Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 06:49:29
Page:  1 
Do you Read? Or do you prefer a good audio book? Started by: NiBiRU on Dec 14, '23 02:16
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I still read books but to be honest I thought with invent of kindle readers and internet books would stop being manually published

I don't usually do audio books. I have nothing against them I've just never really got into it. I did listen to an author read a short story from his new book the other day. It was an unbelievably well written about a potcheen maker in Ireland. The story absolutely consumed my senses and I was totally immersed for the entire reading. Lovely experience and I've no doubt a much better reading of the poetry than I could have managed myself.

Report Post Tip
Reading well I don't like it.

I can't sit long enough to read one chapter of most any book. I simply fall asleep, guess I'm tired alot.

I only read when I have to do it for work or school. To me I like doing what others read about.

I guess you could say I'm the kind of person author's write about.
Definitely read over Audio Book, a long drive and I can listen to an audio books, but if I'm at home and want to have a read, a book all day.
Report Post Tip

If anyone can give their input regarding the audio books.

I always have the feeling if I start listening to them that my brain will go on auto-pilot and after 2 hours I will be like "Wait, what the heck is this book about?"

Is it just me or audio books have that issue? I love reading, but my patience is low so I can read a chapter and them go crazy

Report Post Tip
I haven't listened to any audio books, I might have to give it a try. I do like reading when time allows, which isn't all that often lol
Report Post Tip
Both. I have always preferred to read. But I do alot of driving and have taken a like to audio books. Just finished 5 love languages
Great book
Report Post Tip

I prefer a book that you can hold in your hands. If that isn't available than an e-book. If that isn't available, then I wait.

I cannot do audio books as I will get distracted a lot and forget what it was I heard or was listening to from time to time.

Report Post Tip
Audio books remind me of the children's books you would read along to a record player
Report Post Tip
I love reading. But I'm a one trick pony. I only ever read the Jack Raacher series by Lee Child. Read all 29 of them now!

Tried listening to an audio book of it last year but couldn't stand the narrator's voice!!
Report Post Tip

My eyes strain easy so as much as i like a good book to read, means putting on the glasses, adjusting to glasses, reading then re-adjusting after taking glasses off.    Where audiobook can just lie in bed, let the audio book play, and be doing something more productive as i listen.   So i choose audiobooks 

Report Post Tip
I take a lot of walks with my dog so I have hours each day to listen to things. My go to right now is Brandon Sanderson's audiobooks. Lots to love there and so much to explore. As long as I don't have too many distractions, I'm able to pickup most of the dialogue and plot. I do miss the smell of a library and pages of a book, though.
Report Post Tip

Ohhhh I do like a good book, but for me they are difficult to find and i prefer free ones.

if using my phone, i dont wanna have to watch a bunch of ads to get to the next chapter, i find that ish annoying as heck.

i did like reading the alchemist, that would have been the last actual book i did read.

the divergent series were alright too.

im kinda stuck reading about werewolves and alpha series at the moment tho. (goodness only know why tho ) 

Report Post Tip

I really prefer to read the book instead to listen. I'm being little lazy lately, used to read almost everyday now only at weekends.

Report Post Tip

Ease of an audio book without the stress of turning the page is also a great alternative. It does lose that classic reading a book experience and the self-gratification of finishing a book.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Do you Read? Or do you prefer a good audio book?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL