Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 12:52:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The mind of a pickpocket. Started by: Doubletap on Aug 23, '12 16:29

Hello fellow mobsters. Doubletap nods to those of honor. While I suppose posing a riddle has its place and I could offer this as such, instead I would rather look into a certain aspect of this thing of ours, the mind of the pickpocket. The fact is, the mindset puzzles me and I want to explore that. So whether you have a very strong opinion or not, whether you practice it or not, I want to pose a question to you all while I search for answers. I am the target in this scenario and the question is simple really:

Is there any circumstance where I catch you putting your hands in my pocket that won't result in your physical peril? We will assume the city only asks you respect the victims wishes if known.

If you dont like the first question how about this. Is my stance clear enough on the issue?

Doubletap cedes the street to those who would answer.

Report Post Tip

If I happen to cross your path, I will put my hand in your pocket. If you happen to catch me, beat me and steal all my money, you won't hear a single complaint.

Report Post Tip

Honestly I have no problems if I get caught or beaten up. I don't mind either if you put your hands in my pockets. But I won't PP you at all if you mention it clearly on your profile. I'll respect your wish and leave you be. I view PP as a fun aspect of this game and I am totally lenient about it.

Report Post Tip

Generally I'm unfriendly to pickpocketing however I like to dip every once in a while, but usually it's a crew member. I always return the money though, but if I'm caught and beaten up I don't mind much. I just return the service next time.

Report Post Tip

Interestine replies so far, yet not a single answer to my questions. Where is The_Dean when you need him?

Report Post Tip

The only response I can offer is this. We're both from Philly. If I where to pick pocket you, youre not supposed to mug me. Now what you do, thats up to you. 

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the reply Rag, of course in Philly one must abide by the rules, as in any city.

Report Post Tip

I maybe new around here but I see it like this, if I put my hands in someones pockets and they decide to mug me then so be it, if you don't like being mugged don't pick pockets, pretty simple as far as I can see.

Report Post Tip

The_Dean overheared the conversation and recognized his name being mentioned.

From where I stand, your position is vague at best, but as I will not be in your pockets, I would not have to worry about the possible consiquences. I do get visions of you beating the hell out of your dry-cleaners though.

Report Post Tip

The thing is Revolver, would I mug you? Or is it just a crap shoot for you? Ragnarok correctly pointed out that as he is from Philly, regardless of other city rules, I wont mug him for pickpocketing me and he has no need to ever try to understand my stance on the issue. So there is one answer to my first question. 

Report Post Tip

But The_Dean, knowing you I think you havent given the issue much thought. It is not a vague position, however as you dont practice the art you are correct not worrying. You want my dry cleaners number, he knows his place.

Report Post Tip

Usually i can't be arsed to do something about it if my money is returned of course. If not i am quite sure to mug. If i don't see the person i get very angry though.

It's a disrespect to not have your money returned regardless of rank of richies. I mean is the theif really willing to get in trouble for 5 grand? really?

Report Post Tip

Luger sees a small crowd gathered nearby and decides to check out what all the commotion is about.

"I say in general if you don't like to be pick pocketed and someone were to pick pocket you then their intentions are to get on your badside unless it was a mistake. Futhermore everyone should follow their city rules."

Report Post Tip
Report Post Tip

I really don't see how anyone can be unfriendly to it. It's 5k. It isn't breaking your bank. It's not an attack, it's a way for mobsters to have a little fun when things aren't too serious. When someone mugs, that's when it becomes an attack in my mind.

I'd also like to mention how much it pisses me off to hear from my CA that they were PickPocketed by a PP unfriendly person. If you don't want to be picked, don't do any picking.

Report Post Tip

pick pocketing a ca doesnt efffect the owner in any way shap or form. therefore it should be no ones worry  or concern when a ca is pick pocketed

Report Post Tip

I have to disagree with that point Ragnorak, if someone doesn't want to be pickpocketed then the should leave everyones pockets alone regardless of whether they are an officer or not.

Doubletap I have no idea if you will mug me, if you do I wouldn't go whining to my leader or threaten to shoot you as it was me that decided to pick your pockets. If I never started off the chain of events I would never have been mugged.

Report Post Tip

pick pocketing a ca doesnt efffect the owner in any way shap or form. therefore it should be no ones worry  or concern when a ca is pick pocketed

You're missing my point. It's not the fact of it harming me, it's the fact that if you don't want someone to PP you, don't PP anyone else. Not even CAs. It's hypocripsy, regardless of who you PP. I don't want to be mugged, so I don't mug people.

Treat people how you would like to be treated.

Report Post Tip

In my opinion the question is either not the right one or it's extremely easy to answer so not worth much to even bother asking.

You ask if there's a scenario where you DON'T beat me up? Well, I guess every time you decide not to.

The rest goes in your head.

Since you ask another question... No, your stance is not clear. Or well, maybe it IS clear, but it's the kind of policy I personally hate. Either warn me you will try to mug me or be pickpockert friendly, but this moody policy that you will mug me if I catch you at a bad time I think is ridiculous.

I decide to just stay away from people like that because I know I will have nobody to complain to if I get mugged since most leaders don't like having to deal with pickpocketing issues.

But like I told somebody with a similar policy as yours, don't let me catch you pickpocketing me or I will most definitely mug you. (Unless city policies force me to put up with being pickpocketed)

You told The DEan your stance isn't vague... I'd say it pretty much is as vague as it can get.

As far as a few other points mentioned later:

If 5k is so little for you, then I will suggest you always give your victim 5k on top of what you got, as a thank you note. I mean, since 5k is just so little money you can share some with me. Actually, why wait until being PPd, everybody who thinks 5k is nothing to worry about, please send me 5k as a gift, just to prove how silly I am to worry about my money. I promise not to worry about being pickpocketed as long as I have that money that wasn't mine to begin with.

About pickpocketing CAs, no matter how you wanna see it... well, I don't want to tell people what they should think, but regardless of how tght I am with MY OWN money, I couldn't give half a duck if you pickpocket my Corrupt Agent or not.

Goku, if I may... you said "Treat people how you would like to be treated." There is a school of thought that doesn't acknowledge corrupt agents as people. I'm sure you know what I mean, so even if somebody is not pickpocket friendly, I wouldn't really expect anybody to have issues with a corrupt agent being pickpocketed. You can't even get $100 from them and that money doesn't even come from any mobster's pocket.

Report Post Tip

Aidan, everything you mentioned is perfectly true. It's not a monetary issue to me. I just think that if you don't want people in your pockets, you shouldn't be sticking your fingers in anyone elses.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The mind of a pickpocket.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL