Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 19:32:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
BillyBathtub - Never outdone - Hospitalized Started by: Squishy on May 10, '12 06:13

Just an update for those who are interested:

Billy was released from the hospital Tuesday night, and has been at the Physical Therapy/Rehab hospital since, where they are working his butt (or hip and arm) off to get them back up to full strength. There was a slight infection scare Friday night, but it was caught early enough that it didn't get to any surgical sites, and Billy's on antibiotics as I type this. It will be weeks yet until he's up and about and mobile on his own, but he's determined and we're all ready for the uphill battle.

I personally want to take the time to thank everyone who has contacted Billy during this strange, painful time. Those who have visited in person, called, written cards, sent stuffed animals and even desserts (thanks DeadlySin and Sparkles for the cookie- I know it was for Billy but I took a bite anyway, it was delicious :P), you have my forever thanks and gratitude.

It is definitely times like these when I realize just how much this community means to everyone who is apart of it; for me personally, this is the website that introduced me to my future husband, some of the best friends I've had in my entire life, and countless other buddies that make you feel like you haven't left even if you've been gone a year. It is people like this, people like all of you, that make this place as amazing as it is. Especially during a time like this- every well wish has been appreciated, from every single person that has sent them. Thank you all once more, I am forever grateful for the MafiaReturns community.

Report Post Tip

Glad to hear he is on the right path to recovery. Thanks for the update.

If i break something do i get a cookie too? :p

Report Post Tip

Been meaning to post for awhile sadly havent gotten round to it. was a huge shock to hear about billy hurt in such a way just relieved to knows he back on the mend it may be a long road to recovery but we all iknow he will push though it in no time!

Get well soon Billy

Report Post Tip

i must admit, this is something i wouldn't wish on anyone.  Wish you a speedy recovery.

Report Post Tip

My prayers are with Billy for a quick recovery, along with his family and Kendra as they assist him. Get well soon, sir.

Report Post Tip

Brian, I hope you get better soon man... we all miss you!

Report Post Tip

Is there any update on how its going for BillyBathtub now ?

Report Post Tip

Brian is doing well at the rehab hospital, it looks like they will be discharging him in the middle of the month, where he will then begin out-patient rehab. Hes been able to build up his muscles back to a point where he is now able to stand on his good leg, and is able to transfer from bed to wheelchair a lot easier now, but these will all become all trivial things in about 2-3 weeks when he can start using his right arm again. Once he can use his right arm, he should be able to handle things by himself. Hes doing awesome and we are proud of all the progress he is making on a daily basis. He really is kicking rehabs ass :)

Report Post Tip

thank you Squishy for the update

Good to hear that he is getting better :)

Report Post Tip

Get well Soon Brian Haveing spent time doing rehab myself do to medical reasons i know how frustrating it can be, My thoughts are with you as you travel down the road to recovery.

Report Post Tip

Brian is soon moving onto the last leg (har har?) of his rehab. Wednesday he will be discharged from the rehab hospital and go to spend a few weeks at his parents house (his own apartment is on the second floor, which just isn't feasible yet). There he will have a rehab person go to the house a few times a week and finish off his rehabilitation until he is able to be mobile enough to go to out-patient therapy.

He right arm is now healed enough that he is cleared to use it, so hes now putzing about with a walker and is able to do short distances. If things go right, at the beginning of next month he will start being able to put weight on his right leg, and can then safely go to back to his own apartment (damn those 2nd floor steps!)

Thanks again for all your support during this time,

Thanks again!

Scott

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: BillyBathtub - Never outdone - Hospitalized
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL