Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 22:23:33
News & Announcements
11 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Wack System Modification Jan 12th Cut-off Started by: Squishy on Jan 11, '24 23:19

We have some changes coming to the wack system.  In order for it to be fair for everyone, it is being introduced into a hybrid style fashion until everyone has created a new account under the new system.

Any account born on or after Jan 12th, 2024, will be using the new system when shooting at another person born on/after Jan 12th.

Any account involved in a wack where 1+ party is from before Jan 12th, then both parties will use the old system (the current system)

A quick summary of how the new wack system works: (Subject to change, its currently being evaluated now and will go through many adjustments before it's live)

Your skills, like real life, stay sharp with practice.  The longer you go without regular practice, the more rusty you become.  All wacks gained by RATs/Rogues/Roguettes/BGs/Wacks deteriorate after 120 days have passed since the action until they go away.  (In simplistic terms, your gun, without any bonuses, is the work you've done in the past rolling 120 days)

Distance is being altered.

Tapering is being removed.

BGs cap is being altered.

Named BGs skills will add additional protection.

Special Events +'s/Hustle Points to Marksmanship/Shooting Range add to your bonus, and is not changed after 120 days.

Killing -1's and -10s also deteriorate (or is it appreciate in the case of a negative?) starting at the 120 day point until they go away.

==============

Here is a quick visual to get a better feel

Day 1 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 10 kills, +1 from hustle)

Day 2 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 20 kills, +2 from hustle)

Day 3 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 30 kills, +3 from hustle)

Day 4 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 40 kills, +4 from hustle)

Day 37 (10 kills, 1 from hustle, 20 from event) (total 370 kills,  +37 from hustle +20 event)

Day 120 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 1200 kills, 120 from hustle, 20 from event)

Day 121 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (day 1 is older than 120 days, it falls off) (total 1200 kills, + 121 from hustle + 20 from event)

Day 122 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (day 2 is older than 120 days, it falls off) (total 1200 kills, + 122 from hustle + 20 from event)

==============

A multi user wack system is also being explored, with more information to follow once I can get it balanced and fair.

Report Post Tips: 17 / Total: $340,000 Tip

Would it be possible to add a "Only show last 120 days" option to the bookkeeper statistics to allow for easier viewing/calculation?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I'll do what I can to make it easy to keep tabs, but until everyone is on the new, youll have to keep two numbers in mind, your wack under old, and your wack under new, until such time that everyone that you shoot at is under the new system, then you only need to worry about the new.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Squishy - purely out of curiosity, was there anything in particular that brought this on?

Also... *superbowl* *Squares* you-know-you-want-to Squishy you know you dooooo.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Day 37 (10 kills, 1 from hustle, 20 from event) (total 370 kills,  +37 from hustle +20 event)

Day 120 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 1200 kills, 120 from hustle)

Day 121 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (day 1 is older than 120 days, it falls off) (total 1200 kills, + 121 from hustle + 20 from event)

Wouldn't Day 120 be

Day 120 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 1200 kills + 120 from hustle +20 event)

Report Post Tip

Day 120 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 1200 kills, 120 from hustle)

Wouldn't Day 120 be

Day 120 (10 kills, 1 from hustle) (total 1200 kills + 120 from hustle +20 event)

Yes 

Report Post Tip
ONCE UPON A TIME, ONCE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT ONCE, ONLY ONCE
Report Post Tip

Any chance on some clarity regarding distance changes?

But overall I think this is an excellent change to give a shot.

Report Post Tip

Will there be a zero lower bound? E.g. if your start-up roll was something that meant you start without an unmaxed gun 

Person A - pure wack - 1200 gun, day 125 shoots 10 again, still 1200 gun

Person B - took five days to max their gun - 1200 gun, day 125 shoots 10 again, but has the -50 dropped off and so they are 1,150?

Report Post Tip
Sounds like really interesting changes on the way, I’m looking forward to seeing how it all pans out. Is there a particular reason behind the change? Or was it just time for something new, squishy?
Report Post Tip
If I'm understanding this correctly; cracking change. 100% for this. Account length is far too long as it is. Its a good change and brings a different dynamic and should stop a single regime holding on for longer than they should
Report Post Tip

Excellent change! And exploring multi user is exciting. I foresee these changes having a positive impact. Thanks! 

Report Post Tip

I'm on mobile and will come back to this later. But I think there's a way to look at this as unintentional tapering for slow builders. Gone will be the days of taking 180+ days to build a 1K gun. This essentially makes me and other mid level, casual players, permanent proer.  I'm aware that realistically that's the role I play anyway due to the amount of time I play, but there have been a few times I've been able to get 1K+ guns due to character age. I just think that in general, it sets the level of entry to be a shooter much higher.

I'm interested in hearing the multi shot feature that would help me feel better about this change. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Any chance on some clarity regarding distance changes?

The distance math is being reduced to keep in line with the new wack math.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I barely keep track of my gun as it is. 

Can we please have a thing that just states what our gun is post-max? 

Because as it is I maybe once every 2 months update my spreadsheet. If I have to start going "Oh Im over 120 days, time to start subtracting..." I can barely be arsed to add. 

I mean feel free to say no, I already don't bother filling out shot reports lol But I'm putting it out there for people who do and are also as lazy as me. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Georgette, have you looked at the bookeeper that shows you exactly how many kills, misses, wackbacks, bg wounds and kills you have?

It will show that for grand total, and rolling 120.

Report Post Tip

Georgette probably has the biggest gun on here, always playing it down. Don't be negative ALL the time

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

nice

Report Post Tip

Okay question - if there's only one person left alive from before that date, how would tapering for them work? Would they be considered #1 no matter the size of their gun because they're the only one in tapering?

For example (to be clearer) - JoeBloggs started Jan 11th, trains his gun at a mid pace and is sitting at 1k (enough to be considered for tapering). Everyone else in the game born before the cutoff now dies. Would he be considered #1 at every bracket of tapering that he reaches just because he'll be the only person being tapered and therefore be getting a tiny return on his gains even though he may well be the 50th biggest gun in the game in reality? Or?

And also, if there are two people left, three, etc.. 

Report Post Tip
Tapering is based upon a percentage of the top wackers. The percentage of just one person rounds to zero, they would not be a tapering.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Wack System Modification Jan 12th Cut-off
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL