Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 11:04:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
WHO Started by: Pickhead on Jun 14, '08 14:07
As I was walking down the streets today, I noticed that I hardly recognized anybody, especially the higher ups and their low ranking RHM's. I was just wondering who are these people that lead these families? I've been walking the streets for two hours today and have only seen one boss on. Terrible.

And who are these RHM? They are all low ranking members who have been in our world for only a short time, who got their positions because of who their parents were. I disagree with that completely. A RHM needs to prove that they are valuable, not their ancestors.

I would love to join a family, but as I have said, I never see any of the bosses. This is a sad day indeed.
Report Post Tip
Just one question for you?

Have you taken the time to send any kind of correspondance to any of the leaders or their right hand men/women?

Before you go talking of low ranked rhm and how they came to their positions you should find out more information.

As for myself, I have my positions because I am family. I am trusted. It has nothing to do with my father. Or his father etc.
Report Post Tip
I agree that it's pretty unfair that 99% of RHMs get the job because of who their fathers were, or their grandfathers, etc. But unfortunately, that will never change.

As for all the new leaders; there is a new world order, my friend.
Report Post Tip
After eating his cabbage and carrots from ole man Boyles garden Roger takes the stand.

Maybe you could think of it this way as many do. When a mafioso dies and has been a RHM for a family his son/daughter is taken in by them. Maybe they're given a chance to show what they're made of threw a more challenging position. Then again it just sounds to me like someones jealous. But that's just me.

Frilling his ears Roger hops off to get some water.
Report Post Tip
There has never been a rule saying "A RH has to be (insert age here) to be RH" it is the choice of the Family Head for someone that they can trust to help run the HQ, that is all. It isn't a matter of age or anything like that, it is for the CL to choose who they think will do the best for him and his family and that he can trust him to do the right things etc.
Report Post Tip
It's pretty simple really. The most trusted position in the family is the RH. Now I ask, if you were CL, who would you pick, someone that you have worked with time and time again and continue to trust? Or do you roll the dice on someone who doesn't or may not fit those qualities?
Report Post Tip
Also considering the fact that you put your family at considerable risk from an unknown righthand that has many of the crewleader's abilities.
Report Post Tip
Dominic, you have been alive for six days. Which means you got the job because of an ancestor. Nobody can prove loyalty in six days.

Which brings me to my next point: Someone asked w I would pick. I would pick someone that is of a higher ranks that I have known for a while. If they die and come back, too bad for them. They would not get the RHM job back.
Report Post Tip
In terms of the mafia, a crewleader probably wouldn't choose some new punk kid who is the son of his deceased RHM to be his RHM. The new kid probably hasn't even made his bones yet.

In terms of this world, it just ain't gonna happen. We all know the reasons why it won't (trust, friendship, etc). Sorry Pick, although I agree with your point, I think it's just an exercise in futility. I hope you get the chance to choose your own RHM one day though.
Report Post Tip
1. You have no one above Made man

2.. You do have Some Wise Guys but you dont totally trust them.

3. You have some Earners and below, of which you trust completely.

So with those points would you rather:

A. Run around with no RHM

B. Let one of the WG you dont trust be RHM and run the risk of him getting your family killed.

C. Let one of your lower ranks, that you trust completely and totally with your life and the life of your family, be the RHM
Report Post Tip
Who's fault is it that you don't have any made men? If you kill them all, obviously it will be tough.
Report Post Tip
Well for your informations we didnt kill them all. This is just the situation we find ourselves in.

Clearly you wont answer what I have posted prior on making a decision as to what you would do so ill just leave it at the fact that you would do exactly what has been done in the organization I call home.
Report Post Tip
Who killed all the made men? The people that were in a war. Alot of very reliable made members and higher were killed after 47 was shot dead.
Report Post Tip
We've heard this discussion before, which doesn't really matters because it's an interesting one. (Maybe it does matter, because we all know it probably never going to change...)

I think both sides make good points.

Yes, a RHM should be one of your most loyal and trusted members. And yes it's strange that a fairly new member on these streets gets the second most important job in a family..

Anyways, while listeninging to this conversation is a question crossed my mind.

You have to be 'Made' at least, to become a crewleader. But why isn't there a minimum level required for RHM?

A CL appoints a low ranked RHM because he/ she is trusted, experienced etc... So why can't a CL 'appoint' a thug or gangster as a new crewleader? It's an easy pick, because you know you can trust the person. No this doesn't happen, because the restrictions by the gods doesn't allow this. What if these restrictions weren't there, would this happen too?
Report Post Tip
Very good point. And the sad answer is yes, I believe that it would happen.
Report Post Tip
Off course it's yes!

Now, why do we have these restrictions? To prevent it from happening, I guess...

People who set foot on this soil, need to earn it, have achieve a freakin' lot and most of the time they have to fight for it if they want to be a crewleader. (and a lot of ass kissing most of the time :P)

Now why doesn't this apply for the position of RHM?
Report Post Tip
the bottom line is..

its never about who they are. they are established.

its all about WHO THE HECK ARE YOU...and why do they want to waste their time inviting you when it dont give them profit....

and then you gotta show that this is not the situation.
Report Post Tip
It's father's day. I'm sure they are off with their families! Jeez kids these days, no respect.
Report Post Tip
In order to run an organization in Cosa Nostra, the leader must be a Made person. If the person isn't in our thing, they can be a leader, but it's not a mafia organization. The right hand is whomever the leader the leader trusts the most (as in trust with his life).

Ideally, I believe the right hand should be at least Made. But like what was said before, there are cases when that is not possible. Some people are not fortunate enough to have high ranks in the organization that they trust enough to be right hand of the family. That if something happens, they will be knowledgeable to make the right decisions. For instance, Person A from your family shoots at Person B in another family, and Person B shoots back. Person A tells the right hand that B shot at him, and the right hand proceeds to curse out Person B and/or Person B's leader. So not only do you have your member randomly shooting at other families, you now have a pissed off leader due to your right hand's inability to communicate.

Still think it's a good idea for someone to be RH purely based on rank?
Report Post Tip
Yes, the game gets more interesting and fun. and new people get some experience at seeing the crew portfolio. something alot of people im sure have never seen.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WHO
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL