Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Fall of St Louis Started by: Stamina on Jan 11, '12 00:24

Last night we all saw the blood of St Louis upon our streets, a city brougt to its knees by New Orleans and Chicago. Over the last 24 hours many people have been speculating about the reasons behind the decision and have condemned the attack. Hound and St Louis had been generally seen as an active, peaceful city that had been living up to its potential under the ever present leadership of Hound.

Over the last couple of weeks, I had been contacted by Hound a number of times regarding some business involving my city and New York. It was claimed he had recordings showing members from my city being heavily involved with New York, suggesting money had been changing hands and that loyalties may infact lay elsewhere. Concerned about the issue, I invited him to show me what he could to back the serious allegations that had been presented to me. I wanted to know where this information came from and how such matters could possibly be almost public knowledge.

After many days I was approached with a short recording in the form of coffee shop notes which I was told would show Stallion and New York medling with my city business. It was explained that St Louis had an informant within New York who had been gathering intel for a short time. Confused as to why this relatively new face to the city would be so savvy with the inner workings, I took the notes back to my office for examination where I was stunned with the information I had arranged before my eyes. A single line of suggestive text... I quickly dismissed the claims altogether.

Add this to another incident a couple of weeks back where a member of St Louis had been seen in a coffee shop impersonating one of the (then) Las Vegas leaders, hurling abuse like there was no tomorrow. Hound was quick to suggest the death of this person before I stepped in to show him the error of his ways, and that it was infact one of his own members who forgot to remove their name badge when entering the room...

Creep (~PopPopShi@Jaundies-F6DE28C4.cfl.res.rr.com) has joined #godfathers
[Creep] fuck you guys
[Creep] come and get me then pussies
* Creep (~PopPopShi@Jaundies-F6DE28C4.cfl.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: )

For anyone who is unsure, PopPopShinebox aka Superbee is the person in question here.

With these two incidents in mind, we saw St Louis force their way into the city of New York to begin the assault upon the city. After they cleared the city of any previous New York residents, I had been speaking with JesseJames where we discussed the manner in which the strike came about. It was explained to me that they had entered into conflict on the basis of very dubious coffee shop logs from an informant. JesseJames voiced concern over his nonchalant attitude of wiping an entire city from the map based on the information he had. If he could go in against New York based on very little evidence, if any, would Chicago or New Orleans be next to face an invasion due to bad information or paranoia? This in itself was pretty worrying, but then I look at this with what had occurred recently with his informant it became apparent that we could be dealing with a very dangerous city.

Discussing the other incidents at length with JesseJames, we realised the extent of the issues that had been slowly bubbling to the surface within St Louis. The tough decision to remove them from power was made when it became obvious that we had no other option.

Report Post Tip

I am a bit confused on this matter. Are you saying that with very little information St Louis was taken out or realizing that there was a lot of information pointing against them and that made your decision?

Report Post Tip

Makes perfect sense. Unfortunate as well.

As a refugee from the latest bout of violence, housing is my own pressing concern. I do not feel that I'm alone in this matter, for some might say the lack of options is...inappropriate, considering the number of people contained in both Chicago and New Orleans. Chicago has seen fit to authorize an expansion in their city, in theory violating the GF council ruling, however I can only assume it means fairly soon another city will be reopened by Chicago. Considering the logistics of shuffling crews, I can understand why it would be a temporary violation, though no violation was actually intended.

I am curious if New Orleans is taking steps in that same direction as well?

Report Post Tip

Xiphos stands in the crowd and listens to Godfather Stamina's words.

Stamina, thank you for taking it upon yourself to clear the air of any misconceptions. It seemed that people were beginning to paint Chicago and New Orleans as the bad guys last night, doing what they want, and killing what they want. The bullies, if I can say that. You've aired out any concerns that anyone might have, in my opinion. Thank you again for your actions.

I also want to add that it was an honor for Chicago and New Orleans to stand together in battle. A force to be reckoned with, as shown by our actions last night.

With a nod, Xiphos heads on his way.

Report Post Tip

It would be nice if New York was reopened for the descendants of those that passed away due to the false information...

As for the spy issue, I can think of only two reasons someone would stoop to such low methods; 1) extreme paranoia or more likely 2) Looking for a reason to attack a city.

In this instance Hound combined reason #2 with an unstable friend who was thirsty for chaos and destruction. Frankly I feel Hound got off easy, his death does little to repay the families that were destroyed due to his itchy trigger finger.

Stamina thank you for an explanation as to the StL take down and clarifying what happened with New York.

Report Post Tip

It does sound to me as though a large number of people, were sacrificed over information which some might consider questionable. It is a shame to see such lives lost, over something as grey and uncertain. Though I'm new here i do come equipped with a common sense manual, and it sounds to me like some poor judgement was made here. It is just to bad that the St Louis city couldn't wait just a bit longer and solidify any information they had. We live and learn, as they say.

Report Post Tip

What a marvelous tale you have spoken, Almost 100% fiction but very well done.
What happened last night was the final result of careful plotting by Jesse. Unfortunately, like you, the leaders of St. Louis thought they could trust Jesse and believed him. His plot was put in motion several week ago, when he convinced Hound and JewishJake that SuperX had to be removed because he was not "following the plan" and was going to expose the Rouges that were planted in Philly. Well, the two fearless leaders fell for his crap and they allowed him to remove Hound and most of the top guns in SL, that Jesse called "Super Loyalist".
You sir and your fair city will meet the same fate in a few months. You, just like the two leaders of Sl, feel you have a "friendship" with Jesse. Forgetting he is no more than another Roman. Now, this is not a criticism Jesse, he plays the way it's meant to be played, he get's to the top any way he can and will do all in his power to make sure his is a kingdom never challenged. Tip of the cap to Jesse.Just don't come out here and try and pee down our backs and tell us it's a warm rain. As for you and your "brave cities" part in this...yeah you jumped in real strong for clean up.
Don't be fooled GodFather, you are no more safe with you "alliance with Chicago" then was St. Louis with theirs!

Report Post Tip

Now that Stamina has cleared it up people know what the story is and put all the rumours to bed.

It was good to see New Orlenas and Chicago stick together and stop St.L before they got paranoid again and possibly take out another city without warning.
Let us also not forget the fallen people of this war no matter which side they was on.

R.I.P  

Dench~ 

Report Post Tip

It would be nice if New York was reopened for the descendants of those that passed away due to the false information...

A City is nothing more than a place to sleep at night.  The people who work in a city, they are the reason for your loyalty.  New York wasn't completely innocent in this whole fiasco.  But even if it were and New York is reopened in the near future, it will not be as a a safe haven for those whose parents previously lived and worked in the city.  My advice to you, is to find leadership that appeals to you, and attempt to live a life that will honor your bloodline. 

Report Post Tip

What happened last night was the final result of careful plotting by Jesse. Unfortunately, like you, the leaders of St. Louis thought they could trust Jesse and believed him. His plot was put in motion several week ago, when he convinced Hound and JewishJake that SuperX had to be removed because he was not "following the plan" and was going to expose the Rouges that were planted in Philly. Well, the two fearless leaders fell for his crap and they allowed him to remove Hound and most of the top guns in SL, that Jesse called "Super Loyalist".

In your imagination, Jesse was the one who really planted the rogues in Philly, and somehow convinced Hound, SuperX, and Stamina to go along with the plan, but then SuperX changed his mind and so JJ took him out?  That seems pretty ridiculous to me to be honest, do you really believe that?  Hound "allowed" Jesse to remove "most of the top guns in SL?  I feel like 5 people or so died, and, no disrespect to the dead, but I literally cannot remember who other than SuperX. Surely whenever a leader falls, those loyal to him should be removed as well?  Doing otherwise exposes the aggresor's family to attack.  A leader who would ignore a threat like that is no leader at all.

Report Post Tip

What a marvelous tale you have spoken, Almost 100% fiction but very well done.
You sir and your fair city will meet the same fate in a few months. You, just like the two leaders of Sl, feel you have a "friendship" with Jesse. Forgetting he is no more than another Roman. Now, this is not a criticism Jesse, he plays the way it's meant to be played, he get's to the top any way he can and will do all in his power to make sure his is a kingdom never challenged. Tip of the cap to Jesse.Just don't come out here and try and pee down our backs and tell us it's a warm rain. As for you and your "brave cities" part in this...yeah you jumped in real strong for clean up.
Don't be fooled GodFather, you are no more safe with you "alliance with Chicago" then was St. Louis with theirs!

I usually don't like to respond to rubbish like this, but what the hell, I've got a few free minutes.

First off, I couldn't really care less about your mindless drivel. It's all too common and is little more than the same, boring rhetoric of someone whose daddy died last night. In the end, your opinions don't matter and neither do you, as we both know you're only able to spew these words knowing full well you're planning on taking the cowards way out, here in a few hours. By the way, Rest In Peace...in advance.

What I will address, however, is the part where you state: "yeah you jumped in real strong for clean up". First off, Godfather Stamina and the city of New Orleans were there from the first second of the first minute of the first hour of this war. They fought valiantly and suffered their own casualties being a part of this. To suggest anything else only goes to prove how out of the loop and irrelevant you are, because you clearly have no idea how hard they all worked in New Orleans last night. As a Left Hand Man for Godfather James family, I appreciate their hard work and believe we are lucky to have had such an ally last night.

Report Post Tip

Fuck you Stamina.

Report Post Tip

Hey Rathbone....that story you be spinning even more funny than the original.
We know what happened don't we
~wink~ ~wink~
thanks for all your help with this my man, you were a true warrior!

Report Post Tip

New York wasn't completely innocent in this whole fiasco.

Actually from what I understand of Stamina's speech New York was the VICTIM of a lunatic let loose by Hound.

A City is nothing more than a place to sleep at night.

With all due-respect, I have to disagree with what you have to say, for the people of New York took pride in their city as well as their family! If there are living members of NY or ancestors of those who were wrongfully killed who want to rebuild New York why should they not be giving that chance? Do they not deserve the right to rebuild what was stolen from them? Is Chicago just a "city" you sleep in? I would hope you would have more pride in your city than just a mere place to lay your head, but to each their own...

But even if it were and New York is reopened in the near future, it will not be as a a safe haven for those whose parents previously lived and worked in the city

I am lost on this statement, surely if the God Father Council decides to allow New York to rebuild there should be no issue? Why would any family looking to rebuild be in danger? Surely the low ranking members who would be involved in such a rebuild would not be a threat to any city...  Unless of course the God Father Council no longer has control of this world of ours...

Report Post Tip

Without meaning to speak for EveValon, I'd like to address your points Dutch_Man.

First, who here could even possibly say that New York was completely innocent in the fiasco? Perhaps they were the victims initially, but when they fired shots at Chicago without doing their homework first, they screwed up.

Secondly, I don't know what to make of anyone who is more loyal to a city than their own family. If this includes you, then I sure hope your current leader is alright knowing that someone within his family might have loyalties that lie somewhere beyond his city.

Thirdly, why would New York just be given to the previous families of New York? What makes you believe they're entitled to the keys to the city? Just because they were there previously?

Report Post Tip

Did you know that "BOBO" actually means "dumb", just like your rant?

Eve: "New York wasn't completely innocent in this whole fiasco." Would you be so kind as to explain what possible guilt we could have had when logs were fabricated? you don't need to answer, of course, milady. I am a nobody in this world, but since we always say that we can question and disagree as long as we do it respectfully...

Finally, I would like to echo Dutch_Man's sentiments. I am aware that we have no say in the matter, but many of the offspring of NY'ers truly feel victims here and we were stolen of something we had worked hard to build and was a lot of fun.

Yes, of course, we are forced to move on and good things also come from changing scenarios, but the wounds and the pain of the loss is still fresh in the hearts of many.

Thank you for listening.

Report Post Tip

Rathbone, again... No need to rub it in. We are aware. We are nothing more than thugs, or goombas at the most, but that doesn't mean we aren't suffering the loss of our fathers and mothers. You don't need to be so cold when replying to us. We are fully aware we are not entitled to anything, but one can dream hope and even ask, can't we?

And yes, TeQ and Co. really screwed up. I am painfully left wondering what would have happened had NY not attacked Chi. In my mind I even fantasize with NY actually achieving to get help from Chi to defend themselves against SL. In any case, at the very least NY could have done more damage to SL through -Ladyfighter-. This is of course an uber moot point now since SL was removed anyway.

But I believe a massive public apology was already said and everybody met their fate rather honorably.

Report Post Tip

First, who here could even possibly say that New York was completely innocent in the fiasco? Perhaps they were the victims initially, but when they fired shots at Chicago without doing their homework first, they screwed up.

Our friends screwed up and they already paid their debt in blood (GRHS) but you have to consider had New York not been victim's of Hound and his crazy friend there would of been no shots fired in the first place. Before this incident, the families that operated out of New York were fruitful and from what I've heard Stallion was an exceptional member on the godfather council.

Secondly, I don't know what to make of anyone who is more loyal to a city than their own family. If this includes you, then I sure hope your current leader is alright knowing that someone within his family might have loyalties that lie somewhere beyond his city.

We can't deny that each of the cities have a certain culture about them. New Yorkers have PRIDE in their city as well as their Family, and while their were multiple families operating out of New York we all belonged to each as New Yorkers, it is that bond we shared, multiple Families under one City taking pride and partaking in its success.

Thirdly, why would New York just be given to the previous families of New York? What makes you believe they're entitled to the keys to the city? Just because they were there previously?

Who better deserves a chance to rebuild the greatness of New York than the sons and daughters of New York?

Report Post Tip

Stand and listens to everyone shouting at each other

Hmmm, Is it me or are we arguing over something of the past? I have seen a few things suggesting a future but primarily people argue on who is right and wrong. From my understanding, only the god could check what had happened.

I suggest that we sit and wait for the GF's to decide what they will do with the empty cities. Believe you me I would love to see the great city of New York slowly being filled with little gang bangers, but that isn't my choice.

If the GF's choice to reopen New York or even another city then so be it. It will be homes to those who are worth the time of it leaders.

What happened is sad, death is always sad. You never know it's coming until it does. The families involved had their reason. They are our leaders, WE choice to be with them. We live with their decisions. There were innocents that had nothing to do with what happened but lesson have to be learned someway or another.

I have a great fear for the way things are going, I think a lot of those do as well, but we have our families, they will protects us all they can. We have to trust in their judgement, and never doubt them.

-Inferno

Report Post Tip

Our friends screwed up and they already paid their debt in blood (GRHS) but you have to consider had New York not been victim's of Hound and his crazy friend there would of been no shots fired in the first place. Before this incident, the families that operated out of New York were fruitful and from what I've heard Stallion was an exceptional member on the godfather council.

From the information, now public, I can agree that New York was dealt a bad hand. Still, your friends were a part of New York and just because it might not have been the former leaders of New York taking the shots, these were still men and women that the former leaders of New York had deemed worthy of being Made, and as such, representatives of the City of New York.

We can't deny that each of the cities have a certain culture about them. New Yorkers have PRIDE in their city as well as their Family, and while their were multiple families operating out of New York we all belonged to each as New Yorkers, it is that bond we shared, multiple Families under one City taking pride and partaking in its success.

I would hope that all current residents of the Windy City feel the same way and have pride in their city. However, we are each individuals. We're not bound to our fathers sentiments, nor should we be. To only live as our fathers lived is to be focused solely on oneself, or former self. To live for family brings far greater rewards and honor in this thing of ours.

Who better deserves a chance to rebuild the greatness of New York than the sons and daughters of New York?

Those that have worked hardest deserve a chance to lead. To keep handing rewards over to those simply because they have a famous name or whose family was once important isn't right in my eyes. It complete ignores those that work the hardest in this life and prove to their families that they are capable of such opportunities. Now, if the son or daughter of a former resident of New York can demonstrate such hard work and loyalty to his family, then yes, you could sell me on the idea that they should be given such an opportunity.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Fall of St Louis
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL