Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A shot in the dark in Sin City Started by: Althalus on Nov 24, '11 18:26

It wasn't long after Althalus had landed in Las Vegas and completed his business that he decided to take a stroll along the strip, he'd heard much about it so wanted to see for himself what all the fuss was about. It wasn't long into his stroll he heard a gunshot close by, his bodyguard pushed him to the floor and it was only then Althalus realized the shot was aimed at him.

Bloody hell, that was close. Did you get a look at the shooter?

His bodyguard shook his head, still primed waiting for another attack

Calm yourself man, I'm fine for a while now.

Just then a kid came running up and handed Althalus a note, he read it quickly and the shot began to make sense. See his own father had taken a shot and missed but not long after his intended victim died in a different attack. It seems the shooter had been the offspring of his fathers intended victim.

Well this does make for a rather interesting situation.

Knowing that he was safe, Althalus sent a message back and waited for a reply. But it never came, seems someone else must have known about the shot or witnessed it as the shooter now lay dead. Althalus made his way to the cemetery to pay his respects to the fallen, the shooter was dead as far as Althalus was concerned the matter was closed. However as he was leaving he overheard the acting godfather of LV saying some last words to the fallen.

Feel better? Get it all out did ya? Guess those stealth answers need work...

Rip

He walked away intrigued by this, it was almost as if the acting godfather of LV was aware of what may happen, maybe it was paranoia from being shot at, or maybe there was something else to it. All he knew was that once his flight was due to depart he'd leave LV and not return for quite sometime, this city just didn't feel safe now.

Report Post Tip

High Society after kicking the lifeliess corpse twice, caught up with Althalus.

I assure you my good man. I did not know before hand. It was more a snide remark toward the fallen for his hanus crime. If he had not been dropped, i would have dropped him myself. That much is certain. I told the world i want to build something here, not tear it down. And i meant it. Here's some money for therapy. Getting shot at is no laughing matter.  Let me know if you need anythintg else.

High Society then disappears into the night 

Report Post Tip

Snide remarks in a funeral. My, That really is a good way of setting an example for a city that you are trying to grow.

Report Post Tip

I'd be interested how you knew of YouLoveUs's heinous crime HighSociety; considering no one witnessed the attempt, YouLoveUs died less than 10 minutes after it took place, and to my knowledge (a thousand apologies if I am wrong) the only person Althalus informed was was his Boss.

If events are as I've described them; how did you come to learn of YouLoveUs' actions so quickly?

Report Post Tip

A good setting of example is swiftly dealing with those who would see harm to our fair city be it foreign, or domestic. My example setting needs no lesson here.

He sealed his own fate. May his son learn from his mistakes...

Report Post Tip

watches the acting godfather kick the corpse and sighs

While that man did try and kill me, I can't see why you feel the need to kick his corpse. The disrespect he showed me in life left with his death and I hold no ill will towards his body or offspring.

turns to find High Society gone

Ah well, my paranoia remains. Although the money was not necessary I'll make sure it goes to good use. It'll be a long time before you find in Las Vegas again though, considering what's been going on in the streets with mixed messages and now this. I think I'll give it a wide berth for the time being.

Report Post Tip

Nov 24, '11 17:29:23 You witnessed ysloveuuo attempt to WACK! Althalus

I witnessed the attempt myself, Sprozz. Thats how. I was on his whack screen when he dropped cold

Report Post Tip

You would be correct Sprozza, the only person I spoke to about this was our glorious boss.

Report Post Tip

must be something in the water over in LV staying clear is best for now. no outside interference but they are gunho with grudges? 

his son better learn

Report Post Tip

I don't argue with anything you say there. Except your example setting is piss poor at best.

Funerals are not disrespected. It's been a rule on these shores for years and years. Dealing swiftly with those who disrespect you and others. Fine. To walk into a funeral and in front of his family disrespect him. Horrendous for a leader and unforgivable in my eyes. Especially for a growing city and family. I hope you learn from your mistakes.

Report Post Tip

I am much mistaken, I previously assumed such attempts where the victim could not make out the assailant also meant potential witnesses would also not be able to see the identity of the attacker. In this I am clearly incorrect, you have my apologies.

Report Post Tip

Apology well received. I can understand the question.

Report Post Tip

[13:58] mafia2252: Mr Society [13:59] High_Society: Yes [13:59] High_Society: I am Mr Society [13:59] mafia2252: This is a private conversation, if the details are made public, I will expose you [13:59] mafia2252: I am YouLoveUs [13:59] High_Society: Expose me for what? [13:59] High_Society: lol [13:59] mafia2252: breaking omerta [13:59] mafia2252: And a lot of danger [13:59] mafia2252: Anyway [13:59] High_Society: I digresss [13:59] High_Society: lol [13:59] High_Society: Yes, how can i help you ? [13:59] mafia2252: you are under an intense amount of suspicion for harbouring a rogue [13:59] High_Society: Yup [13:59] mafia2252: I have been approached by several gunhappy types [14:00] High_Society: That happens [14:00] mafia2252: I can help you out [14:00] mafia2252: do you want my help? [14:00] High_Society: So... to be clear [14:00] High_Society: I didnt know before hand, what you were planning... You know that and i know that, and thought these are both truths, people still asume it was me? [14:00] mafia2252: to be clear, I can get the attack dogs chilled out [14:01] mafia2252: we both know what happened [14:01] High_Society: SO, we both know i knew nothing? [14:01] mafia2252: do you want me to do what I can to clear the air and chill the gunmen ? [14:01] High_Society: Is that what you are saying? [14:01] mafia2252: time is limited [14:01] mafia2252: if you want me to help you, say yes, now please [14:01] High_Society: If you want my answer, admit, i had nothing to do with it [14:02] mafia2252: that's what I'll say [14:02] mafia2252: however, I want recompense for helping you [14:02] mafia2252: $3M - it's not a lot [14:02] mafia2252: transfer it over [14:02] mafia2252: I'll do the rest [14:03] High_Society: I dont need your help dog. My city stands alone. I dont need a bribe from swine, who makes foul the name of this place for even have graced it. Your kind digusts me. Be gone with you

Report Post Tip

YouLoveUs's children, attempting extortion, CarelessWhisper, for those who need know.

No, i wont give you 3 million for anything. I knew nothing of any events, regardless of what the world may or may not believe. and no, i dont need you to "call them off". If they believe strongly enough that i knew of this before hand, then let them come. But i won't conspire to prove my innocence, and definitely not in a manner that guilty or not, would absoluteley make me appear to be guilty.

Thanks Careless. But No Thanks

Update:

[14:08] mafia2252: you'll be dead in two days

Report Post Tip

That is almost comical from the child of YouLoveUs's cement shoes and a big fishy is all they deserve

Report Post Tip

I laughed so hard i peed my pants! than i changed my pants and peed them again( i was still laughing )

Report Post Tip

The Final Words of an Angry Son

[14:18] mafia2252: When you're dead, just remember it was your idiotic notion ofpride that causedit [14:19] High_Society: My pride often gets the best of me in every walk of life young friend. As does my good nature [14:19] High_Society: Be that as it may, i will never back down or turn cheek to ill intent, my life or not [14:20] mafia2252: your loss [14:20] mafia2252: see ya

I may very well be dead within two days as you say Careless. I may not. But be it now, then, or 1 year, I will always go, with a clean conscience. I have always been and will always be a man of honor. I protect my own, and do good by others. Regardless of what you or anything else may think of me, that is a statement of fact.

Come correctly, Careless, or dont come at all...

Report Post Tip

It's all going as planned, HS.  All as planned.

Report Post Tip

All talk...always the same

Report Post Tip

I'm surprised Gene finds HS's comment at that funeral SO disrespectful... specially when we have been hearing far, FAR worse in the streets.

I know that some people consider funerals to be sacred but they can also be a place for one last message if you are not able to be the one to give the final whisper.

Not like he insulted him or pissed on his grave or anything like that. He only made a snide remark about a rogue act of his former member. Pretty within the limits of acceptable considering the dead man's last actions.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A shot in the dark in Sin City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL