Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 09:58:23
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
VDAY: Suggestions? Started by: Squishy on Jan 30, '12 01:25

To toss our wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends a cookie, we will be holding Vday this year on Saturday, Feb 18th. This means no sleeping on the couch after a wacking a few hundred accounts on MR!.

So this year we want to do Vday right, and are looking for suggestions to improve over previous years. Some of the things we do have planned for this year are:

Vday is broken down into four 6 hour blocks.

Every one starts with the same global stats for the day, 100% vision, 50% chance for a successful hit.

Each success gives you a +1% (maxing out at 99%)

Wack has a 1 minute timer.

Flights have a 5 minute timer.

There is no defense.

You can kill online, or offline players.

You start off with 100hp.

Every time you hit someone, you get a +1 to your HP

Every time you kill someone to 0hp, knocking them out of that round, you get a +5 to your HP.

As time goes on, the game will automatically take 1HP from you every X time period. As we get closer to the end of the round, it will do this more often, thus ensuring the rounds end on time.

When you die, you are knocked out of that round, but can continue using your regular character to resume normal game play with other knocked out players.

Report Post Tip

I suggest sticking with that same platform like we had last year. It was a really fun day last year and hopefully will be again this year.

Report Post Tip

Is it possible to automatically switch out of VDay so you can play normally? Not sure how much coding that would be, but Id rather just play the regular game than wait till I'm Vday dead.

Report Post Tip

I think letting people play normally instead of Vday wouldnt be fair. People would have a better chance of killing IA's since others would be playing Vday.

Report Post Tip

i am same, would rather be working on my actual character then a v-day one, shame cant be run seperately like another game who shares our irc server does

Report Post Tip

youre unable to wack  during vday. the admins turn it off. so no one has an advantage over anyone else. i also believe pickpocketing is disabled. this is just my two cents. i may be the lone supporter in this idea for all i know

Report Post Tip

There could be prizes.
or is there already prizes
E.G

Winner
Most kills
most misses

These are just a few.

Report Post Tip

yes Ankou.   There are normally lots of awesome prizes.

Report Post Tip

One word: Pink.

Report Post Tip

"When you die, you are knocked out of that round, but can continue using your regular character to resume normal game play with other knocked out players."

I would definitely suggest removing wack for the duration of 'playing with other knocked out players'. The potential of war or roguing without the risk of comeback is just too great IMO.

Report Post Tip

Sprozz you should know by now that wack is always disabled on Vday. Normally I'd agree with Rags on this one, I'm usually the lone wolf who cries "THIS SHIT FUCKING SUCKS" on Vday. Very much looking forward to snagging some prizes this year however, very excited!

Report Post Tip

These seem like cool ideas.

Report Post Tip

As Sprozz pointed out, its likely that wack is always turned off because of the complications that could arise with regard to potential rogues/wars from those knocked out.

Report Post Tip

May I suggest an award to the first CL to accidentally retire in a vain attempt to take himself out of the competition?

Report Post Tip

Lolololololol Will

Report Post Tip

Iv never been involved in a vday before... im looking forward to it all the same.

Report Post Tip

You got a special reward last time, Will :p

Report Post Tip

"Sprozz you should know by now that wack is always disabled on Vday"

I didn't realise this was the case tbh, I don't usually get involved in V-day

Report Post Tip

Izzy - my birthday is on the 9th. Can I have a 100% chance of hitting? :)

Report Post Tip

Does the game still randomly relocate you every 5 minutes as well as resetting the wack timer? I remember this being the case before, was unsure if that's what would occur this year too.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: VDAY: Suggestions?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL