Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:20
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
To Street Or Not To Street? Started by: Bobby-Z on Jul 24, '12 03:33

Bobby Z slowly walked into the center of town where everyone was gathered gossiping and debating the recent war. He took out a crumpled slip of paper and cleared his throut loudly, attempting to catch their attention.

Alright, I've come across something which seems like a catch-twenty-two. What do you all think of low ranks having an early street presence? I've seen from journals in my bloodline that it gets mixed reviews.

On one hand, if a young mafioso is silent until he is about to be up for promotion, it can be looked at as a ploy to do the bare minimum, just to get the promotion, and therefore looked at in a bad way, even if their street presence was a good one.

One the other hand, which may be my case if this comes back to bite me in the ass, a young mafioso starting very early can be looked at as an attention seeker, and his peers sometimes refuse to take him seriously.

I would like to know other peoples thoughts on this.

Report Post Tip

Looks around to see if Krunch is here.

Report Post Tip

Krunch shoves Sweeney out the way

I will be going OCC with my response, so I apologise in advance to everyone. 

The forums are a place where we as players can come and interact with each other, it is a form of communication and as such each forum is open to everyone regardless of rank. 

Just because a player's character is currently of low rank should be no bar to their ability and their freedom to come and express themselves here and in the other forums. I appreciate that our streets are littered all too easily but at no cost shall we deter or deny anyone the opportunity to come forward and have themselves heard. 

"Seriously, who pairs a powder blue suit with a tangerine shirt ... in fact who would wear either for any reason" 

Report Post Tip

Sweeney sits Chris-Cross-Apple-Sauce as he buries his head into his hands and cries.

Fucking....Ju....Ju....Jeeeerrrkkk.

Report Post Tip

Krunch offers Sweeney a hand up and a tissue

"Perhaps its time to go right your paper now?" Krunch turns and says to Sweeney

Krunch pats Sweeney on the shoulder and stumbles off in the distance

Report Post Tip

I must say, I agree with Krunch.

I mean....powder blue and tangerine??

Oh, sorry, back to topic. Yes. I would love to see more Street participation myself. I think it is an integral part of "this thing of ours", especially since not everyone frequents the coffee houses.

Report Post Tip

Otho hears some commotion from a distance and decides to put his two cents in it while avoiding the sun's beam with his tilted Homburg hat he speaks with his morning voice

I hear often some come to the streets to justify the complaint of it being "boring."

Report Post Tip

To justify the complain of "it" being boring, or "them" being boring?

Grins to himself.

Report Post Tip

Otho sticks his tongue out at Bobby-Z

"I have no shame with my choice of words. It's people like you that discourage most of the new street speakers."

Report Post Tip

People like me? Seriously? I'd really like to know what I have done to "discourage" anyone from having a street presence.

Report Post Tip

Well people can take a correction in many perspectives, I'm not bothered by it at all. I think it was generous of you but my mind doesn't work for others.

Report Post Tip

(OOC:I've re-read what you said and what I answered with, and I think you missinterpreted my answer. I was refering to your statement as "it" meaning the streets were boring, and that it starts with people, making a play on words myself and switching it to "them". I apologize if you thought I was changing what you had said.)

Report Post Tip

Kunta strong with spear! Kunta strong with strenght! So Kunta strong with street presence. Bobby-Z make fun of King-Otho. In my country you show king respect. Bobby-Z should respect King-Otho. Street is to talk. Talk is to communicate. Communicate bring strength to village.

Report Post Tip

Bobby-Z in Kunta tribe. So Kunta use spear to help Bobby-Z not King-Otho. Kunta still respect that King-Otho king though.

Report Post Tip

Bobby smiled and gave Kunta a big "man-hug", spear and all.

(god that sounded dirty)

Report Post Tip

Ok, I guess more than one person miss-understood me there. I was not making fun or correcting King. I was merily making a "play on words" which I think got quickly miss-interpreted into a correction attempt. We have spoken in private and its all taken care of. Everyones happy.

Report Post Tip

Otho tries to avoid Kunta's spear and him as well then chuckles

"Well this has been entertaining, far from boring! It's all been a misunderstanding on my part and for that I apologize to you all."

Still trying to avoid the spear he reach to shakes Kunta's hand 

Report Post Tip

So, in summary, what I was attempting to say about King's statement, was that anyone that says the street is boring, should take a look at their own street presence first, and what lengths they have gone to make in un-boring. I guess I should have made that clear from the start.

Report Post Tip

And yes King, far from boring at the moment. (grins)

Group hug!

Report Post Tip

Anthony steps off the well used lamp post and walks over to Kunta. He pulls out a cigarette and strikes a match against Kunta's spear tip. He lights up the smoke and holds out the burning match to Kunta. Fire, Kunta, F I R E. Anthony laughs as the dark man scowls a bit. Relax my tribal friend, at least I  didn't hug you out in the streets. Anthony looks over at Bobby-Z and smiles wide. You probably got more attention with that hug than anything you could have said anyway Bobby, thats street presence in spades man. Plus, you got some of that tribal paint of your threads, really stands out. Anthony looks sideways at Kunta, grins and heads back to the lamp post.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: To Street Or Not To Street?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL