Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 15:18:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
V-Day - All the info you'll need. Started by: Squishy on Feb 12, '12 23:59

The Vday Comp will take place on Saturday, Feb 18th and consist of 8 separate individual rounds.

Round 1 00:00 - 03:00 Game Time
Round 2 03:00 - 06:00 Game Time
Round 3 06:00 - 09:00 Game Time
Round 4 09:00 - 12:00 Game Time
Round 5 12:00 - 15:00 Game Time
Round 6 15:00 - 18:00 Game Time
Round 7 18:00 - 21:00 Game Time
Round 8 21:00 - 24:00 Game Time

There will be one of two statuses that will be listed at the top of your screen. VDay Alive - meaning you are alive and currently in a round. VDay Dead - you are now in the normal game and not alive in the current round of Vday. If you are Vday Dead you will automatically become Vday Alive when the next round starts. If you do not wish to participate, use the VDay Suicide feature at the top of your screen specifically labeled VDAY SUICIDE.

The goal is to score the highest points at the end of a round, before the next round starts. You do not have to compete in all rounds. You can win first prize with just one single round. Consider each round just another chance to possibly beat your last score so that your best score may land you in the top 8.

Here is how to win:

Every hit is worth 2 point. Every kill is worth 4 points. Every HP you have at the end of the round is worth 1 point. In the event of a tiebreaker, the two people will be pulled aside to compete in a special sudden death round. Or given sharpened rusty spoons and each others address. Either or.

We look at all the rounds, and take the top 8 results. These top 8 will receive physical prizes.

Here is the specifics:

At the start of every round, everyone is set to 100 HP and all stats are reset.

You die when you reach 0 or negative HP, and automatically are switched back to the regular game until the next round starts, when you will be set back at 100 HP and switched back into Vday mode.

You can shoot once a minute.

You can fly every 5 minutes.

There is no protection if someone hits or misses on you.

Every time you hit someone, you gain +1 to your HP.

If you hit someone who is offline, you do more damage.

Every time you kill someone (knock them to 0 or negative HP), you gain +5 to your HP.

The game will be removing HP automatically from everyone alive periodically through the 3 hour rounds to ensure the rounds end at the appropriate time. The only way to stay alive until the end is to keep gaining HP faster than it is taking it away.

Gun starts off doing a damage of -1 HP to others, as they get more trained during that round, they increase their damage.

As the rounds get closer to ending, cities will be closed off, basically making the play area smaller. If you are in one of the cities to be closed off, you will have a few minutes to move, or else you will be randomly moved to another city.

There is no bodyguards, no info, no stealth, no rank difference. Everyone has the same stats at the start of a round.

Drugs are disabled if you are in Vday mode. Guns are disabled in the regular game until 01:00 GMT the following day to ensure no one can make a mistake.

Prizes:

1) Flat panel TV
2) Flat panel TV
3) Android Tablet
4) Android Tablet
5) Android Tablet
6) Android Tablet
7) Android Tablet
8) Android Tablet
9 to 30) Split of 50 million based upon their scores
31+) Split of 50 million based upon their scores

Everyone WILL win something for every hit/kill that they get. No one is walking away empty handed if they played. Unless you didn't score even one hit, then, well, you get jack shit :)

Prize Disclaimer Stuffs

First and Second place get TVs , Third to Eight win the Tablets. Any winner can choose to take the cash equivalent, or 3x the cash equivalent in credits. Winners are responsible for any taxes. In the event that someone outside of the Continental USA wins a TV, shipping may be prohibitive and thus, will be given the cash equivalent.

I wish you all good luck in this competition. I hope everyone has a blast!

Report Post Tip

BTW, You are only eligible for 1 physical prize, if you win more than one, the next person in standings will replace your your spot for the 2nd prize. (Meaning, if you won 2nd and 8th prize, the #9 guy will now be #8, and you will just be #2)

Report Post Tip

I always seem to have the same confusion with these competitions...

So the winner of each round wins a physical prize? So with 8 rounds, 8 physical prizes?

Report Post Tip

From what I gather...

The winners will be those who have the most points from all people who participated in any round.

So for example:

If one person in one round gets 550 points and wins first place in total on the day he will be placed first. If another person in the same round gets 545 points and is second in total for the over all day then he/she gets second place.

So it's not a winner of each round gets prizes it'll be just the top 8 people over all.

Report Post Tip

So I may win around with 500 points but if in any other round 8 people get more than 500 points I won't get any physical prizes?

Report Post Tip

just kill everybody and it won't make a difference ;)

Report Post Tip

There are 8 physical prizes, that will be given to 8 people who have the highest score in any particular round.

There may be 1 winner from round 3, there may be 7...

For example, lets say Bob has a score of 550 in round 1, and that is the highest, so far he is in first place.

Round two, no one beats 550, so Bob is still in first place for a TV.

Round three, four, five and so happen, still no change.

Round six, Joe scores a 552, bumping Bob to second place and Joe is now in first place.

The scores are not a a total of all your rounds, it just looks at each players best round score and then compares the best 8 scores of anyone. You can win first place and get a TV by playing only 1 round, however, if you play more rounds you effectively get more chances to beat your old score with a higher score in a different round.

Report Post Tip

Just out of curiosity ... The shipping to other countries will be paid by the winners, or by MR as a company ? Because it would be nice to win a TV, but shipping it to EU might cost as much as the TV itself :/

Report Post Tip

Can't wait sounds like a lot of fun! 

Report Post Tip

Iocaste, you must've missed this part; "In the event that someone outside of the Continental USA wins a TV, shipping may be prohibitive and thus, will be given the cash equivalent."

Report Post Tip

Oh, sorry, my bad. Thanks for this appreciable thought for the rest of the world !

Report Post Tip

They must have been thinking about me when they made that rule.

Report Post Tip

Can't wait for the contest to commence.

Thanks Squishy for all the details!

Report Post Tip

so...the cash equivalent is in real cash?...and is it possible for someone who isn't interested in the physical prizes to turn them down and pass them on the 2nd place, then take the 2nd place prize ie. their percentage of the 50,000,000?

Report Post Tip

Aaron_McKeever,

If a winner is not interested in the prize, I'm sure we can come up with something so everyone is happy at the end. Just PM us after the comp!

Report Post Tip

Awesome...thanks, cause I already got a flatscreen, and I don't really need a pad...and i make enough of my own money to get by, aint all that greedy LOL...not that I expect to win...but IF I do...thanks :)

Report Post Tip

Just to point out to UK (and possibly EU) winners. The USA uses a different power voltage/ampage and most likely wont work without a converter at the very least. So take the money man!

Report Post Tip

Or get the converter...they are a dime a dozen after all ;)

Report Post Tip

Im a very low effort kind of guy..

Report Post Tip

lets do it...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: V-Day - All the info you'll need.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL