Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:20:45
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Questions must be asked Started by: Slimer on Jul 13, '12 00:08

Walking through the streets the spectral figure wondered what was going on. He wasn't long to these shores but he had heard tale of a rogue and had noticed some rather interesting deaths. Wanting to find out more information he made his way to a news stand where a group were gathered

Greetings, I have recently come to these shores having heard tale of the opportunities that are available to men and women who are willing to get their hands dirty at times. I also heard about the ways of this life, honour, respect, trust and loyalty that can only come from the bonds that are grown. However since arriving I have heard that there is something not quite right.
It seems that the former Lhm of Apples has decided to go it alone. At first I thought that maybe they were hungry for power of their own, but then after a little digging. I found that those who were being killed were people who had been members of Apples. This is something that strikes me as odd.

If the former Lhm of Apples is killing her members it leaves some interesting questions to answer about the quality of Apples leadership, for what I can find this rogue Aruba is not known by any other name. As we all know when you're in a position of responsibility in a family it is usually taken for granted that you are known to at least the crew leader themselves. But then I found out that Apples has some strange idea that to be in a position of responsibility you must be of a certain rank. While this is a commendable idea, the logic is slightly flawed, for surely to be in a position of responsibility there must be a strong level of trust between the leader and the member. If Apples wasn't aware of whom this rogue actually is, and then I have to ask what in her right mind possessed her to place him in a position of responsibility?

Also there are other questions to be asked as well, see the way I can see it. Aruba is a product of Apples own making, either he was placed in that position and then treated unfairly to cause him to strike out against Apples, or he had this planned from the very beginning. Which means that Apples or their line has previously pissed someone off enough for them to go to all the trouble to integrate themselves within her family with this moment as the end game?

So now I have to ask this of the other leaders in New York, in fact not just New York but all the cities. Here you have before you a crew leader, someone in a position of power and responsibility. Who's job it is to safeguard her own members and she has allowed this rogue to grow and mature right under her very nose. How is this good leadership?

Maybe now is the time for each of you to take a long hard look at Apples and ask yourselves is this really a person who we want among our ranks? The role of crew leader is one that is craved by many, however can only truly be done properly by those who actually lead and from my lines experience those who lead the best are those who know who they place in positions of responsibility. They trust them enough to be responsible for ever other person who is in that crew, who when joining have pledged their loyalty under the promise of protection from situations just like this.

There are lessons to be learnt here I feel. I'm just a youngster in this life. But well even I can see that the leadership of Apples and possibly even the decision of Godfather Marston to auth her in the first place?

Report Post Tip

Okay so I have been contacted in private saying that Marston was not the one to auth Apples and it was JackPepper. So my notes got a little messed up due to my condition and I could read them properly.

However Leonardo_Da_Vinci, there are other questions in there. so rather than picking up on one inaccuracy. How about having a stab at the more relevant questions?

Report Post Tip

Sorry again, my condition. I make mistakes, I obviously meant could not read them properly.

Report Post Tip

A few people manufactured a reason to kill someone and they were incapable of actually doing it so they spread a made up story that said person was the evil in this world. I don't pretend to know how you have the information to question the leadership of a city on how they choose hands but some people are impressionable enough to be swayed by the talk of people who sound important (even if they aren't). The street is filled with speeches like that.

A person defends their family and earns responsibility and then throws it away to fit in with the wrong crowd because they say things that sound true and think they'll be rewarded for it. Its unfortunate and unforeseeable but its not a story thats unheard of and certainly isn't something that proves the quality of someone's leadership as many people who are considered great leaders have had rogues come from their ranks.

This is more of an indictment on the personalities and shameless behavior of the people died than proof of anything regarding anyone who survived.

You could get your "facts" straight before you question the leadership of one of the most capable and one of the best leaders on these streets.

Report Post Tip

Actually, it was Marston who authed Apples, not JackPepper.

Report Post Tip

From what I have read in transcripts on these streets where Apples said and yes I will quote

It is unrealistic to have a Capo in a family taking orders from someone who either has not yet made their bones, or who has recently lost their button for some reason.

Now I can understand the sentiment that lies with this. What I do find a little hard to believe is that she would put someone in a role who she didn't truly know, when she quite clearly had someone like you who jumps to defend her and could trust in a position of responsibility.

By doing so she placed her entire crew at risk.

Oh and as for getting my facts straight, you think the rogue just threw their position away, how do you know that this wasn't planned from the very beginning? Have you thought that maybe the person was cunning enough to get himself into a position of responsibility so he could do as much damage as possible?

turns to Johngalt

I do apologise sir, I had thought my notes were correct. However as I stated I was corrected so felt I should come out here before anyone else jumped on it. I meant no disrespect to the memory of JackPepper.

Report Post Tip

ive worked with apples bloodline numerous times. she has always been professional honest and willing to educate. calling for her head is uncalled for. a rogue with a vendetta agianst her doesnt diminish her abilities as a leader

Report Post Tip

Well that might not but some of her members might be interested to know this small snippet of information that I heard on a tape recording.

Produces a player, inserts the tape and presses play

Conversation recorder started at 14:15, Agent ZacharyThrall out of New York attending, on the tape a known informant is in discussion with the mob boss known as Apples aka Eve

[14:15] will you add batman to the room please?
[14:16] <????> ugh @ that guy
[14:16] lol
[14:16] ty
[14:16] <?????> he's added
[14:16] ty
[14:17] <3
[14:17] <?????> keep a close eye on him
[14:17] yeah... he has 92 kills though
[14:17] i think hes playin straight
[14:18] <?????> he was palying straight in NY but still caused a problem
[14:18] when he was in NO with us, he was super retarded all the time
[14:18] so yeah, i know him lol
[14:35] lol ghost is being such a dick
[14:35] how does he not get killed on every character

Report Post Tip

While completely unnecessary, I will enlighten you on a few points Slimer. Before I was a man in this world and ventured out on my own in seek of a family, I discovered and read my father's journal. It detailed a rather enjoyable experience in New York under the guidance of Apples in Original Sin. He wrote his feelings of high regard felt by both her RHM, LHM, and all members he ever crossed. And I'll tell you, my father attempted to be a social butterfly with all who sported the Original Sin tattoo - which actually must have been rather annoying.

My bloodline holds no coffee shop alliance and the opinion of my father is not influenced by any group of prestigious individuals or bloodlines. No, not even when they come together and collectively attack the leadership capability and character of said individual. Even when threatened with certain death for following in my father's footsteps and joining Apples, allowing her to provide a young man protection in this crazy world, will I change my current opinion of her.

You attempt to highlight the fact that Aruba spent a short time as the LHM of Original Sin for whatever reason. In all your family tree, have you not seen those in hand positions turn against their leader? Haven't we seen this time and time again throughout history? Yet, somehow Apples situation is unique, right?

The New York crew leaders made a decision that fateful morning and the Joy Division was warred. For better or worse, New York will never be the same. That is unquestionable. But at what point do the children of those who died move on? Are you destined to live a life filled with hate and walk the streets blinded by rage and revenge? 

Report Post Tip

If you live long enough even a hero can become a villian. We're not talking about someone who did absolutely nothing but someone who stepped up and supported the crew in its time of need. People do what may border on insane amounts of work just to throw it away at the first opportunity.

Sometimes you just can't know what goes through the mind of another person and can only work to the actions of that person. Just for your information, I'm willing to say it wasn't planned "from the start" or for any significant amount of time based on the history of the person.

Also, you can put whatever recordings of things I've said together and put me in whatever light you want. I haven't had to bash you at all to get my point across.

Report Post Tip

Due to a problem with the tape it did not play properly. However the problem has been fixed and I think you may find it a little more illuminating.

Produces the player again, re-inserts the tape and presses play

Conversation recorder started at 14:15, Agent ZacharyThrall out of New York attending, on the tape a known informant who's name has been redacted for their own protection is in discussion with the mob boss known as Apples aka Eve

[14:15] Eve: will you add batman to the room please?
[14:16] Redacted: ugh @ that guy
[14:16] Eve: lol
[14:16] Eve: ty
[14:16] Redacted he's added
[14:16] Eve: ty
[14:17] Eve: <3
[14:17] Redacted keep a close eye on him
[14:17] Eve: yeah... he has 92 kills though
[14:17] Eve: i think hes playin straight
[14:18] Redacted he was palying straight in NY but still caused a problem
[14:18] Eve: when he was in NO with us, he was super retarded all the time
[14:18] Eve: so yeah, i know him lol
[14:35] Eve: lol ghost is being such a dick

Oh there is one thing that you have said that interests me, what exactly of your former history to be able to come to the assumption that this wasn't planned from the very beginning?

Report Post Tip

Producing another tape Slimer inserts it and presses play.

This is Agent ZacharyThrall out of the New York office, again we have the known informant name again redacted, in conversation with the mob boss Apples aka Eve.

[22:15] Eve: and he wrote to brick... "dont know why you sent me a random invite, but im bored so ill take it"
[22:15] Eve: jackass
[22:16] Redacted: lol you should kill him
[22:17] Eve: he will build a gun
[22:17] Redacted: hey it's your headache
[22:18] Eve: idk youre prolly right
[22:18] Eve: who acts like that

Report Post Tip

Is there really any need for your reporters name to be redacted? The only people your holding that name from is the public you so wish to sway opinion with. Anyone else that was in that Coffee shop is now aware of exactly who recorded the conversation for you.

Report Post Tip

Welcome to our fair streets Slimer. It's always interesting to see some no mark come out to our streets and insult the current leaders, whilst you hold no rank, button or sign of any sponsorship.

Apples is a close friend of mine and I believe her leadership skills to be fantastic. She puts 110% into this city and her contribution to its running. Her bloodline has a wealth of experience and she is an extremely talented mobster. Who she employs as her hands is none of your business. Many years ago our shores were the home to many rogues so I don't think you can assume that one former hand who lost it and went a little crazy can be blamed on Apples. Who I, and the rest of our fair city believe to be a more than capable and I would say exceptional leader.

If you believe New York has such short comings then here's a plan for you. Stop chatting shit about people who have earned their privelege. Rank up and get auth yourself, then you can show us all how to lead a family before further lecturing us.

Report Post Tip

Slash this information was obtained from an alledged corrupt agent out of New York, the name was redacted by the agent before it was passed to me. However as thos was a conversation between then and Apples her name was left in becuase she knows snd may very well have transcripts of the very same conversation herself.

Bill I will say only this, while I am unknown to these streets and for those who think My line was a former member of Joy Division I can honestly say that My line did not work put of New York. Not since the days of Whatshername. I was passed this information and felt that the the people of New York deserved to know the truth. Especially the offspring of Ghost who has come to the streets to defend her as i felt he should know that she obviously did not hold him jn as high a regard as he holds for her.

Report Post Tip

I ran in these streets in the days of Whatsername and me and Apples bloodline have been on opposite sides of war zones to the point where I called out the world of leaders myself however at the time I had more of a footing to do so. I respect everything that eve has achieved in her time here. She is a crewleader in my city and I will back her every step of the way. Like I said, if you want things to change don't come here calling her out, rank up and do something about it. I'll still be waiting by her side to defend her to my last breath.

Report Post Tip

So wait... let me get this straight.

Apples invited someone who she suspected was new to our into her family. Gave them guidance and helped them out when she could. This person worked their way through the ranks, doing everything they could to impress her. Then he was Made, continued to impress, was on HER side during the latest war and she figured "hey... why not give this absolute gem of a newbie a chance in a real position of authority?".

This "newbie" then stabs her in the back, kills HER crew, which she is left to grieve for AND it's all her fault?

GET.

A.

FUCKING.

GRIP.

SON.

Report Post Tip

What you all fail to think about is this was planned before Aruba even came to these shores. This person managed to fool Apples into giving them a position of authority. As I understand it Apples considers it wiser to have a ranked person as her hands over someone she knows and trusts. It has for a long time in this world been accepted that those chosen to fullfill Rhm and Lhm roles should be trusted to the nth degree. By chosing Aruba over those who she trusted more purely due to the fact the weren't ranked seems to me to be a serious flaw in a crew leaders role and ability to protect their own family from such events.

Report Post Tip

I didn't fail to think about it at all, we are just not psychic. When someone passes all the tests, it's hard not to trust. Some turn into marvellous leaders of wit, courage and honour... some... are Aruba's.

Report Post Tip

Aruba could have gone on to become the most powerful Godfather in this world one day, killing whoever he wanted if he had that urge... he was stronger than a good 80% of us after recent deaths judging by the strength of his kills.

I figure he lost out just as much last night as well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Questions must be asked
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL