Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Auth - Do you even want it Started by: Numbers4Glory on May 13, '08 18:11
This is an old topic, one that has been around since whoever first took power decided that you needed permission to run your own organization.

I think it needs clarifying however just what you need to do to get auth. We have our requirements and unlike leaders of the recent past, we have expectations.

Right now I look around and I am actually unaware who wants to run their own organization, except for those who actually approached me and spelled it out. The pinnacle of our profession is to be given the nod to wear your own colours and yet I'm at a loss to name candidates.

This is primarily because nobody bothers to make the effort anymore. Certain individuals feel they deserve auth merely by having the rank. Others feel it is satisfactory to devote yourself to one tiny aspect and that gives you the right to lead.

It does not.

There was a time when the streets had many a prospective candidate vying for the honour. This just isn't the case anymore. We as a community have been to blame for that. We accepted auths for people who had not earned them. The experience of leadership had been horribly cheapened and the precedent was set.

I hope this has and will continue to change. I look about the cities and feel we have capable individuals at the helm of their respective organizations. Yet, I would like to add to this elite group.

I would have thought however, given that the CP reign is so terrible, that running your own family would be a direct route out from beneath us. Why are you not taking this?

I look to my own members and I'm sure some of them have dreams of leadership. I look through the rosters of my fellow organizations and again I'm sure people are probably complaining that they have been overlooked for auth. But stop please and ask yourself, what have you done to deserve it?

Whilst it is easy to blame CP for stifling and overlooking you, perhaps you would have more success if you considered your complete lack of effort to make your desire happen.

It appears to me that people have merely assumed they will not be considered for their own organization and have not bothered as a result. Pay close attention to what I am about to tell you:

If you make the effort, I will auth you. If you are not in my organization, I will approach your leader on your behalf and put in a good word for you.

I have been disgusted with the situation we were subjected to, where people have to be approached regarding running their own crew, having them refuse, considering someone else, discussing it with them and rinse repeat.

Why the fuck should I need to thoroughly search for a new organization? You should be biting my hand off for this chance. If you hate us, great here is your chance to do your own thing. If you love us, great join us at the top. It is fun.

Instead of pointing the finger and blowing your hot air about being passed over, demonstrate to me you deserve it. If you do this I will champion your cause.

- Creativity

- Hard work

- Talent

- Loyalty

These are my requirements for auth. I don't see an extensive list here. Until someone demonstrates these characteristics I will not be authing a soul and I urge my fellow leaders to do the same.

The age of slacking and complaining is over. If you can do this better than me, time to put the work in and show you deserve it. Note I haven't even put street presence in there, although I certainly appreciate.

Not so long ago a God approached us and let us know that he could divinely attract suitable candidates to a life of organized crime in our world, provided we had enough housing for them. I intend to take him up on that offer.

If I am indeed ruining this world and I'm pretty much wondering how people have reached this conclusion, it will no longer be said that it will be as a result of 'passing worthy people over'.

In case you're afraid this is my ploy to get rid of you, and hey, that is a legitimate fear, I'd like to point out the period of stability between the leaders. No wars have ensued despite increasing numbers of non-CP members donning the bold suit.

In fact, you'll probably note that no auth made by the current leaders has been killed by them. This is a great period of peace and prosperity on our streets. Where, therefore is the problem? Are we not being tyrannical enough like the UN where we auth just to kill? Is this how we are ruining the world? Should I set more crews up with a view to killing them in two weeks like Ganelon did?

I think we all know what you answer to those questions are, so I'll leave you with this;

We need capable people at the helm. New mobsters need to be shown what we are about, not told of our recruiting drive. This is the mafia. At the moment, I do not see anyone making the effort to deserve to have the honour of educating and leading these people.

Note: Even if you are one of the consistent failures who tend to complain in #divinelunacy, I wouldn't even rule you out of this opportunity. Although (standard Jerusalem and William the Tank jest) your lack of ability pretty much does that anyway.
Report Post Tip
Do I want it? Do I fuck as like, I'll end up bloody dead.

Seriously though, glad to see a solution to the problem is being sought rather than making a series of kneejerk auths. Is that actual leadership and responsibility at work?

I rather think it is.
Report Post Tip
I think I'm using up the luck for both of us at the moment. Something is clearly not right that I've survived this long.
Report Post Tip
I agree completely with what you have stated in here N4G. But my only question being Creativity... I find it hard to be creative, I find it hard for anybody to be creative.

Even when someone comes out with a lottery, speech or discussion that seems to get the whole community involved it has already been said before.. I mean you said it yourself this very speech you have given has been used since the very beginning. So where is there the space for outstanding creativity. Every bar, restaurant, business, speech, lottery, contest etc. has been said or done before one way or another, maybe not word for word but you get the picture....

I only seek clarification as to what kind of creativity you are speaking of...

Adding your own personal touch to something? or coming up with something new, because the latter is only getting harder and harder...
Report Post Tip
I think there is a big difference between being creative and being blindingly original though.

No-one is asking for something never seen before, though I'm sure it would be welcome....but a little bit of thought put into a piece of work wouldn't go amisss these days...
Report Post Tip
Looks at his map..slowly moving both eyes from Los Angeles to New York.. admiring all the distance and population and business

Getting a family.. a touchy subject our world is based off and a position that nearly every mobster wants to achieve in his few days he has alive. We all has seen the different types of leaders in these streets and we all make our own opinions about them and their actions both in the street and in the Family.

What does it take to be a leader? If you cannot comprehend the complex nature of this then you are not ready to be a Leader of a Crimianl Organization. First you must be able to realize your priorities will change drastically the moment you get a family and understand the way our business works - both the in's and the out's.

Make yourself known to your leader and work your way up - it might take a while but the feeling of having your own family and your own destiny is like no other feeling.

Starts to mumble about intelligence, cash, respect, friends and a view..

Ever ran a subcrew? You think you can lead people? Can you punish someone in the mafia tradition while not being too harsh to scare them away from our world? You like mobmail kid'?

Just make sure you know what you are getting into when you build that new building..as your family depends on it.

I wish those of you who are interested in having a family good luck and remember.. we are in the mafia - do what a mafioso should do and you might just make it.
Report Post Tip
I think one of the reasons noone wants auth right now is because you'll just shoot em. :(
Report Post Tip
That's one of the risks... and actual excitements of actually running your own family.

You see, it's a good feeling, being responsible for the well-being and growth of a group of people. Many of them have their own ambitions and desires, yet their purpose is unified under your banner. Their talents are delegated.

And as a familyhead, N4G himself has to look after his own interests and those of his people. Should a hopeful prospect prove too ambitious for the walls of their own respective city... well, you know the rest of the tale.

As far originality vs creativity. Really, it's all about running with a concept and accomplishing it. I always like to break the norm, and establish a new norm.

Blah blah blah.
Report Post Tip
I am certainly one to take the bull by the horns although I am to young at this point to make an attempt at an application.

Given the right amount of time to prove to my Boss and anyone else who may wish to take a ride with the Bull I would love to have my own Family. I can only hope the openings are still there when my time does arrive.
Report Post Tip
Well, not that I am one to talk, being pretty lowly myself, but it seems we already have enough auths. There are many families that still have plenty of room, and I find myself talking to players that have been playing a long time.

Maybe people think that we have enough leaders for now, and this is why they are not seeking auth. I do not think it has much to do with the fact that they do not want it, but maybe that they do not think they will get it because there are not many chances left unless someone dies (which I hope no one does).

Just my two cents.
Report Post Tip
Well How I see it,Maddison is right we have enough leaders as in for per based City. And quite frankly, I don't mind it this way if you have 3 Auths for one city well you know whats gonna happen. Family wars, gang wars and shit like that.

And with 3 to 4 Family's in one city hell your NOT safe anymore. Thats my 2 cents

Walks away puffing a cigar
Report Post Tip
Ah the vaunted position of auth, this a great and glorious achievement who would not want it. After all the bright lights, the fancy suits, the animals in that hidden dungeon you've always wondered about.

Think of it as a prize and to get a prize you need points and to get points you need to do more than just sit on your arse twiddling your thumbs!!!! I've always been a firm believer in you get what you work for, hand outs are not the way forward. This is a good step, while there are many who have the rank who out them puts in the effort to be noticed? That is the key!

Now if you'll excuse me I have a convention to attend on the abolition of duck hunting! Good day to you all.
Report Post Tip
I could be quoted on debates gone by, stating that "I have no intention of leading" and at the time, it was true. However, I have been fortunate enough to join the mighty bighead as RHM and can honestly say, I love it.

When I kill bighead, I mean, should something happen to bighead, my son will most definitely be looking for auth. I suspect from this speech there will be allot of candidates but I will still apply! I've heard some say, "it's not worth it" or "Theres too many leaders already", if that's what you think, if you think you've not got it in you to be better than those that have applied or those that lead, you'll probably get turned down anyway, in my eyes, a leader must be positive and ambitious (though ambition must be realistic!).
Report Post Tip
N4G, I think you bring up a very good discussion, and I'm glad someone has finally talked about it. I think that there are many of us who dream of bigger things in this life. But from past experience, at least for me, it was looked down upon to even ask for auth. So that I'm sure has deterred some people from even thinking about it. But as you said, if no one asks, how are you to know who is interested. And there are many of us, who have a lot of experience with important positions, but have never been given a chance to do anything more.

It is also something that should definitely be earned, not just asked for. You must prove yourself in your family, before you can prove yourself to the mafia community. But your speech has given us many great tips on what to work on, and how to go about it.

I am just curious how other feel about this, especially the current leaders. For those of us who aspire to be more, whether is be a leader, or some high up position, how do we go about it. Is it okay to let your leader know of your goals, and ask for it? Or do you just sit there quietly, hoping that someone notices you.
Report Post Tip
Can I have Auth please? I will kiss your arse, do whatever you say, and have CP tattoed on my forehead, arse and cock.
Report Post Tip
I much like the rest, will thank N4G for bringing this issue out in the open, Authirization is a gift, a tool to make the World better, and I am not speaking for my self when i say it is one of the biggest goals in life (mafia), to be able to run your organization, in which has been mine and many of the mafioso's dreams, since we began.

I also agree with you N4G that you cannot know if they don't ask, i think many are scared if they do ask,but I believe you shouldn't be asking if u haven't met the requirements which Numbers stated earlier, but you should ask for it if you have met the requirements , does that mean you will get it for sure no, but it shows the world that you have ambition and as Jade said want to go on to bigger things, N4G is right this is a chance to show our bosses that we have some ambition and want to move up in this world, some of you will not take it, I know that I will do my best to reach the requirements that N4G has laid out.

thank you for your time

TM_SCARFACE
Report Post Tip
To be completely honest, I have had dreams of running my own organization since the day I stepped into this life of crime. My bloodline has done it before, and I would love to live in their footsteps.

I realize I haven't done much to deserve auth to run a crime mob, but with this speech by Numbers, it has definately kicked me in the ass and makes me want to try even harder to deserve to wear the desired bold suit.

Just wait everyone you will be seeing my face around these streets a lot more now, and I won't be hiding under my rock...except for a few select females. ;)

Thank you for the kick in the ass Numbers.
Report Post Tip
I think it is everyones dream and if it isnt well there not normal beause i have dreamed of being a crewleader since the day i found myself in this life of crime. Sometimes i think O if I had my own family i would be a good Crew leader, i would do this an that. I really hope one day i will acheive my goal in life and become a well known Boss and everyone thinks of me as a legend.

:)

I do try my best and try and earn as much as i can, and get around our world to get to know all kind of people and i want to learn more,i just dont think i would have the nerves to say may i have your auth to start my own family, i think it is disrespectful to you leader. I really think it is upto who he choices.

Thank you for listening
Report Post Tip
I very much want auth, i think everyone does. At this moment i have not done a great amount to warrant it, but when i start ranking i will take more responsiblilities and show my worth.
Report Post Tip
Dabu caught word of Numbers4Glory making a speech. He quickly jumped in his car to catch Numbers4Glory before he had finished. Just as he had thought, Dabu found a large crowd gathered at Numbers4Glory's usual spot. He park his car two blocks away and ran vigorously towards the crowd.

As he pushed his way to the front he noticed that he had missed Numbers4Glory but from what he had overheard from the others he assumed he had a good idea of what Numbers4Glory had said, He felt like he had even been their for it. Dabu kicked a rock from under his feat. He was frustrated that he had missed a man that he had admired for so long. He wondered what he would have said to Numbers4Glory if he did get a chance to speak with him.

The idea of meeting Numbers4Glory was racing in his mind. He decided to sit in his car for a while and ponder what he would have said to Numbers4Glory given the chance.

I have always had faith in you Numbers4Glory. You are the only person I have ever served under. Eyzlee took me in when I was just a thug stealing purses. She showed me the ropes and told me if I kept at it I could become like you. She told me I have potential and that I remind her of you. I've never really understood what she was getting at but now I do. She realized that I, just like you are a kind and honorable person. We both have good heads on our shoulders and want to see our familys do well.

With this said, I think your goals are the same as those who have actually listened to what you said. We all want what is best for our familys. We all want to make as much money as we can. We all want the most respect we can get. How we achieve these goals can very greatly. Everyone has good qualities as well as bad. Personally I believe that it is possible to make up for a lack of presence in the streets with hard work within the family headquarters.

So, is it possible that a person can go unseen by 90% of people, work extremely hard for their family, achieve a high position within this family, then die in a war without the opportunity to start their own family only to feel "looked-over"?

I think so.

I think it is easy to say you don't notice people putting in the efforts to become a family leader but you aren't the leader of every family. You don't notice what is going on everyday within each family. There are people that work very hard behind the scenes for their family leaders because they are family. They stay with that family until they die.

These people have more honor than using a family to achieve something. They belong to their family because they care for each other.

To these people the only time you should set up your own HQ is if your family head dies. Then and only then you set up to protect your family members. Not to achieve the "status" of being a family head. To these people who actually care about their family members it is more then just a title or position, it is a loyalty that cannot be broken.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Auth - Do you even want it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL