Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:40:16
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Sad State of Affairs. Started by: JaxTeller- on Dec 01, '11 20:22

Lets look at the facts and break it down

The first issue.

EvilClown was apparrently harbouring BG Wackers. Lets see the proof, because I can guarantee you that it doesn’t stack up the way its portrayed. Don’t pretend to hide behind this for the fact that you’ve wanted to quench your blood thirst for ages, except wasn’t able to when Grin was around. With Grin out of the way and its high publicity, Detriot was the easy target. Because frankly these reasoning or more to the point excuses are laughable given whats been said and going on in your own city

Its no coincidence that since the day JesseJames lost his RHM less than a mere week ago, his trigger finger has been itching. Grin left and subsequently with it the puppet had lost its puppet master. Would JJ have made the same call if Grin was around, I very much doubt it. I’m actually surprised he lasted this long without someone to pull his strings. By the actions of last night it seems some people are always destined to be a RHM even when in the ultimate position of Godfather.

Second Issue.

Detroit’s apparent disrespect of Philly. Lets not beat about the bush, we all know full well Philly has turned into a shit hole since Cass died. They now inadvertently stumble from fuck up to fuck up, with no consequences or fallout to boot. Its common practice these days for them to brush things under their heaving carpets with a shrug of the shoulders and put it down to another shitty day at the  office. Are these the standards you refer to upkeeping whole heartedly?

Please don’t come here preaching the whole whiter than white routine. Did you forget about the speech that FattyFats made about Philly when you jumped on your high horse and started spouting all this tripe about standards. One which in essence was a whole a lot more damning in its verdict than anything that has come out of Detroit ,and a speech which was given the full backing of the Chicago hierarchy.  I guess this didn’t factor into your reasonings. Because Grin was around at the time and gave it his approval, it made it ok right?  The whole sorry episode smacks of hypocrisy and you’ve all subsequently lowered your own standards for allowing it to happen.

If Philly had any problem with anything that was said on the streets then why didn’t they have the balls to do anything about it or to bring the matter up privately with Bama themselves. They couldn’t and they didn’t. So what gives Chicago the right to take on matters that don’t concern them and to use them as a piss poor excuse, especially given their own shady assessments of Philly from some within the windy city.

You seriously want to get into the whole “envisioning higher standards of the way we run business ” and the “members will be held accountable on every level”

The killing of -48s with a pathetic “oops its was a mistake” excuse. Leaving crew members to fend for themselves and openly die. Having a bunch of mute crew leaders who are too fucking lazy to do anything if it involves getting of their arses to do something other than nothing. Are these the higher standards and accountability your talking about. Its all too easy to say isn’t it? What about putting them words into practice. Its good to see the community embracing these piss poor standards as the norm

Please enlighten me, what are these higher standards. Because i’ve seen no evidence from the majority of you fuck-wits out there that you’ve got an ounce of balls to raise any standards let alone live by them outside of your own pandered bubbles. At least Detroit made a buzz around this place. What have any of you lot done recently to contribute to anything aside from running around like a bunch of lemmings. Its sickening that mediocracy and uninspirational leadership is not only encouraged but seems to be the only way to survive these days. Whether they’ll be remembered past their anonymity is irrelvant

Lets make no bones about it, Detroit was the most active city around, the most thriving, most entertaining, most promising and certainly the most active in the streets, and brought a great deal more than all of the other spineless cities put together. They was took out because they had an identity and wasn’t a face amongst the crowd, scared to step on anyone’s toes. All you’ve managed to do with these actions is put the noose back on the streets and stifle the activity. For that feat of an achievement, Congratulations

So what are we left with, whats the state of the world we now live in? We’ve got a bunch of  leaders  who are an embarrassment. The bunch of invertebrates over in New Orleans might as well not exist for all the good they bring to our society, i’ve honestly never seen uninspired leadership like it. Well done on sitting there doing nothing, I guarantee you’ll do nothing in the future. I can console myself that when they eventually die, nobody is going to give a fuck they even existed. Just like this character, before you all jump on the bandwagon to point that glaringly obviously put down out to me.  At least i’m not disillusioned about that fact.

Out of all this it seems Chicago have shown their cards and made their intentions clear that they want to be the top dog around here, I guess JJ learnt something from Roman after all. Although i’m pretty sure St Loius would give them a run for their money, if they found their balls to do anything about it

The only city it seems who are heading in the right direction with clear and concise leadership is New York.

You can all hide behind the tried and tested fallacy that i’m a thug and my words are worthless, make a joke or two.... supply me with the punchline if your not too busy doing nothing. Please argue me down, teach me the error of my ways, educate me. Tell me i’m wrong and the rest of the cities are a hive of activity and promise.

Bar the odd joker or two who will venture out here for the first time no doubt just for an easy put down, none of you will because you can’t

Anyway, thats me done. Let the ineviable bashing begin. Lets see if someone has anything original to say. Be careful I bite back

-JaxTeller

Report Post Tip

Would you like to address the degradation of the Statue of Bearderus?  You seemed to cover everything else very well!

Report Post Tip

That ones easy, be sure sure to apply a waxed laquered coating yearly to prevent any degradation and rust spots. Stopping the pigeons shitting on his head would help also

Report Post Tip

Nonsense. Everyone knows birdshit is lucky. Bearderus is an enormous and erect example of the proof.

Report Post Tip

Is it just me or does the birdshit give it character?

Report Post Tip

it makes better for the rustic look.

Report Post Tip

Character? Try staggering omnipotence.

Report Post Tip

First off jax, yes for sure maybe philly isnt as successful as it was when Cass was head and before that. But the majority of us try our fucking asses of and i hope people dont tar us all with the same brush here,philly is getting better by the day we have good people here.Even when Cassi was acting GM she said herself one person doesnt make a city we were all in it and we are all still here sure we took a knock but thats not gonna stop us.

Alot of the stuff detroit members said their was no need for not all of it was malicous but most of it was whatever else went on went on but philly has turned into the scapegoat for sometime now and its gonna change

Report Post Tip

I couldn't agree more space-pole.   I do love the rustic look!

Report Post Tip

Who's Bearderus?

Report Post Tip

Rathbone strolled down the street, after yet another successful bank heist, until he heard a high pitched moaning sound coming from a block away. Perplexed, he strolled towards the shrill noise. Moments later, he arrived at the source of all the hysterics and was shocked to find that it was a man.

Calm down.....Jax, is it? This isn't the place for whining. There's a few others at the corner of DifferentWarSameCrying Street and GetOverItAndMoveForward Avenue, if you'd like to join in with them.

Rathbone pauses to point down the street, then places his hand on -JaxTeller's shoulder and speaks again.

Here's the skinny pal. What's done is done. It's your right to say what you please, and heck even continue to spout more of the nonsense you already have, just like it's the right of the people you falsely accuse and disrespect to put you in the ground for what you say.

Rathbone cocks his head and looks away, considering that, in fact, he probably wouldn't get a chance to see JaxTeller- make anything of himself in this world. As he looked back to speak, Rathbone knew that this was probably yet another young Civilian in a long line of opinionated Civilians that would only take his take his own life out of cowardace, after making a public idiot out of himself. 

Look, kid. I appreciate that you loved your fathers city. No doubt, there were some good things happening there. But, you need to keep in mind that this was a decision made by the whole...not just one man. Sure, it's easy to point fingers at the big guy on the block, try to rouse others take him down by pitting one city against the next, but the fact is that this was a decision made by the Council. Detroit had issues and those in charge did what they felt was best for business. Afterall, it is business that rules our world, not emotions.

Nodding at the man, Rathbone reaches in to his vest pocket and pulls out his handkerchief.  

Here you go buddy. You can keep this. Maybe it'll help a little and maybe it won't, but all this whining and crying you're doing now isn't doing much good either.  

Rathbone gives a small smile, nods his head and starts to walk off.

Take care and good luck Jax. I do wish you all the best. 

Report Post Tip

Despite what it may seem I want Philly to succeed and do well. I've still got a few close friends in Philly and know that it has some strong and capable people in the city who are working hard to grow the city back up and to raise its profile out of the gutter, yourself  Pharol and Cassiopeia to name a few. It just a shame it has to be dragged through the mud by the actions and decisions of a leader who can't seem to help herself sometimes.

Anyway I didn't want this to get into another rant about Philly, because frankly we've had enough of them to last us a lifetime.

Yes some of the comments to come out of Detroit were not appropriate, I even pointed these out myself at the time. Was that a reason to wipe out a whole city when other cities were happy to jump on the bandwagon at the time? So it seems

-JaxTeller

Report Post Tip

Rathbone - its good to see my whining has finally help you manage to find the streets. For that fact alone, it was well worth it. Lets hope you don't get lost again. Believe it or not this is me with my emotions in check. I've been around the block far too many times to let a take down get under my skin. Its swings and roundabouts, survival of the fittest. I accept that

I do love it when people call me kid, makes me feel young again.

-JaxTeller

Report Post Tip

it's not a rant i take anything you say into consideration you know what your talking about,  i know your feelings toward philly and i respect you and your opinion, the ball is now in philly's court to prove to people what we can do

Report Post Tip

Rathbone, hearing the high pitched man address him again, turns back over his shoulder and smiles. He pauses, waves to the man, then continues to walk off. As he walks, he chuckles to himself. As he laughs, he mumbles to himself:

Some people just don't get it. Despite the fact I've come to the streets once a day since I arrived here, some people seem to think that's all this world is about. It's sad that people don't understand the fact that this is a place of business...but what can you do.  

Rathbone chuckles again.

And all this talk about this guy being around the block far too many times...

He laughs even harder.

He's been here a day and thinks he's hard to this way of life. Probably yet another guy living off the glories of his predecessors. There seems to be so many people like that. But, sadly, someone who has been around knows how to speak in these streets, and this guy surely doesn't demonstrate that. Oh well, poor guy...I hope he and his kin can manage to make something of themselves.

Report Post Tip

Pratster walks up to Jax and wipes away his tears with a tissue while poking his bottom lip back to where it should be, dragging along the ground is nowhere for a bottom lip to be. After this he smiles and ruffles Jax's hair

"Oh look at you getting all in a huff, was daddy from Detroit was he? Cry me a river, get over the fact that he isn't here any more and grow up. Slating other cities isn't going to to bring back what you mistakenly though was the 'most active city in this place'"

Report Post Tip

if Halitosis is indeed the son of EvilClown, which he so readily claims to be, then I would suggest he has provided all the proof needed that this was a justified takedown. Unless, of course, his own presence on the streets was a highly satirical, tongue in cheek effort that went way over my head.

I suspect it wasn't, and as such that makes the rest of your argument somewhat moot - though I would argue Chicago have displayed a highly level of activity as a city as much as you claim Detroit did - though that's never going to be something we'll agree on.

Report Post Tip

You may have said something worth listening to but you drowned this in opinion and rage. For someone who pretends to be an active street speaker you should know better.

As far as the rest of this thread goes, the proof of the misdoings is out for everyone to see and there has been no refuting any of it. Just accusations and more opinions being thrown around. Saying "everyone else sucks and we were amazing" doesn't prove anything and honestly half of your statements are unreasonable to those who has been active in the streets recently.

I suppose the overall theme we can take away from this is disappointment that Detroit put itself in this position and disappointment in the way their children have acted after the fact.

Report Post Tip

_Thor_ witnesses the bodies hitting the floor and shakes his head at Lotta

The city of Philadelphia continues to amaze me with their piss poor standards. Shows how much you care for your members when you leave them out to die rather than wait and house them before making such changes. Four innocent lives taken right there.

Well done Lotta, well done.

My statement is correct, just you don't see it. Things could have happened the exact way myself and Gene suggested, if people were patient and had half a brain.

These comments from a RHM of the city of Detroit are well out of line.  I commented at the time that I believed them to be appaulingly disrespectful.  There is a way to say things, and a way to be a disrespectful ass, and sadly this RHM chose the latter.  Your father, Jax-, spoke on the subject also.  He expressed the same concerns as this fallen RHM, but he did so with respect. There are no personal insults, no name calling, nothing more than a man of honor expressing an opinion.  That has always been acceptable, if not encouraged.  I am sad to see that you have abandoned the standards that I came to respect in your father. 

Regarding Fatty's speech, I have to disagree with those who say it was as disrespectful as the comments made by Thor.  Read through the transcripts again.  He mentions facts, much in the way that Jax- did, but he never used personal insults.  He stated facts, and allowed people to make their own judgements.  That is now, and always has been, acceptable. 

The line is what is allowable, and what is not has been stretched from the recent past.  I for one intend to see that it remains stretched.  There is a difference between stretching the standards, and ignoring them altogether.

Report Post Tip

In what sense has he proved his point Sprozz. I'm struggling to find that bit, unless i've read them wrong

I knew my father was straight down the line, unlike his ancestry he had not stepped over to the dark side described in he note above and yet... here he was lying dead in is bed.

Those bastards have murdered a man who used his bloodlines guile to aid the masses on hunting down these fiends.

We all knew his past, which he openly admitted too. So why would he have any reason to lie now. Other than its an easy get out clause for the shits and giggles of taking out a city

I actually happen to agree with you that Chicago are on the whole an active city. That assesment was aimed more at some of the other cities who just sit there waiting with baited breathe for something to happen, to then throw in their pennys worth and bang the drum afterwards. Or cities that are being run into the ground, and happpily allowed too do so. God forbid they take on any initiative. Are these the higher standards we're now endorsing with this take out of Detroit.

Its unfortunate that whilst some standards are picked up as a reason to wipe out a city. Others sub par standards across our cities are let fly as acceptable. Just for the simple fact that Detroit wasn't a wilting wallflower

Whats done is done, of that I have no iill will or bitterness despite what it may seem. JJ had his reasons, its the nature of the beast. Whether I agree with them or not is another matter, at least Chicago made something happen.  Kudos on that aspect

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Sad State of Affairs.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL