Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 04:47:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Reading a book or listening to the audio of a book? Started by: Sofeleye on Nov 02, '23 01:13

I like to listen to a book as i fall asleep, i wear glasses so staring at a book too long gives me headaches, and if i am reading I wouldn't be able to drop off to sleep.   So audiobook is a 2 in 1 bonus for me, no eye/headaches, can sleep listening to someones voice via earphones

Report Post Tip

Both, but not going to lie it’s nothing like having a paperback, I love caressing the books, think I’m obsessed but audio hits different too because getting a voice to the characters is pretty dope even though it’s not exact.

Report Post Tip

I have tried audio books and only one has worked for me, the lord of the rings. So I’m on chapter 7 there which I am enjoying. I read a lot of leadership and development books that I enjoy. Currently reading Good to Great and Crucial Conversations. Enjoying those a lot.

Report Post Tip

I've never listened to an audio book. Might try it out when I'm next in the car or something, but I feel like I might not be able to concentrate properly on two things at once. Guess I should just let the wheel go where it will.

Report Post Tip

Prefer listening to books,  i usually do that to fall asleep  LOL

Report Post Tip
It depends really. I would listen to audio books when I worked at the factory once I did my daily YouTube rounds or if my phone was having a hard time connecting to data. But I enjoy a good book to especially when it comes to book series I follow off audio.
Report Post Tip

I actually like both, I have a long commute to work, so a lot of times when I am on an easy to follow book that doesn't need a lot of concentration, I listen to it on the way.

However I love sitting on lazy afternoons with a nice book in my favorite chair that's a whole other vibe.

Report Post Tip

Star Wars: Choices of One (unofficial and unabridged AUDIOBOOK) - YouTube this is good book i like it lot hope you like the book 

Report Post Tip
I definitely love to read books more than hearing them, and podcasts too. Can read for hours and hours, but few minutes of audiobooks make me internally groan. Maybe I just haven’t found something good yet.
Report Post Tip
I prefer to read books instead of audio books, I don’t mind a podcast when I’m driving though. Anyway, right now I’m going through some of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s finest work and reading the infamous Sherlock Holmes :)
Report Post Tip
I can't even remember the last time I read a book. Just no time. I should look into audio books to listen to in the car to and from work.
Report Post Tip

I spend all day reading - mainly on the screen of my work computer - so i don't really read much outside of work. I prefer to watch things on my ipad for leisure, so I don't listen to books either.  :(

Report Post Tip

Since I left the high school in the 70´s i have been trying to read novel, sci-fi, fiction but it all ends in "I can not read it". If it is a book about story in history, books about knowledge, that works for me. Reason to my not-liking reading lies in the teacher who taught me about my native language. We had to analyse 6 books every year. Remember several of the books "All Quiet on the Western front", "The Dwarf", "lord of the flies", etc etc. These books where in those very heavy deep.

Report Post Tip

Star Wars: Choices of One (unofficial and unabridged AUDIOBOOK) - YouTube this is good book hope you like the book have fun

Report Post Tip

I'm trying to listen to the audiobook of game of thrones right now. I really enjoyed the TV series but the book is so dry. I'm not entirely sure I'm going to make it

Report Post Tip

I used to love reading and I still do when I am truly in the mood for it, however, in the recent years I haven't been able to finish reading the books I started... So I guess listening to their audiobook versions would be better as I listen to podcasts sometimes...

Report Post Tip
Definatly prefer audiobooks.

Reading books is terrible for my eyes, probably due to ignoring my need for reading glasses.
Never the less, audiobooks solves that problem.
Report Post Tip
I really like both for different reasons.

There’s nothing more relaxing than curling up in the cold weather months with a blanket and some coffee or tea and reading a good book and just getting lost in the story. Ugh, so nice.

And of course the audio books for when I’m going on walks or doing something else on the computer like work or writing.
Report Post Tip

Reading a book, of course. Call me old fashioned if you want but for me, an essential part of reading is having the book in my hands. 

I don't even like Kindles and that kind of thing, let alone audiobooks.
Report Post Tip

This is a tough one. I am weird because I was an English Major. But, a fun fact, I HATE reading lol. So I mean, I would prefer an audio book for sure. So weird I went from reading Beawulf after hours at school to despising to read... But oh well. Yeah I am weird I guess.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Reading a book or listening to the audio of a book?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL