Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:14:39
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year? Started by: Squishy on Feb 19, '12 02:29

actually one thing that did effect a few elimnates i prolly could have had was, using ajax wack, i know you sent out the email and said the server was getting mauled, so i slowed down pressing on ajax alot, but when i did get the break message, it wouldnt let me shoot for another 30 seconds (estimate), even if i loaded upo another wack screen, or clicked on the profile, i still got the, "you cant load your gun that quick" and it did hinder me and effected my eliminate total.

Im not sure if anyone else had the same problem, or infact if there is anything that can be done about it, i just thought id bring it to attention.

Report Post Tip

actually one thing that did effect a few elimnates i prolly could have had was, using ajax wack, i know you sent out the email and said the server was getting mauled, so i slowed down pressing on ajax alot, but when i did get the break message, it wouldnt let me shoot for another 30 seconds (estimate), even if i loaded upo another wack screen, or clicked on the profile, i still got the, "you cant load your gun that quick" and it did hinder me and effected my eliminate total.

Yup, me too Big-Lou. I learned not to click on the wack button until the timer was between 3 and 2 seconds to go. Took me a while to figure what was going on though, lol

Report Post Tip

Random teams sounds like an interesting idea. Another sugestion would be random positioning in citys as those with names starting With As Bs Cs Dc ect are always on the top so are really disadvantaged from the get go.

Though for my 1st ever V/Day experiance i had fun

Report Post Tip

Random names/teams/events. I liked that one city closed every 20mins, but would have been more interesting if you didn't know which city was closing. Strategy is fine, but there was pretty much just a Plan A, and no reason to have to adapt. Rounds with different rules or features could be cool.

Report Post Tip

Sorry I didn't take the time to go through every profile but are any of the winners complaining that teams should be random or that one should have a guarantee against ganging against one player?

I know I had lots of fun while I was able to gang upon a threat from another city. We were just handed our asses almost every round by the same city over and over and we all started with the same stats, so maybe we should ask them how to do it?

Report Post Tip

previously there was a prize for the best city preformace. i dont believe i saw that in this years prizes. it takes the fun out of the game when an entire crew of people gangs up and removes you quickly. thats just my two cents, people are going to continue to do what suits their own needs pers usual

Report Post Tip

"but when i did get the break message, it wouldnt let me shoot for another 30 seconds (estimate), "

The wackspeed was throttled to hitting the wack button 10 times every 45 seconds. Once you were over 10, it would give you the message (and keep adding +1) until you were down under 10 in 45. It was possible to burn up the next 40 some seconds of wack presses in the first second if you were clicking like crazy. While I am not a fan of throttling like this, this was the only way to keep the server from getting waaaay overloaded.

Report Post Tip

I would like to see different rounds throughout the day. I enjoyed the 3 hour one but it would've been interesting to mix things up;

• Standard Round 3 hour round exactly the same as we had
  • Speed Round 1 shot every minute. 1 shot. 1 kill. 1 minute per flight; Can do 2 of these over the '3 hour' time limit
  • Random Round Same as Standard Round but you get a random number combination instead of your name which changes every minute
  • Stealth Round Same as Standard Round but all attempts and kills are stealth; let the back stabbing begin

Over the 24 hour period, there were 8 different rounds. You can have each round twice, makes it more interesting and keeps it fresh...

Report Post Tip

That's completely understandable izzy, thanks for clearing that up!

Report Post Tip

Squishy, I'm all for throttling but maybe doing it in a way similar to the regular wacking. Make it so you can only hit the Vday wack once every 2 seconds maybe.

At one point I was being under attack so I frantically starting shooting wack not knowing when my timer was up. When I realized what was going on, I was like 30 seconds without being able to shoot. Little did it matter since I was being shot at by like 10 people but it added to the frustration.

Report Post Tip

V-Day was unreal yesterday.So I would like to thank the MR team.Could we have a massacre on another day or an important event or really anytime.

Report Post Tip

Maybe there could be a vday themed event at Halloween where it's like zombies?

Report Post Tip

Bit surprised so many people are complaining about "teams".. Its easy to organise a group of people to work together. Part of the the beauty of this game is getting to know other players, working in teams on events like this lets you meet others that you maybe otherwise wouldn't have met.

Anyway; I would still agree with the concept of pseudonyms instead of your regular character names, thus preventing attacks on certain individuals being planned. Not that i'll complain about certain cities attacking me in waves, we did it to them, they did it to us; it was all part of the game.

Thank you Squishy for a good day!

Report Post Tip

I suggested that a couple of years back Tsubdai and the admins like the idea. I forgot to remind them though. :P

Report Post Tip

How about making the paid timer free for the day? I had my pay one running and did not have an issue of having to hammer the wack button. I knew when my shot was up and had the target loaded and ready for the timer to count down. Should ease the server strain and lessen frustration for anyone without a timer.

Report Post Tip

I think everyone would agree with me when I say more categories for more prizes!

Report Post Tip

Dislike times a million the idea of putting in a pro time or anything similar. This would just make vday one big rock-paper-scissors contest. Everyone would just trade blows back and forth and no one would be able to gain an advantage over someone else in any way whatsoever. The "competition" would be "A trades blow for blow with B. A had more health than B, so A won. Then A went blow for blow with C, but since A went blow for blow with B earlier, C had more health and won."

Sounds perfectly miserable. Some way to organize teams is a must.

Report Post Tip

Well, coming from someone who placed third in one round, does this count?

Would there be a way to assign teams randomly consisting of only about 5-6 people? I'm all for working in a team, but I think smaller teams are more fun because inevitably you get two teams that have grown too large to keep track of just who is in them. It's rather annoying having 7 or 8 different targets in different places being shouted out all or getting shot by a "teammate" because the couldn't be bothered to scroll down the IRC list and see that you were in the same room as them. Or you have people who can't seem to remember who's IRC nick belongs to which IG player and you end up nominating your associate to be a target with him in the room.

I have nothing against waving, that's part of VDay.

And can I just say, that this year was much more fun for me than last year. I wasn't stuck realizing that I was going to miss out on two thirds of VDay do to being asleep or one a different schedule from the server and missing a round or not being able to long in until the round is half over, I'm already dead, and there's another 4 hours to the round. Much more fun this year.

Report Post Tip

That's the thing is ment to be a massacre, full on bloodshed. The way people are trying to make is to ensure the live. However, in the sprit of the event. No one should be guaranteed that they will live.

Report Post Tip

The even was a blast, thanks Izzy and company :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL