Get Timers Now!
X

Jun 02 - 17:00:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Book-Cadillac Hotel Started by: Undercover-Angel on Jul 21, '12 20:49

The Book-Cadillac Hotel

Warped had heard if you had to stay in Detroit, this was the place. She entered the Hotel and looked around. Not bad. Not bad at all. She noticed a couple loud men at the counter. Great. Just what she needed after a long day! She tapped her foot while waiting for them to decide on a room. After considerable time of these clowns doing everything but register, Warped picked up a brochure and looked at it.

The Venetian Room, a  formal dining room sure to impress located on the main floorThe Esquire Room and the Cadillac Cafe' are sure to attract the every day traveller. Room Service is available 24/7. Just dial #9 for service. Breakfast tags are available for your convenience!The extravagant Grand Ballroom is available for all of your special occasions. See the front desk for availability. The Book-Cadillac Hotel has two bars for your enjoyment.  (The Coctail Room and Motor Bar)Feel free to stop by and enjoy a drink. A lively Jazz band takes the stage in the Motor bar every evening.

Warped flipped it over and looked at the room rates. She had had enough of these clowns. The lady behind the counter looked utterly frustreated as well. Warped stepped to the side of them and got the attention of the counter lady.

While these cohorts languish in the inability to pick a room, can you get me a suite for a couple nights. I'll take a pass as well. Warped said to the lady. She handed her the cash for the pass and the room for three nights.

Guest Room with two twin beds $2 per night/ $10 per week

Guest Room with King Bed  $3 per night/ $15 per week

Guest Room with personal butle
r $5 per night (no weekly rate)

Standard Suite
with two twin beds and butler service
$25 per night (no weekly rate)

Luxury Suite with personal maid and butler $30 per night (no weekly rate)

Amenities Pass .50 cents (while not stated on the card what this was, the mobsters who frequented the Book-Cadillac knew that this was the ticket to getting into the bars and the gambling hall in the back room of the Motor Bar. Without one of these, you were turned away. Amenities passes could be bought without renting a room if you name dropped the right name.)

She had had enough of these clowns. The lady behind the counter looked utterly frustrated as well. Warped stepped to the side of them and got the attention of the counter lady. While these cohorts languish in the inability to pick a room, can you get me a suite for a couple nights. I'll take a pass as well. Warped said to the lady. She handed her the cash for the pass and the room for three nights. She shook her head as she waited for her key.

Report Post Tip

Warped found herself in Detroit for a few days. She needed a room, preferably something nice. She had had a rough time as of late. She could use some pampering and play time. There were very few Hotels in Detroit. She really only had one viable option.

The Book-Cadillac Hotel

Warped made her way through Detroit. The parrot was annoying her as she went. For no apparent reason it would screech STOP! and the cackle. While Warped did not see the humor in this, the bird evidently did.  On the way, she noticed a couple places she would visit later. She got to the Hotel and went to the desk. She checked the room rates to see if they had changed.

Guest Room with personal butler $5 per night (no weekly rate)

Standard Suite with two twin beds and butler service $25 per night (no weekly rate)

Amenities Pass .50 cents (while not stated on the card what this was, the mobsters who frequented the Book-Cadillac knew that this was the ticket to getting into the bars and the gambling hall in the back room of the Motor Bar. Without one of these, you were turned away. Amenities passes could be bought without renting a room if you name dropped the right name.)

Warped requested a luxury suite with a maid and a butler for four nights. U.A was a good friend of mine. I'd like an amenities pass as well please, Warped said tot he lady. The lady handed her a key and slipped her a pass. Warped went to her vehicle and got a suitcase out of the back. She grabbed the bird cage as well. She had decided to name the parrot Oscar. There was no real reasoning behind it other than it seemed to fit the pesky little thing.She went up to her suite and deposited her bag and Oscar.

try not to disturb people Oscar, she said to him. It dawned on her just how useless talking to him was. All it did was help him increase his vocabulary and he had already picked up the phrase "Well Fuck!" from her. Warped left the room and went down to the Cadillac Cafe'. She took a table and ordered a scotch on the rocks when the waitress appeared.  She would have a couple drinks and decide where else she might wish to go today. She had no real work here today. She just needed somewhere to lay low. This would do just fine.

Report Post Tip

As Mercury got in her rental, she vaguely remembered a place she had been as a child. She stopped at a local filling station. While the attendant filled her vehicle and washed her windows, Mercury asked about the place.

Any idea where The Book Cadillac Hotel is? Is it still open? she asked him.

Yeah, its a few miles up the street. Here is what ya do. Go up four lights and hang a left. Go 4 more lights and hang a right. You will see it on your left. he told her.

Mercury thanked him and followed his directions. She soon saw the sign.

The Book-Cadillac Hotel

Mercury decided against valet parking. She parked and went inside. There was a sense of deja vu. She wondered how much time she had spent here. Mercury walked up to the counter and checked out the rates.

Standard Suite with two twin beds and butler service $25 per night (no weekly rate)

These rates were much better than that last place! A lady materialized behind the counter.

I'd like a Standard suite with a King bed if you have it for two nights, Mercury said. She placed the cash on the counter. The lady got her a key and gave her directions to her room.

Mercury didn't realize how tired she was until she got in her room. She was fast asleep within minutes.

Report Post Tip

As Felicita landed Detroit, she started to look for a place to stay since her friend is on a trip outside the country. She then decided to go to the Book-Cadillac Hotel.

As she enters the lobby, she was greeted by the receptionist. "Good Morning Madam, How may I help you?"

Felicita smiles and she asked for the rate of accomodation in the hotel. the receptionist handed here the booklet.

"is there an available Luxury Suite?", she asked the recptionist.

"Yes madam." the receptionist answered.

"I would like to book for a week", Felicita answered.

The receptionist called for a hotel host to help Felicita with her luggages.

Report Post Tip

Mercury had been on a whirlwind ride since she checked in. She woke up to find her target was in Chicago. She went to Chicago without checking out. It was the day she was due to leave that she returned. The same lady materialized behind the desk.

I'd like to extend my stay for two more nights she said to the lady. She pulled out cash and handed it to her. Please make sure I am not disturbed, she said firmly. For all intensive purposes, I am NOT here.

The lady nodded. Yes ma'am I will make sure you are not disturbed.

Mercury went to her room and rang the butler. When he appeared she instructed him to find her a bottle of scotch and to retrieve a bucket of ice. She tipped him and he went to fulfill her order. When he returned Mercury took the bottle and the bucket of ice out onto the balcony. She poured her first one, the first of many.

Report Post Tip

Mercury made her way back to the Hotel with her bag of cookies. 

The Book-Cadillac Hotel

She went to the counter to speak with the lady. She picked up the Hotel brochure and glanced at it as she waited.

The Venetian Room, a  formal dining room sure to impress located on the main floor The Esquire Room and the Cadillac Cafe' are sure to attract the every day traveler. Room Service is available 24/7. Just dial #9 for service. Breakfast tags are available for your convenience! The extravagant Grand Ballroom is available for all of your special occasions. See the front desk for availability. The Book-Cadillac Hotel has two bars for your enjoyment.  (The Cocktail Room and Motor Bar)Feel free to stop by and enjoy a drink. A lively Jazz band takes the stage in the Motor bar every evening.

She took a cursory look at the room rates as well. She was looking more for the amenities than she was the rates themselves.

When the lady came to her she asked to be upgraded to a Luxury Suite. She asked to book it for 4 nights. Cash exchanged hands and Mercury was given a new key.

I'll get my things from my other room and leave the key on the dresser, she told the woman. Mercury left and went to get her things. Twenty minutes later the switch had been made. She took the breakfast hanger, wrote 9am on it and began circling what she wanted in the morning.

FROM THE GRIDDLE

1. Add seasonal berries and fresh whipped cream 1.00
  2. Belgian Waffle 2.00
  3. Brioche French Toast 3.00
  4. Buttermilk Pancakes 2.00

BREAKFAST SPECIALTIES

1. Served with breakfast potatoes and choice of toast.
  2. Diplomat Breakfast 3.00
  3. Two eggs any style, choice of bacon, grilled ham, or pork sausage links Scrambled eggs
  4. Three egg omelet 3.00
  5. Choice of any three: onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach,
  6. ham, bacon, sausage, swiss, cheddar, provolone cheeses
  7. Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Cheddar 3.00
  8. Corned Beef Hash 2.50
  9. Two eggs any style
  10. Traditional Eggs Benedict 2.50
  11. Two poached eggs, English muffins, Canadian bacon, hollandaise sauce
  12. Steak and Eggs 3.00
  13. 7oz New York strip, mushroom ragout, two eggs any style
  14. Omelet 4.00
  15. Three eggs, pepper jack cheese, tomato, spinach 2.50

SIDE OPTIONS

1. Hash Brown Potatoes .50
  2. Breakfast Potatoes .50
  3. Smoked Bacon, Pork Sausage, or Cured Ham Steak 4.00
  4. Grits 1.00
  5. Fresh Fruit and Berries 1.00

BEVERAGES

1. Pot of Coffee 1.00
  2. Orange or Apple Juice .50
  3. Milk .50
  4. Tea .50
  5. Coca Cola .50

With her choices made, Mercury hung it on the door. The cookie she had only made her hungry. She had 15 hours before breakfast. She needed to find something for dinner. She locked up her new room and went in search of a restaurant. She knew she could always come back to the cafe' here if she didn't find anything else. She was going to make the attempt though!

Report Post Tip

Mercury found her way back to Detroit. She had only stayed in her room two nights but was glad she kept it. The Boss was paying her well now. She could afford it. Mercury hailed a cab and returned to the Hotel. She went to the counter. She took a quick glance at the room rates to make sure nothing had changed. All looked fine. She saw exactly what she wanted. When the lady at the counter was free, Mercury pointed to what she wanted.

Sign me up for one of those for two weeks, Mercury told her. She liked having a place she could stay at in Detroit. She might look for one in New York as well. In fact, give this to the owner she continued. Mercury took out a pencil and wrote on the first thing she found.

If you are interested in selling, I am interested in buying. Send a telegram to Maximal Crazy Crew in Bella Vista Philly

I'd like an amenities pass as well, she told the lady. She handed the cash to the woman who, in exchange handed her a room key and a pass.

I'll bring the other room key down once I move my things, Mercury told her. She went up to her old suite and gathered up her belongings which mainly consisted of a few changes of clothes, het tooth brush and a few bottles of scotch. She saw no need lugging a bunch of things around since the Hotel concierge would get her anything she needed in short order. Mercury got a paper cup, filled it with a shot of scotch and drank it. She set the cup down as she left the room. She left three silver dollars on the dresser as she left.

Once Mercury was settled in her new room, she took out the breakfast menu and began circling things again.

FROM THE GRIDDLE

1. Add seasonal berries and fresh whipped cream 1.00
  2. Belgian Waffle 2.00
  3. Brioche French Toast 3.00
  4. Buttermilk Pancakes 2.00

BREAKFAST SPECIALTIES

1. Served with breakfast potatoes and choice of toast.
  2. Diplomat Breakfast 3.00
  3. Two eggs any style, choice bacon, grilled ham, or pork sausage links, scrambled eggs
  4. Three egg omelet 3.00
  5. Choice of any three: onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach,
  6. ham, bacon, sausage, swiss, cheddar, provolone cheeses
  7. Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Cheddar 3.00
  8. Corned Beef Hash 2.50
  9. Two eggs any style
  10. Traditional Eggs Benedict 2.50
  11. Two poached eggs, English muffins, Canadian bacon, hollandaise sauce
  12. Steak and Eggs 3.00
  13. 7oz New York strip, mushroom ragout, two eggs any style
  14. Omelet 4.00
  15. Three eggs, pepper jack cheese, tomato, spinach 2.50

SIDE OPTIONS

1. Hash Brown Potatoes .50
  2. Breakfast Potatoes .50
  3. Smoked Bacon, Pork Sausage, or Cured Ham Steak 4.00
  4. Grits 1.00
  5. Fresh Fruit and Berries 1.00

BEVERAGES

1. Pot of Coffee 1.00
  2. Orange or Apple Juice .50
  3. Milk .50
  4. Tea .50
  5. Coca Cola .50

THIS time she intended to actually still BE here come breakfast time! Mercury hung the tag on the door then went to the phone. She had the operator connect her with her headquarters. She waited 10 minutes for Donnie to pick up the phone.

Hi Boss. I'm handling those little matters out west. Send Angus out this way when you see him. I could use his help! I'm sure you wouldn't want lil ole me breaking a nail or anything, Mercury said with a laugh. She listened as Donnie caught her up. When he was finished, she told him her plan. I'm looking to purchase an upscale Hotel here in Detroit. It should generate a nice income for us. There is also another place that I heard about. It would be a perfect location for our import/export business. It's a rather expansive place.

With the green light from Donnie, Mercury started to make it all happen. She took the key down to the lady and reminded her to have the owner contact her. Mercury ran to the local boot legger and bought a few more bottles of scotch. Within the hour she was back in her room for the evening. She poured a scotch, turned on the radio and went out on the balcony to watch the evening slip away. She had a lot to do tomorrow but tonight was all about the scotch.

Report Post Tip

He dropped his bag from his shoulder and looked around the hotel lobby. It was luxuriously decorated and operated on a grand scale. Grand enough for a kid like Anthony to slip around unnoticed. The boy was wearing the same clothes he had left LA in and remained pretty clean cut. He certainly did not look like a street urchin anymore. It was a short walk to the hotel bar, which was again, quite expansive. He found a large armchair and hopped up, placing his bag at his side.

From there he watched the people, and read a nearby copy of the local paper. 

Report Post Tip

The hotel seemed lifeless. After some searching, Anthony returned to the Book-Cadillac only to find it scarcely populated. There were large foreign families occupying the rooms and no clear organisation or management present. The boy got to work searching behind the counter, finding the key cabinet empty, he began rummaging through the desk debris. 

His fingers found a key, it jingled and danced playfully from his grip. 734. Home. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Book-Cadillac Hotel
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL