Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 20:01:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year? Started by: Squishy on Feb 19, '12 02:29

It may sound a little silly but if there was a hot link somewhere for locals just for Vday it would help. I know it can be a little cumbersome if you're trying to play from your phone and having to navigate the normal way to the locals in news & info tab

Report Post Tip

Just out of curiosity, how many of you played part of Vday on a phone/portable device?

Report Post Tip

I was on my computer the whole thing, wasn't gonna risk using my phone!

Also as far as improvements go, I would really love for there to be prizes for all-day winners again. I feel that people who put in the full 24 hours should get some reward other than the achievements :P

Report Post Tip

I was on via my phone for most of the round 9.00-12.00

Report Post Tip

I think there should be no affiliation to your family on Vday. I noticed to much direction from the families telling members how/when and who to shoot. Perhaps doing something with the user names so they are not recognizable by the CL.

Or Back-up the server, then RESET, force anyone that wants to play to create an account. Then when its over restore.

PRO: no affiliation to family

CONS: account creation might be a nightmare.

Will they need to be created before the Vday start to stop people from creating last minute?

Or maybe there can be an option in the account to create the account Early...like if you are going to participate what would your name be. then the game can create the vday account for the user.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to lend my support for the suggestion that those who put most work into lowering a person's HP should get the elimination boost. I regularly saw people just lurking to get an elimination.

Report Post Tip

I think the pointing system should be adjusted, maybe 3 points for an elimination rather than 4...

It was a shame to see people finishing higher in the standings who were clearly refreshing to steal kills rather than getting down and dirty with the true dog-fighters!

The mechanics of it though, I thought went well... But I think the name scrambling/change idea is worth some thought... Obviously there are going to be people who team up, that's allot of the fun of this, and helped people make new friends and see what people are capable of. But the groups always had their prime targets, which pretty much eliminates them from the competition.

A good example of this is Stamina... The group I was working with all knew that he would be a key figure in his group's organisation, so every time we attacked he would be the first person to get bombarded, followed by Immortal etc etc. It was a great tactic to break them down but I can't help but feel sorry for those guys, because it pretty much ruled them out participating in most of the competition...

Report Post Tip

Agreed Marston, but on the other hand, they enjoy that reputation for their own benefit the other 364 days of the week.

Take me, for example. I like having a name that is high up in the alphabetical lists... except on Vday where that made me one of the first targets when it came down to killing active accounts.

Report Post Tip

Of the YEAR, of course. :/

Report Post Tip

Just out of curiosity, how many of you played part of Vday on a phone/portable device?

I played all rounds except the fourth on my phone.

Report Post Tip

I must admit seeing some peoples elimination to shot rate was a great tactic for them, even if seems as cheap and frustrating way to outdo someone.  I know how often would work down people before they dissapeared with their last 0.5 health-4 health suddenly. Another game i played in the past randomly placed people in coloured teams but meant the teams could not shoot their own members but is about a team win there more then an individual performance.  I must admit seeing how much some people persist for a whole day they deserve credit for their work as i know i only played 3 rounds but did ok for those i played.

Report Post Tip

I played the third round from my phone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: IDEAS: V-Day - Improvements for next year?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL