Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 13:44:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Plant based foods yay or nay? Started by: SilentAssassin on Oct 05, '23 18:58
It sounds strange that meat mayonnaise and other foods can be made from plant base ingredients. I find some "beyond meat" hamburgers don't taste too bad. What do you think?
Report Post Tip

Yay, nay, or NO WHEY?! 

Report Post Tip

100% No way in Hell would i ever go near Plant based Foods. If you want some steak or a hamburger or whatever meat your in the mood for  eat the real thing not some nock off that God only knows what was used to make these things.

Report Post Tip

I get that I'm a honky redneck.  The answer is most definitely a nay.

I ended a friendship once because they fed me tofu flavoured tacos without telling me it was tofu.

Report Post Tip
It’s nay!

I will say a balanced waney is the answer. If you can go 2/3 days without meat and only eat top quality meat for the rest of the time when you do is the way to go!
Report Post Tip

I've been working on making black bean burgers. While using a recipe you can create a thing that resembles a burger...the texture isn't right in my opinion. Getting it to actually pass as a burger is extremely difficult and something I've yet to master. 

Report Post Tip

Naaaaah. It's not like I've tried a whole lot of plant based stuff, but the idea around some of it seems kind of weird. Like, vegan cheese, fake schnitzler, nuggets, meat, you name it. If someone's gonna make me eat that stuff, they're gonna have to try to convince me that it's the real deal :P

Report Post Tip
Hey if that’s someone’s bag all for it, I mean who really cares at the end of it anyway. Only time I have issues is when people say their plant based choice is the way to go. Who the fuck is anyone to tell anyone else what to eat. Plant based burger or nugs. Go for it. Wouldn’t be anything I tried. When I go for a steak I want a steak when I go for a burger I want a burger.
Report Post Tip

I went through a phase of doing Impossible and Beyond Meat stuff. We grilled it, cooked it in a skillet, it was AMAZING. But then we went back to real meat and tried it again- the honeymoon phase is over. It's a fine substitute but it will always be just a substitute for the real thing.

Report Post Tip
Yuck! I would much rather just eat fresh vegetables than fake meat. If you want to eat plants eat a plant, dont try to disguise it as "meat".
Report Post Tip

I very heavily like both. I love animal meat but if I just have a small craving and/or need something lighter on my stomach the alternatives are really good!

Report Post Tip

Nay

I've tried the plant based foods and I'm not a lover of it. To me it has no taste what so ever . I don't know what it is but I don't like the taste. But each person to their own

Report Post Tip

I'm gonna say nay.  On occasion I will find a decent plant based food, but its rare that any of them taste decent enough to eat. 

Report Post Tip

It really depends on the way it is prepared. I used to go to a high end vegan restaurant and everything was outstanding! I wasn't even a vegan, I just went there because it was close to work and I heard it was really good. And it was. So - give it a try, but get something good. Don't settle for a BK Impossible Burger.

Report Post Tip
I would definitely say Nay!
Of course Trudeau wants us to eat cricket based food.
And to all vegans and vegetarians remember my food poops and pees on yours.
Report Post Tip

Plant based food? You mean vegetables? What is going on here :D

Report Post Tip

Every time I have tried something that was vegetables trying to be something else, it's been more or less awful. Just be yourself veggies.

Report Post Tip
Meat
Report Post Tip

The best carrot cake in the world, or at least that I have ever had, was from a vegan restaurant. I'm not sure what the difference was, since I'm not a baker. No eggs, milk, I assume. Anyhow, whatever they used to make it sure worked. It was rich, moist, and heavy. Delicious.

Report Post Tip
I have tried so many different thing made from plants For the most part I have to say. CRAP. I am not a fan. I love a good cheeseburger with an egg and bacon on top. God made bacon just to make man eat beast.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Plant based foods yay or nay?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL