Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 11:58:35
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Coming Soon- Corrupt FBN Agents Started by: Kendra on Nov 19, '11 18:02

Crooked Cops is a long time idea the staff has had, and one we are excited to bring to you, the players. This feature is currently being tested. At the end of the testing period the feature will immediately go live.

The United States Department of the Treasury has passed an act establishing the The Federal Bureau Of Narcotics. The FBN is tasked with working with local law enforcement to aid in war on Narcotics.

With great power comes great responsibility. Great responsibility, however is easily corrupted when properly motivated by ill-gotten means. For the right price, you can land one of these Agents on your payroll to do your dirty work.

Once an Agent accepts your bribe, you have him by the balls. You will get your share of the spoils every time he can get his grubby little fingers on some extra product for you. The longer he is with his agency, the more product he will have access to. When he hears word that you have been arrested, he will attempt pull every string to get you off the hook, even your immediate family will gain from the occasional favor if he is around to grant it.

The clock is ticking, you have 31 days to pull as much profit and use as many favors as you can. Choose when to sell your stockpile of drugs wisely, for people who pay close attention to the market and react quickly will benefit the most from the narrow windows of opportunity.

All good things must come to an end however. The FBN has a series of checks and balances to keep corruption at bay. Their monthly review of the books will eventually expose the corruption and result in a disgraceful firing of their dirty agents. While it is not common practice because of the risks associated with it, some people may arrange an "accident". Dead men tell no tales.

Until such time as being exposed as a corrupted agent, all agents have each others backs. Always having their finger on the pulse of the community, they keep in touch with the dark secrets that happen behind closed doors. If one hears of a stranger from another city jeopardizing the life of one of their own, an entire city of agents will dedicate an entire day to lay down some street justice. If they find out someone from their own city is a threat, some look the other way, but the close friends will always react. If they find out that it is their own friend that is the threat, they stay the hell out of it.

Report Post Tip

This is brilliant! I love this change!

I can not wait to see it live! Well Done

Report Post Tip

This is a really good idea, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out.

Report Post Tip

This is going to be one of my favorite Changes in game, I highly look foward to the change. And i like the idea of the fact that it is a Crooked Agent.

Report Post Tip

This sounds really good. Can't wait to see this applied in the game. 

Another win for the admins. ;D 

Report Post Tip

i will hold my thoughts on them till i see them in action

Report Post Tip

As I've been led to understand on irc, 'Crooked cops' will be purchasble for credits. This being the case, I assume a more forthcoming explanation will be made once these be made once this feature is actually live?

Report Post Tip

I appreciate the work the staff has done here to address users' concerns about the RPing of NPMs. I'm eager to see how this feature plays out and other users' responses to it.

Report Post Tip

As others have said and will say after me, good idea.  But how long will the testing peroid be?  Is there a guestimate at least?

Report Post Tip

I like this feature for the sole reason that anyone can bribe them. This feature isn't limited to crewleaders, which I think will allow for a much nicer welcoming from the userbase.

Report Post Tip

Ok so where do you go to get them? I see others with them but I cant find out where to buy them.

Report Post Tip

Why have so many people said things like:

1. "This is brilliant! I love this change!"
  2. This is going to be one of my favorite Changes in game"
  3. "Another win for the admins"

When essentialy, we dont know anything about what they do, bar hearsay from IRC? It is a bit like Apple announcing a new product, and all the iGEEKS getting exciting saying its amazing, yet do not know what the product is, what it will do, etc, etc.

I will reserve my judgement until he go's live, but what will stop the GF Council banning anyone from having them?

Report Post Tip

New York will be banning this feature from being used.....

I kid I kid, I will be watching this new feature with a keen eye and actually give it time to see how it will effect the game play overall rather than jumping to conclusions. It definitely works better RP wise than NPMs.

Report Post Tip

but what will stop the GF Council banning anyone from having them?

As a couple of folk have made this remark in a joking manner. I'd like to state right here and now there is no intention to ban these Officers.

We all appreciate the hard work that the Admins do and the previous NPM was never a personal attack on the Admins, blanket banning these Officers for the sake of it would be very chidlish.

I am eager to see how things work with them around and like most others I am excited with the potential they have.

Also.. this is purely my stance on this, I don't speak on behalf of all the Godfathers, though I'm unaware of any of the other City Heads having an issue with these Officers.

Report Post Tip

If they continue to wack when attacked....depending on their gun...good way to get a pro wacker possibly

Report Post Tip

Their shots will not offer protection from players, only from other officers I believe

Report Post Tip

I will not be testing that Theroy haha feel free to test it and get back to us on that.

Report Post Tip

I believe they do offer protection, It seems to from what ive heard. not 100% sure though lol.

Report Post Tip

From a RP standpoint, I don't see why a missed shot from a CA would be any different from a missed shot coming from anyone else. This is all speculation but I've always assumed that every shot, regardless of the wack stat of the shooter (actual player, Durden, and now CAs), has at least the same 1% chance of landing on the person. In the case of the CAs, it's possible that more than one shooter will be attempting to shoot, thus increasing the likelihood of that 1% risk. Therefore, I think that the four hours of protection would be nice to have.

Report Post Tip

However, it could and would be abused in a time of war. I am all for new features and things to play with, but ones that could be used and abused by the players to get one over on the competition in war time would just be annoying and cause even longer and tiring wars.

Although I see what you're saying from an RP stand point etc but go deeper in to RP and think... If someone shot at me in the real world would that really mean no one could shoot at me again for four hours? Some realism has to be sacrificed to make the game playable.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Coming Soon- Corrupt FBN Agents
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL