Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 23:16:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What Next for New York? Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Jul 11, '12 00:05

"After the death of Godfather Marston it was only a matter of time before Manius and his family attacked the other families in New York "

This is such utter bullshit.  Manius comes from a distinguished bloodline, is it the kind of stroke that his forefathers would have pulled?  No, it's not.  Not at all.  If he wanted the top seat, he could have manouvered the table without firing a shot.

New York shot Manius but the bullet has richocheted and landed in their collective foot.  Manius, and his deceased friend Kurtz, stood head and shoulders above the rabble that is left in New York.  The rabble with squabble and fuss and fight.  They are weaker now than they were - and they have shown that they can't be trusted and that they have no loyalty.

Theirs is a bittersweet victory.  And they will reap a bitter, bitter harvest.

Who now would join New York?  A city that turns on it own because, by their own admission, they didn't get enough attention?  To kill someone for not paying you attention is the signs of epic dysfunction.  And New York is now a dysfunctional city.

Kurtz & Manius are now gone.  Two of the most esteemed bloodlines of this thing of ours.  One taken tragically due a gun malfunction.  Another killed by Judas-eque low lives to consolidate their own power.

Those that attacked tonight, what do you think you have done?  Will the bloodline of Manius return?  If it doesn't, it's unlikely that Kurtz's will either.  

Are you happy?  Happy that at a time of population shortage, two legendary, effective, dedicated bloodlines are gone and, in their place, New York is now run by a gaggle of pirates?

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Report Post Tip

Mr. Galt looks around and sees the crowds eying him with anticipation. He pounds one of his signature "DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!" signs into the ground in front of Mr. Kuklinski, strikes a pose, and walks away to the roaring adulation of the crowds.

Report Post Tip

JohnGalt, will you PLEASE stop trying to steal my thunder?

Go and get your own place in the sun.  And I'll need a receipt for your credit purchases.

Report Post Tip

JohnGalt for President

Report Post Tip

See's a peanut on the floor in front of the troll and picks it up

Sorry man sign says your not allowed it.

Report Post Tip

Bill staggers up utterly shitfaced, dressed as a pirate with the eye patch and the whole shabang. He takes a swig from his hipflask before addressing that masses.

I don't want to get into the whole classification of living creatures but i'm pretty sure pirates are in "crews" opposed to "gaggles" i'm pretty sure it's geese that live in gaggles. anyways, i'm off to get pissed. I mean... i have important business to attend to.

Bill staggers off before tripping arse over tit over John Galt's excellent sign

I'm sowwwiiieee John.

Report Post Tip

I think its funny that whenever this guy comes to the street no matter how well put, well thought out, or well stated his arguments are people still say, "Don't feed the trolls." 

Sometimes I think some of you can't tell a troll from someone stating a point that you dont want to hear, regardless of its validity. 

TickleMyPicklesPapa tickles his pickle while looking at the number of views this thread has already gotten. 

Now then, if any of you need a pickle tickled, you know who to papa. 

Report Post Tip

I think its funny that whenever this guy comes to the street no matter how well put, well thought out, or well stated his arguments are people still say, "Don't feed the trolls."

False. You will notice I did not signpost his previous thread on the duties of a leader, but immediately signposted this one.

Report Post Tip

Mr. JohnGalt, while you are probably so important that merely saying people might very well mean you, I believe one Meph posted in your absense in that other speech over there.

Report Post Tip

Anyone wanting to see JohnGalt's qualifications for Street speaking, check his performance here on the Streets, pitiful. He tries to get negative attention by slandering me, it's sad really. I'd help him write if he asked. 

Report Post Tip

Mr_Kuklinski, your speech was simply a personal attack on the leaders of New York with personal and harsh criticism. The end of the war was nearly 24 hours ago and we as a society are looking towards the future rather than slandering the actions of the cities involved in the war - we have seen plenty of that at times over the last 48 hours. I'm disappointed by this speech as in contrast to your one on leadership, it does NOT look towards the future and to how the situation can be resolved.

Report Post Tip

Utopia, how does depriving this thing of one, possibly two, of the most effective and dedicated bloodlines do anything to advance it?  That's what is at stake here.

Report Post Tip

I feel as if these "Do not feed the troll" signs that seem to be becoming trendy do little but proactively cease discussion where the general outcry is that we should be encouraging more of it. Even in cases like these, all that ends up being spoken about is the sign and not the topic itself. Controvery can be met with more than slander and insults and simply hammering a sign into the ground doesn't exactly mean we've taken the high road.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure it is the bloodlines themselves choosing to depart, rather than anyone forcing them away.

If their next of kin doesn't take up our way of life because of the manner in which their predecessor died, that is an issue they need to resolve themselves.

Nobody else is responsible for that.

Report Post Tip

On expansion of Grin's point, these bloodlines may have chosen to leave our way of life and as exceptionally talented as they are would it not be nice to see the development of new talents and bloodlines rather than the same old monotony of the same bloodlines repeating heroics time after time?

If we are to evolve around our ever changing environment then we need to invest in the young associates of our families to create a new generation of talented, good earning, heavy hitting mobsters.

Report Post Tip

Mr Williamson, you make a good point, but I ask you this: who will train this new and developing bloodlines?

Yes, it needs to happen.  But imagine this.  There are lots of new people who want to take up a new hobby, for example rollerskating.  They get over the trauma of being interested in such a traditionally feminine passtime, strap on the skates and take to the Streets.  What happens then?  The youngsters are skating about, falling, crashing into each other and people are starting to point at them and look.  We need experienced rollerskaters to guide the young, budding rollerskaters.

Do you see what I mean?

Report Post Tip

In answer to your wonderfully constructed metaphor based on such a fascinating topic i answer:

There are still a great number of experienced and very talented mobsters upon our shores. Surely you cannot suggest that Manuis and Kurtz would've been responsible for the development of every young, up and coming mobster? That would be rather delusional.

Many families have a designated position, filled by an experienced bloodline, responsible for the teaching and development of these mafioso. You should visit one of their offices, you may learn a thing or two.

Report Post Tip

Reading through my great grand-fathers journals from the Roman/Premier era, he has written how people moaned about how unsatisfactory and boring life was. Very little conflict. All anyone did was sit around, make money and wank. It was an era when everyone ranked to Don, got IWP'd, then wanked back up to Don. And with that, people got bored.

According to said journals, people were leaving these shores at an alarming rate, most getting on the boat back to the motherland to live a more exciting life in Napoli, Plamero and 1 even for Sweden. The worry was that it was this bored, this lack of action, the lack of wars driving them away.

And now we come to today. People are leaving apparently. Fed up with their parents getting killed. so they are choosing not to enter a life of crime. Choosing instead to immigrate to Canada where things are slower paced and not much happens bar moose hunting. They are leaving due to excitement, due to action, due to wars.

To sum up, people will leave. They leave because life is boring. They leave becasue there are wars. whatever their reason, they will leave. There is nothing we can do. And remember, this is mafia. People die. There are wars. If you can not handle your father dying, maybe you should of told him to retire from this life a long time ago...

Report Post Tip

Mr Williamson,

For the sake of this discussion, let us call the designated training office The Roller Skating Pet Shop (TRSPS).  I am unable to access TRSPS because I am bloodline hunted mercillessly.

DanK, you're starting to hit the nail on the head.  There needs to be more killing but less wars.  The HQ fortifications are a bad, bad, retrograde idea, IMHO.  More protection is not necessarily a good thing.

Report Post Tip

Maybe if you channeled your energies into something more productive and people friendly than constantly calling out leaders and making sporadic, aimless, threats to murder countless people you would not be bloodlined so mercilessly. Every action has an opposite and equal reaction, Mr.Kuklinsi. If you continue with your bad actions you will be greeted with an equally bad reaction. ie a bullet to the skull.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What Next for New York?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL