Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 02:31:46
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
8th Round Boxing Arena Competition Started by: Ladyfighter on Jun 25, '12 20:29

Ladyfighter joined DeadlySin, Phil_Steak and Neon in their journey to New York. They were invited to a big party. At the time of the invitation was received, there was no word on what the celebration of this party would be. But entering New York it was clear that the city head Marston was appointed Godfather of New York.

Ladyfighter followed Deadlysin, Phil_Steak and Neon to the main hall of the Municipality where Marston was standing in the middle. He was taking all the congratulations and smiling to everyone. DeadlySin was the first to celebrate Marston. He hugged Marston and told him:
"Well done, brother". Ladyfighter was shy, but told herself that becoming Godfather was a big achievement in our world so it was worth getting over her shyness to congratulate Marston on this.

Ladyfighter was about to give Marston her hand to tell him how proud she was when a big voice from behind Marston shouted: "HOLD ON THERE, WAIT A SECOND". Immediately Ladyfighter turned around and looked at the man in shock. Because she was rarely ever in New York she did not recognize the shouting man.

"I know this girl Marston, at least I think I know her. She looks exactly like a Lady who once lived in New York and had a boxing ring running here. You must be her daughter. Am I right? I am Jim Howe, I was a huge fan of your mother and always took care of her safety".

Glad that she had done nothing wrong, Ladyfighter acknowledged she was indeed the daugher of the Lady who ran the boxing ring. Her mother's diary told about these exciting boxing fights.

Marston started to laugh and said: "Oh man, Jim Howe, you had an eye on Ladyfighter's mom didnt you? You were extra protective towards her, right?"

Jim Howe started to blush and looked the other way. "Well Marston, you might be right there".

From a distance DeadlySin watched the conversation taking place near Marston. He walked back to them to see if there was a problem. "There is no problem Deadlysin", Marston said, "Jim Howe only told us Ladyfighter's mom was the one who was organising the boxing fights". "Is this true Ladyfighter?", DeadlySin asked. "Yes sir, it is. The boxing fights were popular, but my mother could not finish the last round".

"Ladyfighter, I think it would be a good idea if you started these boxing events again. You can do this too, I know your organising talent. You must have inherited that from your mother. As soon as we are back in Philadelphia, you should make an announcement to start another round".

Ladyfighter smiled when she heard the compliments given by her city Godfather DeadlySin. "Thank you sir, I will start the 8th round when we are back in Philadelphia then".

The whole evening at the party and even on the way back to Philadelphia, Ladyfighter kept on smiling and as soon as they arrived home, she went into her office and started writing the announcement.

Ladies and Gentlemen

I am proud to announce the 8th Boxing round.

This will be a round with 16 fighters, and as always dices will appoint the winner.

Participating is easy, just write a small application here and I will put you on the list.

As soon as the 16 names are in, the round will start.

Get your place in the boxing fights today.

Ladyfighter

Report Post Tip

Frank Ocean skipping to the new signing of the infamous Boxing Arena. He goes up to the signing list and places his name:

Frank_Ocean

Report Post Tip

It has been a long time since I gave boxing a go but I will give it a whirl.

Master_Oogway signs his name on to the list

Report Post Tip

I've never tried anything like this before but I reckon I could handle myself in the ring...sign me up!!

Mr_White signs his name on the dotted line

Report Post Tip

Here Comes The Boom... I'm in.

Incendie wrote his name on the list and stared down his fellow competitors before walking away.

Report Post Tip

Marston wakes the morning (afternoon) after all of the celebrations, his eyes are blurry, his head pounding and his insides screaming from the alcohol abuse. He staggers into the bathroom and throws cold water into his face in attempt to wake himself up. He looks in the mirror to get a good look at the damage done, and shakes his head. He'd not worked out for some time now, and was certainly feeling and seeing the effects.

He heads over to a closet and starts searching through it, pulling out bits and bobs, until he finds what he is looking for. He wipes the dust from his boxing gloves and heads straight to the boxing gym. As he walks in his old trainer's eyes light up in shock and he heads straight over to him.

Trainer: Godfather! You're looking sharp, you're looking like a champ, you look like...
Marston: JOE! If I wanted my ass kissed, I wouldn't have come here, give it to me straight...
Trainer: John... You're looking weak, you look like a strong breeze would put you on your ass!
Marston: Okay, that's b...
Trainer: You're looking chubby, you're looking slow... You look like a bitch!

CRACKKK!!!

Trainer Joe picks himself up off the floor, cracks his Jaw back into place, and smiles...

Trainer: That's the spirit kiddo!! Let's go...
Marston: So what have you got for me Joe? You know I train harder when there's incentive.
Trainer: We got a knockout style competition coming up... 16 fighters, 1 champion.
Marston: That sounds familiar, did you tell me about this before?
Trainer: No, this one was just announced last night! You interested?
Marston: Sign me up!

Marston heads straight over to the heavy bag to begin training for the competition...

Report Post Tip

TheGentleDon walks by the boxing arena " Well theres a first for everything im in."

TheGentleDon signs his name and walks out.

Report Post Tip

Screams as hard as he could through the crowd.

SIGN ME UP!

Runs off to the shop to buy boxing gloves.

Report Post Tip

Count me in

Report Post Tip

Drake walks up to the table with gloves hanging over his shoulder. He reaches for the pen and signs on the dotted line.

Report Post Tip

Bartimaeus walks up to the sign up sheet and scans the names.

I see very interesting, lets see how this goes down shall we.

Signing his man upon the dotted line Bartimeaus heads out to his trainer to prepare for this boxing tourney. As he leaves, he thinks to himself "Goodluck all your going to need it".

Report Post Tip

Philli remembered his granddaddy being a pretty well versed boxer, and the old man had taught him a thing or two, then left him a name.

"hello, joe? Yes, It's philli-stein. Yeah, his grandkid. You hear about ladyfighters kid? I'm going in for it, you game to help me? great"

Philli signs his name on a small piece of paper and sends it to ladyfighter with the words" count me in"

Report Post Tip

NikoBellic walks directly up to the desk, cutting the lineup. A few rough looking men yell at him.

"Hey, there's a line buddy!"

Niko walks on, as if he didn't hear anything, he mumbles to himself.

"Shit don't phase me."

Niko signs his name of the list and walks away, time to get ready for the first round, by drinking. Everyone knows you fight better when drunk, movements are more fluid.

Report Post Tip

After paying heave attention to what was going on here and without any hesitations Intrigue decided to throw her own name into the hat too! "Put my name down "she said!

As she was leaving she took a look at her nails and laughed saying "I ain't afraid of them breaking!"

Report Post Tip

~Being relatively unknown in the area, Pharaoh quietly enters and waits his turn to sign the roster~

Pharaoh

~Leaving as quietly as he entered, Pharaoh saunters off to HQ to get some help with training~

Report Post Tip

Slash notices the space for names is quickly filling as always. Eager to smash someones face in, he scribbles his name down to ensure he gets a spot in the ring

Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak heard rumors that Marston had been training hard for this fight. Back when Phil_Steak was only 14 years old, Marston had given him a whooping for their age bracket, which gave Phil his first loss and ultimately drove him away from boxing, although he continued to train.
Phil_Steak decides to enter this contest, now ready to overcome his childhood trauma and lay Marston flat on his back.

I'm in, let's do this!  

Report Post Tip

Deadly was on one of his regular visits to New York, visiting the businesses around the area and checking in with LadyFighter. He sees the boxing competition and takes a closer look..

LadyFighter, I would like to enter this contest. None of my bloodline have tried boxing before, and I feel that I should have an attempt at it. I will find myself the best trainer that money can buy!

Deadly eagerly scrawls down his name before finding the nearest phone book to search for a trainer.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure if I'm in time, but I would surely give it a try...

Report Post Tip

Looks like we should put in a request to make it with 24 fighters or perhaps even 32. We already got 18 names very quickly...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 8th Round Boxing Arena Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL