Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:48:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Gabby's Jewellery Started by: Gabriella on Jan 12, '12 17:32

Walking down the street you see a sign that barely just sticks out. It read Gabby's Jewellery. You head towards the doors and pull them open. They were heavy doors meant to give the people inside some good protection. Can't have the rich walking around unprotected.

Smiling at the brightly lit room you begin to wander around. There are glass cases holding beautiful white gold watches, earrings, necklaces and rings in various shapes and sizes on the right. To the left the cases hold platinum jewellery in various sizes and shapes as well. The pieces were all done in either circular, arc, square, rectangular and square shapes. Some pieces were for casual wear and others for important functions such as balls, dances and even weddings. There was a large collection of wedding bands from simple bands to more complex and pricy bands.

The prices varied. The simplest pieces sold at $60 and the more complex pieces could be sold as high as $1200. There were pieces of platinum and white gold that had coral, jade, aquamarine, citrin, onyx and opal used with them. 

As your eyes start to wander from the pieces and you decide on your choice you notice a young lady watching you from the counter. She smiles and heads in your direction.

"Can I help you with anything?"

Report Post Tip

As Sneaker walks down the streets of Detroit, she finds she has some time. Just as she is about to turn the corner she sees a sign. "Gabby's Jewellery". She finds herself reaching up to her neck. She has been thinking about finding a jewwely store so she stops in. A lady is there to assist her immediately.

Yes, I am looking for a watch that would go with this necklace.

Without removing it, she shows the lady a diamond faceted necklace with an S as the centerpiece.

What do you suggest?

Report Post Tip

Zaxxarito notices the new business on the streets of Detroit and acn't help wondering if he can clean up some of his hard earned cash.

Hi Gabriella, I'm looking for a beautiful piece for my moll and wonder if you can help?

Z smiles to himself thinking of the benefits of buying some nice tack for his gal.

Nice place you have here Gab.

Report Post Tip

Gabriella listens to both Sneaker and Zaxxarito. Smiling as she looks around the shop quickly.

Sneaker I think I have just the thing for you.

Gabby brings her over to where the watches are all delicately lined up. Pointing to the top shelf she finds the simple watch with a frame of small diamonds on it. Taking it out of its casement she motions a helper to stand with Sneaker as she tries it on so she can show Zaxx some items for his gal.

Zaxx this way if you please. I think you might appreciate these necklaces for her.

She leads Zaxx to the far corner where a Sapphire diamond sits in a square pendant. Pointing to it she smiles.

Perhaps this will take her fancy?Take some time and look at it.

Report Post Tip

Zaxx finds that he is easily led by the fine lady and spots Gabriella's pendant within a heartbeat of her slender finger indicating its presence.

Oh, sweet lady. Zaxxarito exclaims. Now that is exactly what my lovely lady could love.

Appreciating the fine lady's guidance, Zaxx begins to peel the notes from the roll, eager as ever to encourage his lady to have only the best.

Report Post Tip

Gabriella smiles and tells Zaxx the price of only two hundred dollars for the necklace. This was her gift to encourage the best for low prices. She takes the necklace out of its casement and into a box.

I hope your lady enjoys the necklace sir. A lucky woman she is.

Report Post Tip

Chris walks into Gabbys Jewlery store smiles warmly at her as he approaches the counter.

"Gabriella such a busy women you are, It just so happens that i am in the hunt for a watch that tells everybody that i am someone and i would also like a necklace for that special someone"

Chris smiles at Gabriella

Report Post Tip

Well you might want to tell me more about that special someone so that I pick the right one. As for a watch.. hmm.. Follow me.

Gabby strolls over to the watches. She picks up a man's watch with a simple gold face with diamonds at the hour, quarter hour, half past and 45 after.

Report Post Tip

Chris stares at the Watch and Smiles

"That is what i am talking about, Well the necklace is for someone very special close to my heart And its not my wife if you know what i mean"

Chris Smiles his charming Smile at Gabriella

Report Post Tip

A daughter? Relative? Mistress?

Gabby raises her eyebrows as she tries to get more in depth to what could be something this mystery woman would like.

What is she like?

Report Post Tip

Chris smiles a warm smile at Gabriella

" Now that would be telling wouldnt it? Lets jus say she is neither shall we but she holds a special place in my heart. Lets say she can be cold as the winters Snow and as warm as the sun, She is respectfull As she is attractive "

Chris looks over the display cabinet at the necklaces on display

" Rubies ,Emeralds,Gold ,Silver i am at a loss sweetheart"

Report Post Tip

Sprozz stood idly perusing some of the most expensive pieces available, encased in presumably shatterproof safety glass. His hands were loosely tucked into the large pockets of his overcoat, but he made sure his luxury Breitling watch was visible. This was not vanity on Sprozz's part, but rather calculated assumption. He knew if he spent enough time loitering around the high end jewellery in the store, whilst simultaneously flashing a watch which cost more than the average clerk's salary, he would be attended by the Manager rather than a simple employee, and that was whe he wanted.

Sure enough, a striking young woman approached him after a couple of minutes and asked if he need any assistance. Sprozz assumed this was Gabriella. He'd never met her, of course, but the word on the grapevine was she was a rising star in New Orleans - not long in the business but certainly skilled at turning a dollar. That alone might've been enough to serve Sprozz's purposes, but the fact that she fronted, or perhaps even owned, a 'mobbed up' jewellery store made it the perfect opportunity for him. Deciding on the spot he would give Gabriella more information than was strictly necessary, though certainly nothing incriminating, Sprozz moved his gaze from the bracelet he was studying to the young woman.

"Yes, you can certainly help me Miss, but I have a few rather special requirements I'd rather discuss in private, if that's ok with you?"

Gabriella nodded and wordlessley led him into the back office. At this point, she still didn't know whether the gentleman with salt and pepper hair was a connected guy, law enforcement or even just a high roller customer. As soon as the door was closed behind her though, Sprozz got right down to business with no attempt at small talk.

"Here's the situation Gabriella, I am not here for jewellery, I am here for you - or rather, your expertise. I know what this place is and what purposes it serves, and I know you're here in Detroit representing some boys from down Louisiana way."

Sprozz paused to casually light a cigar. He didn't ask if it was ok, but he spotted an ashtray and and made the assumption. Sprozz allowed himself few pleasures whilst conducting business, one was the occasional cigar or cigarette and the other was a tense and awkward situation; right now he was enjoying both as Gabriella certainly didn't know his motives for being here, or how he apparently knew so much of the store's purpose. He let the silence drag on for as long as possible before continuing.

"You don't need to worry, I'm in the same line of business as you, I work from over there in Chicago, ask anyone you know there about David Bulcher and they'll put you straight about me, they'll vouch. That isn't my real name but frankly, I won't give you that - not yet. I've heard good things about you, but you're not a 'friend of ours', and I'm not ready to trust you that much yet."

To anyone listening in, nothing much had been said - yet both Sprozz and Gabriella knew the subtle ways of La Cosa Nostra. Although not spelled out, three things were certain. One, Sprozz was a button guy with Chicago. Two, he had a job on. Three, he wanted Gabriella in on it. It would perhaps take a long time to solidify the deal - the fact that Sprozz started the ball rolling so cryptically was perhaps an indicator that it was a 'job' with a lot of heat; which in turn would perhaps make Gabriella curious, or even suspicious, as to why Sprozz was bringing in 'outside' help.

"The situation I've got, Gabriella, is that I own a pawn shop over in Vegas. A while ago, an unlucky feller lost a bomb in the Flamingo and got in bad with the loan sharks over there, and he had to pawn off some of his wife's jewellery. A terrible thing, but whaddaya gonna do? Anyway, it's been sitting in my safe now for too long. My store over there isn't as secure as this place so I won't put it on display, I'd have to be stupid. And besides, not many in Vegas are strolling into pawn shops looking for Jewellery that's gonna fetch four figures per piece. I've had it all valued up; but we can talk specifics later. Essentially, I'm looking for someone with good contacts in the jewellery industry who can find a buyer for me - this shit is too valuable to be left accumulating dust for too much longer."

Sprozz fell silent again and took a long drag on his cigar. He'd rehearsed the story a few times to make sure it came off right. He wanted it to be such a story that it was plainly clear to Gabriella that the whole thing was bullshit. He didn't want her coming into this figuring it was some straight up jewels auction. But similarly, he had to take care to make sure he didn't say anything that implied illegality, just in case someone was listening or she was untrustworthy. In both cases, he thought he'd done a good job. Even so, she almost certainly wouldn't make a decision on the spot so Sprozz rose to his feet and offered his hand.

"Well, Gabriella, it's been a pleasure talking to you. I understand you may need some time to make a decision, so I'll come by later in the week to see where you're at; although if you're ever in Vegas you can certainly come along to the Green Zero to take a look at the stuff for yourself.

Report Post Tip

Gabriella thinking quickly over the story the man before had just given her offers out a hand.

"Of course I would gladly appreciate the time to think on all this. A person can never rush into business these days. I will certainly acquire a flight to Vegas at some point to take a look and possibly discuss things further."

She shakes "David"'s hand and puts a hand on the door knob as if to open it. Pausing for a brief moment she turns towards the man behind her.

"I'm honoured you would look into my business. I will see what I can do for you."

With a smile she guides him out of the office. Making sure to lock the door so that she could further assist her customers as David strolls out. She turns her attention to Chris.

"I'm sorry for the delay in your service. As you were saying..."

With a distracted mind she listens to the description that Chris gave her and smiled. Taking an emerald piece out in a small diamond like shape she shows it to him.

"I clearly dont know much about her but if it was me I think this piece would be lovely."

Report Post Tip

Chris looks the piece over and smiles, It looked perfect it would do just nicely his eyes flick back to Gabriella and Chris smiles warmly at her.

" Emeralds yeah they are breath taking i could not have picked anything more perfect i will take them along with the watch"

Chris follows Gabriella to the cash register taking a wad of cash out of his pocket

" Dont worry about Wrapping them Doll i will take them as they are "

Report Post Tip

Sneaker mulls over her decidion. IT is a beautiful choice.

This is perfect Gabriella. I'll take it.

Report Post Tip

Gabriella smiles and brings both Sneaker and Chris to the cash register. She smiles at Chris and tells him the price of $400 for both the watch and the necklace. Turning her attention to Sneaker she motions to the box.

Would you like it wrapped or as it is?

Report Post Tip

Chris flicks through the wad of cash laying out $400 For Gabriella to pick up as she reaches for the cash Chris places the necklace in her hand and smiles

" A gift for you Gabriella a pretty necklace for a pretty girl "

Chris takes her hand and kisses it

" Pleasure doing buisness with you sweetheart "

Report Post Tip

Gabriella blushes and puts on the necklace. Taking it in her hand she smiles.

Thank you very much.

Report Post Tip

On her day off Djosefin decided to stroll the streets. After scouting she finally saw a sign out of the corner of her eye. Gabby's Jewellery. She stopped, than proceeded inside through the heavy door and into the brightly lit room. Seemed brighter inside than it did outside. Seeing all the cases before her filled with various jewellery of every gem and diamond and styles she started at one end and slowly looked. 

"Can I help you with anything?"

Startled slightly by the young woman behind the counter, Djosefin smiled and remembered why she came into the establishment. 

'Why yes you can. I am looking for something that is nice, beautiful and says 'I care about you'. Nothing to big and screams 'I love you' from a distance...at least not yet. I'm looking to get it for a lovely lady friend, but can't seem to figure it out...

Djosefin stood puzzled with all the necklaces, bracelets and earrings before her. 

Report Post Tip

Gabriella smiles and nods. Turning her attention to the cases for a moment as if looking for something in particular.

If you'd follow me to the counter over here I will bring you a couple of pieces.

Gabby makes sure the lady is comfortable she heads across the room. Taking a necklace with jade stones around it out of its case and another with a small diamond-shaped ruby. Carrying both she heads to the counter and places them in front of her.

I'm not sure what you think of these. Both are lovely selections and at the very least might give you more of an idea for your purchase.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Gabby's Jewellery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL