report Post Tip
This isn’t the outside forum.
Report Post Tip

Anything before Halloween is to soon. The day after Halloween is kosher in my book. Some people say thanksgiving but they are just wrong.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Eh…. Honestly? I think decorations are a You thing. If you feel it’s the right time to put up decorations then do it. Especially if it’s inside your house. Maybe don’t put the extremely bright musical house lights up until after Thanksgiving…. Or do if you really want to get a rise out of your neighbors! Be sure to check with anyone you share your home with, as it’s good to take their preferences into consideration as well…. But otherwise? You do you! <3
Report Post Tip

I agree with BigEasy, the day after Halloween is gucci!!

Report Post Tip

I have always been a no decorations for Christmas until December kinda guy. If before that it feels too long of a run in to Christmas. Since we dont have thanksgiving, it just feels like months and months of waiting. But you do you. If you wanna have Christmas in July, why not. 

Report Post Tip

I haven't had a Christmas tree in several years. I can't remember the last time I've actually put up decorations for anything honestly. 

Report Post Tip
Any time before 1st December is a crime to humanity and my eye balls, no songs no tinsel no trees until then, then take it down on new years eve. There problem solved.
Report Post Tip

I feel like around December 12 but only if you celebrate 12th Night.  That way it's up about 3 weeks.  Otherwise put them up around the 1st. 

Report Post Tip

I’d say 30th Nov is too early. For choice I’d say the first weekend of December is optimal, so 1-7th, tree can just about stay alive that long

Report Post Tip

Any time before Christmas eve is too early; but practicalities mean it is likely to go up earlier. If buying a real Christmas tree, then buy it early and keep it outside until Christmas Eve, to minimise the needle drop.  Pretty much all Christmas trees are cut in November (or so the shop told us) so it doesn't matter when you buy it

Report Post Tip

I do not think there's such thing as too early when it comes to the Christmas tree otherwise where the hell will Santa leave all the gifts if he comes sooner than anticipated. Also the thing is it's your house your rules and your flat or whatever and this is where you live and you can decide to do whatever you want hell sometimes back at my home when we were too lazy to get rid of the tree but in my defense it was that plastic one because we did not want to kill a real tree just for that it could stay all the way to New Year and then they're like some holidays in January anyway so we would leave it there and you know then you continue and then it's already May and they're like some other holidays and like Freedom day and God knows what all these crazy stuff in Europe and then you kind of just leave it until next Christmas who's going to sue you

Report Post Tip

<font>Pendure sinos e luzes penduradas. Já é tempo de Natal</font>

Report Post Tip

Hang Christmas balls on the city's trees.
Have the stockings ready to receive your gifts

The Christmas atmosphere has already invaded the city, from the rich part to the outskirts, everywhere, decorations and twinkles blink over the good old man. ho ho ho.

Looking at it like this, it doesn't even seem like there are sadness and loneliness out there.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

It's always way too early to put up a Christmas tree until at least Dec 24.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: How early is too early to put up your Christmas tree?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL