Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:47
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The State Of Things Started by: BlueWaffle on Mar 02, '12 18:15

A blue waffle sits, droopily, on the side of the street.

I've been in this life for years now, and I am sad to see the state of things. What is this life, when those that run things, those that were put into place by the ancestors that you and I come from, what is there to say about this life when they refuse to acknowledge your existence, nor even respond to your plight for help?

You see, I am currently bound by my parole to not leave this state. What state? Massachusetts. I had a run in here in Boston with a cops daughter, something about virginity and virtue and me removing both? I don't really remember, honestly, I'd spent about a month straight on Opium, but when I finally sobered up I was in handcuffs being told that I was heading to prison. 2 years later, I'm out, but on parole. Can't leave state or I finish up my 10 year sentence.

Not fun.

But, I love this thing of ours, and that is exactly what it is. It's this thing of ours. It is not this thing of yours. It is not this thing for some and not all. It is this thing of ours. That thing that keeps us all in money, and that Opium I'm so fond of.

In fact, so far I've mailed numerous crewleaders from outside cities, requesting a bit of assistance in my plight, and there has only been a single response. One. And to that man, I say thank you, your words are kind, and I understand that I may be in it deep, but I feel this: If you are capable of traveling to this empty city, if you are going to do business here, and going to be committing murder, it is in everyone's best interest that someone lay down roots.

Yes, I may be a bit selfish, it's quite obvious that a well connected individual in this city could benefit me in my parole, and possibly even gain me the ability to fly, but as of yet I'm stuck here in Boston, performing the odd purse snatching, and spending my money on Opium.

Who knows, maybe I'll overdose before one of your gun happy family members decides that it's easier to shoot me when I'm 2 days out of jail, than it is to set up shop here in Boston and invite me to join this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

How dare those mobsters be mean and rude.

Report Post Tip

That's exactly what I'm getting at, Arbitrary. For those of us who have been here for a while, we understand that this thing isn't about being cocky and rude, it's about being respectful, and building relationships. It's about growing this business. Sometimes that means taking out a family or two. More often that means investing in the little man, like myself, who will be the cash cow for your family.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes the cow is just a hamburger though.

Report Post Tip

I've been here quite some time. What this thing of ours is about is being the most powerful. Through money, contacts, bodyguards and most of all fear. Like it or lump it. Thats where we are.

Do not mistake fear for being blood hungry and shooting a few leaders so they can move to Boston on the say so of a Gangster. Fear can be in many many different forms. I have seen people feared for how they speak in the streets, some for their cannon and others for their ability to dodge a bullet. It comes in many different forms. But it's up to the person holding the power to instill the fear. Not for others to question their actions on why they did not mail the 'little man' back or why they haven't shot one or two other crewleaders.

Perhaps taking a gamble on a well spoken man like yourself is a good idea. But then after this little speech I would be having second thoughts for the sheer fact you seem a bit blood hungry and feel that you deserve to be listened to.

Report Post Tip

I'm not blood hungry in the least. The mention of taking families out was simple an allusion to the fact that, at times, it is necessary. It was by no means saying it is required in this current situation.

Frankly, I understand there is plans to move a family to Boston, and I would simply be happy going about my business until such a day arrives, but I am currently without roots, a home, and by all means a freelancer. Though, in this wild west town that is Boston, without a Godfather to rule over it, I suppose that I am loyal to the only family I can be. Myself. Until such day comes that a well respected mafioso of a higher rank than myself comes to this fair city and lays claim. When that happens, I would be more than happy to follow them into the pits of hell.

Report Post Tip

I don't know, man. I love looking in the streets for potential family prospects, but one of the qualities I look for is someone who has balls (or ovaries, as the case may be). Someone with nerves of steel, you know what I mean? I want to bring someone into the family who would be willing to shoot a man without a second thought, just because his Capo told him to do so.  A man who doesn't even have the nerve to violate his parole? FUGGEDABOUTIT!

Report Post Tip

There's a difference between breaking my parole and joining a family. If I travel right now, I'm breaking parole, and I have no connections. So the smart move is to not break my parole until I have those connections. I have balls, but I also have brains. You can only go so far in this thing of ours alone, and for me, that wouldn't be far at all, given my current limitations. Also, I'd risk taking potential family members down with me, which wouldn't put me in good favor with said family, either.

Report Post Tip

We all want and need connections in our world and sometimes we must either bend or break to get to where we want to be. It sounds to me like you want to get o the top, make some money and make your family proud by having a top notch mobster working under them.. the only issue is you are wandering a waste land that is filled with broken down buildings and bums walking the streets, especially find the old Godfather Hound set fire to half the city trying to find some good drugs and hookers before his death.. I know you do not want to break your parole but sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone and give things a shot to see where you end up..

Like an old friend once told me "Life is a gamble" and you never know til you throw those dice.. walk the streets of Boston and take your luck and hope a organization moves in by the time your protection given by the Godfathers run's out.. or take a stroll across the nation and find a place that fits you and your goals.

Report Post Tip

I am sure i can find you work in the Big Easy Bluewaffle and with a Good Irish Name like Flannery i could talk the people in Boston Around to wave your Parole, As a favour of cause though ultimately it is up to you.

Chris smiles and offers his hand to bluewaffle

Report Post Tip

These are all excellent suggestions for solutions, but I had one in mind that is just not being put out there. I am by no means trying to be difficult, but I know in my heart that I could not be happy for long outside Boston. It's my home, and I'm sure you understand that. But, I might be able to temporarily move my home outside the state, as long as my body remains in the state. So, I've heard tell that a city has laid claim to Boston, and I find that to be excellent. I've not been told what city, but if they deem me worthy of an invite, I would be happy to accept, with the limitation that I cannot leave the state until a solid foot hold has been built here in Boston.

It truly is best for all.

Report Post Tip

I for one am interested on how long you will last without a family. In all probability the life in the mafia is probably not for you since you can't break your parole. Within a family you would normally be expected to break alot more than that.

More importantly it appears you have chosen to call the bluff of the powers that be by making a stand saying "I won't join a family unless they meet my conditions".

That in itself is a most interesting event

Report Post Tip

It's always been that way. My family has always refused more invites than they've accepted, and always graciously. I truly appreciate the interest families find in my blood line, and myself, but I have my heart set on a Boston family, and want to help them become the best that they can be. I see nothing wrong with this, especially explaining up front that I would most likely be unfit with most other families. That kind of situation is not good for myself, but more importantly, it is not good for the family.

But, as I've stated already, if there is a family that would like to invite me, and are going to be moving to Boston in the future, I would be more than happy to mail in my tributes from Boston until such a time as the family moves head quarters.

Report Post Tip

That isn't the way it works. You know it. I know it. Everbody knows it.

Unaffiliated members of this community are given a very generous 48 hours to find a family. You are using that 48 hours to put forward forceful views that Boston should have a crew. You have already accepted that Boston has plans ready made for it so why don't we get to the point?

You seem to be putting forward views to force the leaders of this community to occupy Boston sooner than they see fit and I personally do not see why. People are not left to occupy cities on their own and it just is not going to happen.

Turning down invites, if you have requested them, I would see as disrespect. That is obviously up to the CL's involved to decide but unless they are whoring I do not see why you would turn down an invite.

You are gaining the attention to the occupation of Boston that you are craving. I hope that attempting to force the community to over stretch itself is worth it.

Report Post Tip

I've requested one invite. It's an open request to whomever is planning to move to Boston. The others have been generous offers from kind souls who don't wish to see me put to the gun in a few hours. I don't consider these as whoring, even though I haven't requested them, they were offered in good faith after long discussions.

And I am, by no means, attempting to force the cities to fill Boston earlier than their planned time. As I stated earlier, I would be more than happy to pledge my loyalty to a crew from a different city, but I could only do that if they were planning an "in-the-future" move to Boston.

I don't see this as disrespectful, and neither do the CLs that I've spoken to. In fact, I've held very civil, informative, and dare I say, enjoyable, conversations with most of the CLs around. I see them all as intelligent, hard working individuals, who seem a bit curious as to my stance. Sure, it's not the normal circumstances, but I have a history of being unique. I would rather be killed by a random gun, than possibly bring the police down on my known associates when my parole gets violated.

Report Post Tip

BlueWaffle,

If you are so eager for a city in Boston, then set the plan in motion to make it happen.
Honostly, if you are unable to fly out of Boston, you would be useless in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be associated with you. You would be limited in your income as well as  your usefulness at times of war. If you are on parole and are unable to figure out a way to get out of this, this shows that you were:

1) Not smart enough to not get caught.
2) Didn't have the connecitons needed to have the charges dropped.
3) Don't have the skills or abilities to get around without getting in trouble for violating your parole.

If you really yearn for a presence in Boston, why not go work for another city, prove your worth to not only your boss, but that city, as well as other cities, and make them believe that it would be beneficial for them to send you to Boston to start operations there.

Report Post Tip

Up until this time, I have been a lone Thug wandering the streets of Boston stealing a purse here and there. I managed to get myself into a mess of trouble about 2 years back, and you are correct, I didn't have the connections to get the charges dropped. And there's a simple reason for that. Connections are made when you have family. I have no family, I understand the need for a family. I'm not a one man show, I know I need a strong leader to guide me, and mold me into the best mafioso I can be.

I prove my worth by my knowingly standing before you, offering you my unending loyalty, to any crew that will find it's way to Boston in the future. In the last 2 years, I've made a lot of connections on the inside, but I cannot fully utilize these connections without the proper family backing. But, consider me a conduit for which the wheels of progress can begin to turn. I can open doors, grease palms, and send up tribute. I can offer my guidance, and my knowledge of the city.

The fact that I am stuck here in Boston is a blessing and a curse. Until I can get the proper family backing to intimidate the right people into dropping all charges, I can't get out of the city. But, the fact that I can't get out of the city, means I have had ample time to investigate every back alley and side street you can imagine. I know all the right spots, and can find fences for your stolen property in no time at all.

I'm just waiting for the right family to call me up.

Report Post Tip

If you simply need the backing of a family for you to obtain the powers needed to fly out of Boston, then you surely do not require that family to have future endevours in Boston, at least not any planned immediate ones.

Report Post Tip

No, sir, that is solely my love of my home town.

Report Post Tip

Which brings me back to my point. You would not make a useful member for an organization not stationed in Boston. To ask that a family to launch a presence in a city solely so that you can represent is foolish.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The State Of Things
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL