Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 23:22:07
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Lust in Translation Started by: DangerClose on Feb 16, '24 02:11

Good evening everyone,

The destruction wrought by the United Forces of Morningwood upon Queens, New York was not an easy decision to make. I have no hate for the fallen members of Queens. At the onset of New York's current version I was hopeful that, even though I didn't know most of them previously, that we could learn to work together. Up until recently that was the case. Even though Professor, aethersix, and myself didn't speak often I was confident that everyone would keep a cool head.

The issues began a few weeks ago when I joined a poker tournament call in a cafe and met up with RupertGiles and aethersix. This was right after Godfather Spiral had been gunned down in cold blood for no reason other than being a fantastic guy. The moment I stepped over the doors threshold I was told "if you die we are killing everyone". Concerned, I inquired further. It became apparent that in my eventual death, the crews from Queens wouldn't exercise discretion. Specifically named, the cities of Los Angeles and Las Vegas, and their friends abroad, would be in the line of fire.

I love Las Vegas and Los Angeles. There is nothing I wouldn't do for Tyki_Mikk and the late Fluffy_Tummy (and the newly appointed GFC of Las Vegas harison). A threat to them is a threat to the stability we have fought to maintain. We have bled for this. Even with Rupert and aether speaking so freely, I chose to keep it close to the chest. I felt confident that I could keep this all together by myself. I had set contingency plans in the event of my eventual death. Even if I die, this Thing of Ours will continue on without me. I owe to the people that have followed me into the dark.

The problems really began after the death of Don Chromatik and her family. She graciously explained that her and Professor had some very frank talks about my eventual demise and what should happen next. We had multiple sources confirm this to our intelligence agency. This was Professor attempting to gain firepower so ensure they would land on top of the shuffle. I respect it honestly. Why she chose to spill her guts and finger Queens? Only the Lord knows. I'm sure that will come to light some day. Why did Professor choose to go to Chromatik and not Godfather Chairman Shoresy, Godfather Transistor, or Godfather Sylence if he was this concerned? We can only assume.

Unfortunately, they could not be separated from Queens. I would have expected them to defend Queens to the end. This was a terrible situation for everyone. I do not believe everyone in Queens was guilty. It simply would have been too risky to even attempt to separate them, much less blindly let them live as Professor fell.

However, make no mistake, I will do anything to maintain this. Godfather Professor having these conversations with Chromatik are what solidified my decision. A certain choice was made when those conversations were had. Approaching anyone in the top end of leadership in Philadelphia would have been odd but acceptable. Making plans to go against the people that brought me here? I couldn't do that. As I said before, we have bled for this. We will continue to bleed for this. I felt that in the event of my eventual demise, I had to do what I did to protect the larger picture. To protect the people who have held it down for me since the beginning.

Do not misunderstand me. I will die for these people. I will burn you alive if you choose to go against us.

Rest in Peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tips: 32 / Total: $16,976,969 Tip

Do not misunderstand me. I will die for these people. I will burn you alive if you choose to go against us.

Philadelphia stands with DangerClose on this topic. If you're looking to break this bond, you best look elsewhere.

Rest in peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $2,776,969 Tip
Great words spoken.

RIP all fallen.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

So a leader that was killed off, is the same person you trusted for information?

Interesting take.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $190,000 Tip

Raina, your lame useless opinions never matter to anyone.

Carry on, folks.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $2,040,000 Tip
Raina, to the inexperienced mafioso it might sound like an interesting take. For the more experienced of us, we've found that people are most honest when their father or mother had recently been slain.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

Warmonger the Peaceful listened intently to the speech given. While he definitely the most peaceful soul this world had ever seen, his lineage were always dedicated students of war, takedowns and all things involving bloodshed. If it was being discussed, it was no surprise one of them was somewhere close. They always cherished the moments mobsters could gather round and be more honest and frank with one another considering most of the time this world was shrouded in mystery and secrecy. Those moments where the truth was slam-dunked into the streets for everyone to witness always appeased his line. 

"Thanks for sharing, Godfather DangerClose. Rest in peace to the fallen. I lost a couple friends here, but such is the way of this world sometimes. This is after all what we all sign up for."

He disappears out of view for a moment before reappearing, this time accompanied by what sounds like a squeaky wheel. Some of the gathering crowd peer over to identify the noise, noticing Warmonger the Peaceful pushing a large stand on wheels, with a slight struggle in his effort. He stops in front of them all, perfectly positioned to grab their attention.

"Can I interest anyone in some flowers? Free of charge, help yourselves."

He pulls out a couple of bunches and starts offering them out.

Report Post Tip

I disagree there with them being the most honest, DangerClose. I tend to find those spurned have an axe to grind and sometimes just want to see everyone else burn. Having your father/mother die is a time when you are at your most wounded and lashing out at everyone, right or wrong. 

From what you've described though, it seems to me that the words from Chromatik's next of kin were simply confirmation of a truth you'd already learned and had kept at arms length, that Queens had plans afoot and they didnt align with the overall stability of this thing of ours.

So it would seem these actions were more so a matter of time and Chromatik's death, then next of kins spilling of the beans, has simply sped up the process.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

DangerClose, I am far from inexperienced as you may think. However, I was pointing out that you seemed to be relying on someone with an axe to grind and that in itself is interesting.

Interesting because I thought you would be a little smarter than that.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Calling the Godfather Chairman of New York dumb (in a smooth way), is kind of a dumb move. And dumb moves are a trivial thing for Raina's lineage. Like retiring over and over again. Dumb dumb.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I wasn't going to come out here because it's just generally not in my family's line to give into rumours and heresy, but since this has been 3 days of continuous name mentioning, I will say my piece.

My mother is not a conflicting type, she's not a plotter. I'll tell you what I told DangerClose as he chose to ignore it which is his prerogative to do so. I'm sure if I were being told there was plots and plans if I died I'd be unsure of who to believe as well. I only wish he'd have given a common courtesy of hearing me out before continuing to speak on somebody's name, my family had never worked with his line before but I heard he was a reasonable man.

The conversation my mother had with Professor was not one of plotting, against DangerClose or the West Coast. It was a talk of defending the East had the West chosen to take action, which sometimes happens in those situations when a top dog is knocked off. It was a purely hypothetical situation, one that Professor had said he was going to speak to Shoresy about too. Whether he did or not, I'm unsure. So the conversation my mother thought she was having was one Philadelphia would be involved in too, a hypothetical preparation should an attack occur. That is not to say that DangerClose would be killed, that is not to say there would need to be an attack on the West Coast. Simply a preparation conversation. She was a little confused by the approach because she wasn't exactly on the "in" and was rarely told anything to do with her city, but she didn't question a conversation about needing to protect it if the time came. She hadn't heard about any possible attacks on DangerClose happening either. This was a "what if" conversation, maybe a little on the line but definitely not one with malicious intent to anyone.

This isn't to say the West Coast would have done this in the event that DangerClose was killed, but everyone has to be careful in this world of ours. This isn't to say conversations weren't being held elsewhere with other people either, my mother had only spoken to Professor a handful of times while she was alive but she hadn't heard of any plans to attack. I can only speak on knowing Professor and say that he is a decent man.

Now multiple sources were mentioned which is also a thing people usually say to justify reasons for death. Multiple sources so it must be true, right? Yet we never really learn of even one of those sources for it to even become remotely reliable. So to everyone else it just becomes a rumour. Perhaps whoever he was told by is considered reliable to him, but they twisted something somewhere. Now this I believe was the twisting of the truth, because of what my mother had talked about, some of this speech was true. A conversation about what would happen had an attack occurred certainly happened, but it was not one of trying to "take over" or kill people unnecessarily. I highly doubt a single crew and a district would be able to take over even if DangerClose was killed!

Maybe it was miscommunication, it happens in our world. We are given information and it's twisted to make somebody look bad, it isn't our first rodeo and I can pretty much guarantee that almost everyone who gives this speech the time of day has had it happen to their line as well. 

My mother hadn't mentioned Professors name even after she died until this all happened and it would make no sense to land Professor in it as a revenge plot. He wasn't the one who killed her. So no, this was not a bitter kin. And if I were bitter, I would surely take it out on Philadelphia instead. I've been fairly quiet in light of that because we all die, there's no sense in bashing the people who are responsible for it. They felt like she was an outsider and technically, she was. Fair enough. There's no axe to grind here on my end.

Hopefully this brings some of the actual things that went on to light. Remember folks, not everything you read is true and not all "information" you're given is correct. Rest in peace to the fallen!

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $1,356,970 Tip

Makima… Perhaps when approached like that by Professor on that topic, Chromatik should have talked to her GFC or even another Godfather in Philadelphia. This is what loyal soldiers are supposed to do, and there’s really no excuse for why she didn't. Explicitly, the rest of Philadelphia was not approached on those matters by Professor or Chromatik.

If you want to nitpick on the specific scenarios Professor and Chromatik discussed, we can... but let’s keep it simple: it was wholly inappropriate for Chromatik and Professor not to discuss this “plan” of theirs with the district heads of Philadelphia. They would've been quickly redirected by those who frankly know better about political dynamics, and would've quickly learned that the West is a very close ally, and not a cause for concern, even in the absence of DangerClose. Moreover, Professor did not alert DangerClose or Sniffler to these conversations he had with Chromatik.

Instead, Chromatik and Professor effectively pre-planned a hypothetical attack, without their superiors' involvement. This behavior undermined everything we have built across the cities, and revealed what may have been a sub-alliance among our ranks. It was something we could not defend. Whether it was some sort of sloppy oversight or straight up disloyalty or not, on Professor’s and Chromatik’s part, with great sadness, Professor dragged several good people, my friends, down with this act of paranoid (and arguably/potentially subversive) scheming. I'd like to think this was naivete rather than maliciousness on Professor's part. 

Now as you, yourself, twist the knife on your several boy toys to try to get them to do revenge for you or whatever, it just illustrates that this was in bad faith. 

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $4,773,938 Tip

She was under the impression that the rest of New York knew. And Philadelphia was to be contacted. I just went into detail about what she knew, it wasn't a very long conversation at all and it was nothing of substance and definitely not a plot. I'm not going to continue to go over what I just went over, it was not malicious on my part to the West Coast or DangerClose. 

As for the revenge thing I never asked for revenge nor do I have any boytoys. At least keep it respectful and less personal.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

Perhaps you can agree that maybe Chromatik, as a loyal underboss, should've talked to Shoresy about it then? Rather than assuming Professor would've talked to him (which he did not)? Perhaps Chromatik wasn't being malicious. I won't bother getting into that... But if you see something say something etc. 

It could've gone like this between Chromatik and Shoresy: 

"ayyyo yo yo boss man Shoresy I heard this thing from this NY balla that was like ayyyo we might need to attack the West coast yo. he was all like eyyy I think we should do this thing if this thing happens but like there's gonna be war and we're probably gonna have to attack this and that pew pew bang bang. West Coast gon kill our asses if we dont get the bullets flyin first yo. gangbanga playa play DangerClose got mad danger mad close and the gats may come knocking. We gotta get the homies together with theys nines and bats. East vs West playa. that cool with you boss man? We straight?"

.... then boss man Shoresy would've been like "yo nah we all good with the West homies. Tyki Harison KW are fam, fam. chill chillen no worries. we gots this on lock yo. ain't no beef there deadass."

But Chromatik didn't. 

However, this isn't about Chromatik. This is about what Professor should've done and shouldn't have done, maliciously or not.  

I beg to differ on your demands to many people... Your web is faulty, clearly. It's kinda depressing that you're trying to rely on or manipulate them...

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $2,120,085 Tip
Seems someone notices the patterns and took action swiftly.
Report Post Tip

I had been going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to speak on this subject publicly. In light of the recent comments I would like to step forward and give my perspective on a few things. 

Yes, it is true my father approached a few friends in an attempt to have a plan in motion had the unthinkable happened and DangerClose was killed. DC said himself he had contingency plans set if that were the case. I was also goaded to try and do the same. After Spiral was gunned down, and the amount of rogues that had been popping up. My father thought it was the right thing to do. Paranoia? If that is what you would like to call it. Sure. 

I won't drop any names but to think Aether, Chromatik and Professor were the only leaders included in these "plans" is laughable. Yet, they're alive and well. Naive? Now that is probably a better word for my fathers actions. My family lineage had never been in the sort of position they were in, to say it was a learning lesson is an understatement. I can assure you I will not make the same mistakes going forward if I find myself in such a position in the near future.

I am not sure what the end goal for this regime is? Spike and DangerClose seem as if they're trying to alienate and kill everyone until it is just those two left patting one another on the back for all of the bloodshed. It is unfortunate, but again I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little grateful for the lessons that have been learned. Both good and bad. I had been warned that JTG had a history of stabbing those closes to him in the back but I chose to ignore them. If anyone was paranoid...I don't think you need to look any further than Brooklyn.

All in all, no hard feelings, really. You had an opportunity to kill the strongest district on the east coast and you took it. Well done. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,060,000 Tip

Georgette Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax family of Charborough had been sitting to the side pulling petals off a daisy, "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, SHE LOVES ME!" she exclaimed plucking the last one free and triumphantly throwing the mangled remains to the side. 

Realizing there was quite a crowd gathered, she started paying attention, slightly. One bit of conversation caught her attention properly. 

I am not sure what the end goal for this regime is? Spike and DangerClose seem as if they're trying to alienate and kill everyone until it is just those two left patting one another on the back for all of the bloodshed. 

"And in the background, there will be me clutching a wine bottle and sobbing begging for them to just let me die," Georgette Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax family of Charborough said whilst nodding enthusiastically. 

Report Post Tip

I had been warned that JTG had a history of stabbing those closes to him in the back but I chose to ignore them.

Not sure who you're talking about, but those who are actually close to the man are the one's he is protecting.

Alliances come and go in this thing of ours. Pretty sure we've all killed each other one time or another in our ancestors histories, it is the circle of life. We can't always sing kum ba yah. The leader's just do their best to take out threats, some are a bit more aggressive about it than others. Trust me when I say, we're all ready to die, but we won't sit around waiting for it like some. It just looks like paranoia when you have to start killing those with you because too many people are your friends now - and it is those friends that do end up planning things behind your back, otherwise things would rarely change in these parts.  

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,020,001 Tip

It could've gone like this between Chromatik and Shoresy: 

"ayyyo yo yo boss man Shoresy I heard this thing from this NY balla that was like ayyyo we might need to attack the West coast yo. he was all like eyyy I think we should do this thing if this thing happens but like there's gonna be war and we're probably gonna have to attack this and that pew pew bang bang. West Coast gon kill our asses if we dont get the bullets flyin first yo. gangbanga playa play DangerClose got mad danger mad close and the gats may come knocking. We gotta get the homies together with theys nines and bats. East vs West playa. that cool with you boss man? We straight?"

.... then boss man Shoresy would've been like "yo nah we all good with the West homies. Tyki Harison KW are fam, fam. chill chillen no worries. we gots this on lock yo. ain't no beef there deadass."

Fellers, I've half a mind to lock SpikeS up for criminal levels of whiteness with this kind of behavior, I've met whipped cream with more melanin than this pilgrim

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Okay, MrLarson. You still didn’t answer as to why you only reached out to Chromatik, rather than the rest of Philadelphia (neither did she)… That is the faux pas which is being pointed out. 

The death of Queens was not some grand goal for whatever you define as the regime. Aether was doing everything to make Queens look great, while Professor’s crew was relatively quiet. Aethy was a prize! It was a fine dynamic. The only reasons Aether (and Quini) and Roops died is because you took a major misstep and Aethy and Roops would step to your defense and could not be separated from the situation. I hope you can learn from it, but don’t blame it on the regime or paranoia. 

Frame it like this:
1.    Intel came in that Professor didn’t trust the West (from Professor’s conversations with Chromatik). 
2.    Intel came in that Professor would move on the West if DangerClose died (from Professor’s conversations with Chromatik). 
3.    The West knew of this Intel too because sharing is caring. 
4.    Chromatik shares a lot. 
5.    The rest of the East would not follow Professor on this proposed move on the West.
6.    Professor failed to disclose his proposed plans to Philadelphia Godfathers on the matter.
7.    Chromatik was not someone in a position to make any decisions for Philadelphia. 
8.    Chromatik was not trusted by the East.
9.    Chromatik was not trusted by the West.
10.    Professor was not someone in a position to make decisions for New York. 
11.    Professor breached his Duty to New York by unilaterally deciding to discuss this with Chromatik.
12.    Professor breached his duty to New York by his failure to disclose his talk with Chromatik to DangerClose. 
13.    The East and West are united. 

Now, how could we then tell the West that Professor could be trusted going forward, given the information of his theoretical plans against them … with Chromatik? How could the East trust Professor, who rarely spoke to other leadership, but for some reason was having really sensitive conversations… with Chromatik?  

There were a lot of things said by Chromatik to people about what was discussed. I’d like to think that a lot of that was just her own speculation rather than Professor’s machinations for some grand takeover. However, this was a risk no one was willing to defend. No one wants to like have to lawyer for someone who was purportedly “plottin with chromey yo.”

This is no back stab… You live, you learn etc.  It was at minimum a mishandling of trust by Professor with Chromatik, and his poor communication with the rest of East Coast leadership. 

Anyway, communication is important, but it requires care.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $2,500,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Lust in Translation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL