Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:42:47
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Mafia survivor-auth! Started by: DiscoDuck on Oct 09, '07 14:01
There have been a lot of questions about who\'s getting Authed to run their own family. And quite frankly, we at the AGF counsel believe that the normal way of getting auth is sometimes biased and a bit boring.

So—we\'ve come up with a wonderful, twisted, and ingenious idea for getting auth! If you don\'t want to work your way up the normal way, proving your worth to some boss day after day—if you\'d rather take your chances and prove yourselves on the street, with absolutely nobody being able to tell you what to do—now\'s your chance!

The AGF counsel is currently interviewing volunteers for the Mafia Survivor Contest: A number of new Mafiosos will be selected to compete in a kill-or-be-killed race to Wise Guy. They\'ll all start as civilians on the same day, and whoever outlives their opponents and reaches Wise Guy first will be given Auth! Yes, you heard me—AUTH!!!

I know you\'ve got questions, like—won\'t people just kill me because I\'m unsponsored? The fact is that the AGFs have all agreed to forbid the shooting of any contest participants. You will all have very easy-to-see TAGS in your profiles and obnoxiously bright MAFIA SURVIVOR logos on your pics. And we\'ll mobmail everyone in our families every single day to remind them that to shoot at you means their deaths. No questions asked, no explanations accepted! (but don\'t shoot at anybody in the sponsored families or your participation in the competition will be terminated...) Furthermore, we\'ll be on a heightened alert to kill any other unsponsoreds out there.

Also—the contest participants are allowed to train on IAs and any unsponsoreds.

IMPORTANT—you will have to be willing to start over (give up your current character) and start on the same day all together (date TBD)

NO BODYGUARDS ALLOWED!!!! Any contest participant that ever uses a BG will be terminated.

The final survivor will be bought 2 BGs and a 25 HQ by the AGF counsel. Does it get any better than that? No—it doesn\'t. Talk to your CL, and if you get permission to participate, send in your applications to DiscoDuck today!
Report Post Tip
Which city will be bestowed upon the lucky Wise Guy - or even Wise Guys if two mobsters make minimum time, whatever will happen then?

Moreso, what if no one manages to drag themselves to WG?
Report Post Tip
You do know it\'s not possible to reach WG without a sponsor, right?
Report Post Tip
That was my second question.
Report Post Tip
I guess you would have to get sponsored and promoted to wiseguy at your min time then dropped?
Report Post Tip
You\'ll need to make the TIME to WG, not necessarily the points. And yes, you\'ll need to be an Earner. If you get killed, you can reenter the competition with your new character.

And the entire AGF counsel is behind this--we will mail our families with the names of the participants every day, expressly forbidding shooting/mugging them and such.
Report Post Tip
Sounds interesting, but do you think a lovely message from the leaders will be effective enough to prevent people from trying to feast on 10 unsponsored gangster/goomba/earners?

With the wack-happy system we have in place now, I really doubt anyone would listen to a \"plz don\'t shoot.\" I know I wouldn\'t.

I usually fill the role of devil\'s advocate.
Report Post Tip
Interesting idea..

We will only know if it works if we try.

Good work and I hope it turns out well..

It is nice to see a system in place that makes it so we dont have the same people in a position of power all the time.. like it use to be.
Report Post Tip
When you say candidates will be allowed to train their gun on unsponsoreds, does this include each other? And you have explicitly forbidden the hiring of bodyguards, will this encompass the use of poor shots to help defend them?

Apologies for the third degree, but one cannot help but be curious about such an...foreign concept, no?
Report Post Tip
The participants can definitely train their guns on each other. And although there are no BGs allowed, they can do whatever else they think is best to try and win. (however, if we catch wind that anyone outside the competition is proing them, that person will be killed without remorse)

There can be only one. Killing your competition will definitely give you a head start. (And again, they can start over if they want.)
Report Post Tip
I like this idea, but i have to agree with BA on this, do you think a mass mail to your family and through other families are going to stop the itchy trigger fingers.

For instance, one of my fore fathers spent like 50K looking to get a legit unsponsered shot, only to find that all where pro\'d, and then went just on a random shot. This is something that is not in my blood line, but when you get wound up and your looking for blood you will do what shouldnt be done.

Also would you be able to make a more clear indication as to a start date?
Report Post Tip
Great !!

Another cycle in the cycle..

Guaranteed more bloodshed.

Just what we need innit...
Report Post Tip
I\'d do it if bodyguards were allowed. I think that would be cool. =)
Report Post Tip
WELCOME TO THE THUNDER DOME, 10 MAN ENTER, 1 MAN LEAVE!
Report Post Tip
I_Said_Dont_Shoot

This isn\'t a cycle...
Report Post Tip
Supreme..

Exactly ?

Thats why I wonder why we would need that..

But everyone to his own ...
Report Post Tip
He who leads the plebs may entertain himself as he wishes...

Originality ableit attempted is still originality
Report Post Tip
This is definately an interesting take on the old system of open a city allow a certain number of people to take auth and then see who survives at the end of say 3 days or 10 days in this case.
Report Post Tip
hmm. So the AGF(C), there going to fork out nearly 7 mill? and how do you know with in the next 10 days the rank for a HQ will not go back up to MadeMan, also what happens if you do this for 10 days and dont get WG at the end of it you have the Auth but need the rank? What about them random wackers out there who come into the mafia world do the pettyies and s/he trys and wack\'s you,

Not saying that mite happen but most of the time yeh. They get lucky you mite be a few days into it and bang your fucked, start over agian say all of the 10 people dies need tp start over and over untill someone gets end it.

am not going to sit here and say this is a bad idea but i do like it but the odds are very slim.

ok,

why not try this,

am sure half of you know good wack answears \"yeh i do to\" but why not give the 10 people the same 10 wack answears or defeance they will have the same chances it will be 50-50 so really they will have to sort them.

just an idea.
Report Post Tip
Because this is a competition based on skill and knowledge. If someone is smart enough, they can survive.

Yes, we will fork out 7m.

If you don\'t make the rank then you obviously haven\'t \"won\" the competition.

And if you don\'t want to run the risk of getting killed by random wackers, then don\'t. This is a competition for people with testicular fortitude. Mommy can\'t hold your hand through this one?

Would you like anymore questions answered?

SWYW
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafia survivor-auth!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL