Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Time to end the Las Vegas Competition? Started by: FattyFats on Jan 07, '12 16:19

FattyFats and the dancing nominations tap dance their way onto the streets. A crowd starts forming around them clapping and trying to join in. A sudden stop occurs an the nominations dance themselves away, leaving FattyFats to stand on his own, ready to say something.

Back last year, when the Las Vegas Competition was announced, we had a thriving world.

• Chicago had a Godfather
  • Detroit had a Godfather
  • St Louis had a Godfather
  • NY has an acting Godfather
  • New Orleans had an acting Godfather
  • Philly had an acting Godfather

The only cities where there was not a mafia presence were LA and LV. And as we all knew, the Godfather council at the time decided to create a competition.

"Anyone can set up in Vegas, first person to reach Godfather in Vegas owns it"

Was basically the premise of said competition. Now at the time. It was brilliant. It bout some excitement to a world trying to move forward from recent wars. It was a step in the right direction. 'Prove yourself and you will be rewarded' was the motto. With all other cities (bar LA) seemingly stable and moving forward, it was a competition, a risk, that was worth putting out to the masses.

But 3 months on, and a New Year on, it is my personal belief that the Godfather Council should review this competition.

Why? You ask...Well, for the following reasons:

Of the original 6 man Godfather Council (JesseJames, AlabamaWorley, SuperX, Stallion, Stamina & LottaBEssen) only 2 now remain standing. Therefore, we have a competition, where the majority of the creators are no longer around to see over it. As mentioned, when the LV competition was announced, the world was re-finding its feet. Moving forward, and stabilising. We now have a much different world. 2 wars in 2 days have removed another 2 cities off the map. There are currently only 3 'legitmate' cities housing Mafioso - with Vegas still providing a risky 4th. The world is not as stable, and it can no longer be said as moving forward. The Godfather Council needs to act.

Now from where I am standing, overlooking Central Park in New York, the GF council has 3 choices.

1) Leave things how they are

2) Auth new leaders in some of the empty cities

3) Stop the Vegas competition an allow those who have performed well to be legitimate families

And for me, as what will be of no surprise to many of you, the best choice is number 3. Vegas has settled. It has good leadership. It is now far advanced in being a civilised city then the current empty cities. It is time for them to deserve their chance. It is time to end the Vegas competition and allow the City of Sin to rise once more as a legitimate proper city.

Now that you all agree on this, the clear problem is the Godfather Council rules of only having 4 leaders. There are currently 7 in Las Vegas. For me, the solution is simple. There are currently 3 members of the Godfather council; JesseJames in Chicago, Stamina in New Orleans, Hound in STL. Each GF can pick one leader to remain set up. A representative for themselves in Vegas. And Vegas becomes the cooperative city. where the 3 families get on and work together to make it strong again. But what for the other 4 leaders? Well again, that's simple. They disband (with help from the Gods) and are able to join whichever city they want, carrying with them compensation based on how many members they have at the time of disbandment. There members are then given a 7 day protection order to allow themselves to find a new home, have they already not done so. And then Vegas is set up its sorted, and it is up to Vegas internally what they do. Whether they agree on 1 person to sit on the Godfather council, for example, or continue racing to Godfather to decide who is their city leader.

Whatever happens, I think it is clear. The Las Vegas competition is outdated and unworkable in the current climate, and the quicker it is authed as a legitimate city, the quicker our world can move on from the recent wars

FattyFats Out

Report Post Tip

no please dont its the only city ii could claim to enjoy working in...its fast paced lifestyle agrees with me

although pershaps if some new blood were to set up in the other cities it might dissuade so many people flocking to vegas

Report Post Tip

How exactly is Vegas a "stable city"?

It has seen more deaths of crewleaders recently than all other cities combined.

Report Post Tip

FattyFats those are words that bring music to my ears as we know it is harder to run our buisness in these abandoned citys as sometimes we need local muscle to help do our work, Now Vegas has been a meatgrinder for to long L.A abandoned to long now Philly detroit and new york. i think we have to do somthing as well

Report Post Tip

Quagmire_ maybe a solution would be to allow the 3 to set up, then open one of the other empty cities to allow the competition to continue? We need stability, and actually authing some of the good LV leaders would give this.

As for your comments PossiblyTeq, LV is possibly more stable then the empty cities and will possibly become more stable if the Godfather council possibly make this vital change. Over the last week, it wouldve possibly been safer to be a Vegas citizin, then that of New York, Philly, STL, New Orleans or Chicago.

Report Post Tip

Do you make all your decisions over a weeks worth of viewing? :P

If you looked at the previous month, it was far safer to be in ANY city but Vegas my friend.

Report Post Tip

I personally prefer option number 2 there.   But of course only when those in control of said those particular pieces of real estate see fit.

Report Post Tip

I too would like to see a cap put on Vegas so new auths are put towards one of the other empty cities.

Report Post Tip

Zakk wipes his hand across his brow, Excuse me, I seem to be having some trouble speaking today, I meant to say, when those in control of those particular cities..

Report Post Tip

I would like to offer an alternative viewpoint:

As PossiblyTeQ pointed out, LV is far from a stable city, it has taken a lot of hard work and bloodshed to get to this point where all the leaders get on with each other.  In that time, from the inside, it has felt vibrant and dynamic if a little hair-raising.

Why shouldn't ALL cities be allowed to experience the day to day drama?  Sure, SL/NO and Chi are currently settled but I think extend the experiment.  It has shown that many people are willing to put their heads above the parapet and take that chance.  For those that try it and don't enjoy it, there are always more stable cities to settle.

Report Post Tip

I for one believe that Vegas is actually evolving and progressing towards a stable structure and Godfather system. Yes there are lots of deaths and there will probably be more, but I think it's that the people claiming it should stop are most likely the ones whose friends tried and failed in Vegas. Why should the work and efforts of the current leaders be thrown away? Just fill the empty cities with leaders who normally wouldn't have the gun to lead because the lack of legitimate cities may be sad, but dismantling Vegas doesn't do much as everyone in this city is fairly young and trying to make an impact so they wouldn't be the stereotypical leader anyways.

Besides, people have been looking for an excuse to give new Blood Lines a chance to Lead, well here you go. Auth the survivors and see how it unfolds.

Report Post Tip

This speach is proof that no one will ever take Vegas seriously until a Godfather is announced!

Report Post Tip

I think Vegas is a fine place to be with the right people.And the other city's I believe could grow just as well with patience and an attitude to purely want to help and teach I think the other citys would be fine and come back together to a full 8 cities maybe at some point.

Report Post Tip

FattyFats, Your Idea is a good one, but still leaves 4 crew leaders somewhat screwed. i considered your idea, and have come up with an Idea of my own.

1) each living head of a city selects a Crew leader in Las vegas to represent them.

2) the three selections select the forth leader, thus leaving las vegas with the cap of four Crew leaders.

3) Las Vegas and one other city are declared closed.

4) the remaining three Crew leaders are relocated to that other city.

this leaves us with 5 full cities. las vegas and the other newly settled city can each elect a member to the GF council until such time as a godfather or mother takes over each city.

Your thoughts?

Report Post Tip

1) each living head of a city selects a Crew leader in Las vegas to represent them.

Not 100% sure what the point of this is.  The beauty of what is happening is that there is in the main, little interference from other cities.  There are one or two examples where that hasn't been the case but the lack of interference works.  What you're saying is to force vested interests into a city and that always works doesn't it.

There are 8 cities.  Three are currently occupied.  If there was THAT much of a desire to stabilise other cities why not the three leaders pick a city and keep that as a vested interest leaving Vegas and another.  Vegas is not a sideshow or a distraction.  It contributes to more discussions than the usual dirge of "Bloodlines good or bad?".

What the world needs is more diversity not the same old tat, regurgitated ad nauseum.

Report Post Tip

Betsy, my suggestion was based in  part on the origanal suggestion by FattyFats. it was also based on the fact that if point 1 is implemented, then each city has a reason to stay out.

Report Post Tip

I like Betsy's idea of each established city having a vested interest in another city and leaving two open.

Report Post Tip

as long as people are wilingly flocking to las vegas why would we want to close it who cares if its unstable? some people like the excitement that brings

Report Post Tip

Again, the cities of Detroit, LA, New York, and Philadelphia are open... why not just set up a new shop there if you so desparately need more CLs?

Philli-Stein Your suggestion is to basically dismantle a city and then force some pieces to work together (that couldn't possibly fail... again) to fix the lack of cities. I again have to question how taking down or rearranging a city without its consent increases the number of active cities? The other cities are currently staying out of LV's business; therefor your suggestion mathematically doesn't solve the lack of cities problem, and your other suggestion is an attempt to "fix something that ain't broke." Sorry but I'm going to go ahead and voice my opinion against that idea, and any other that involves messing with Vegas.

Report Post Tip

The cities of New York and Philly are owned by Godfathers and its their decision as to what happens in those cities. As for Detroit and LA, I dont know who has the exact rights to those cities, my memory fails me there.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Time to end the Las Vegas Competition?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL