Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 03:36:13
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Purse Frenzy Started by: Rhaziel on Sep 16, '12 03:42

Pickpocket Competition!

Hear ye! hear ye! Thief thief and lovers of purses here is the chance for you to show your skills! Do you have the skills to pick that pocket? Do you want that prestige to be called the Thief among the 7 Cities? Or just here for the prizes?

Conditions

~Each city may have 2 teams

~Each city may have up to a maximum of 5 representatives.

~ No mugging

Scoring:

~A successful pickpocket is worth 5 points.
~A failed pickpocket is worth 2 points.

Prizes:

1 million dollars to each member of the winning team.
5 credits to the mobster with the most successful pick pockets.

Duration of the Event :

We will move it to Sept. 17,  00:00 - Sept. 24 , 00:00

Those who wants to participate , kindly have the captain of that team to mail me .

Report Post Tip

This seems all well and good, but correct me if I'm wrong... this competition is really playing off the honesty system. What's to stop a participant from simply telling you, "yeah, I PPed 24 people in the last 24 hours." What real proof is there of the PP attempt. Furthermore, if multiple people PP every hour on the hour, you may have ties. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a maximum, and therefore you'd need some sort of tiebreaker. 

Report Post Tip

Good question Bigdaddy.  I will have members of my family to monitor the success on it. As it has always been done on the past pp contest.

As for if there will be a tie breaker we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Report Post Tip

As tiresome as it can be, I think every PP should be sent into a named person from the organiser. i.e. I PP DonBot and then send Rhaziel, or someone of her choice.

That way things can be investigated to prevent any cheating.

Report Post Tip

Taking a sip from his flask, Taproot reads the post and nods.

Seems like some dollars are open for the taking. Sign me up. LA all day!!

lits a cig and takes another sip from his flask before heading to the strip club.

Report Post Tip

A typographical error in my part :

Conditions

~Each city may have 2 teams

~ No mugging

It is suppose to be each team should have a maximum of 5 representatives

Report Post Tip

Warwick runs out into the Street

I am in!!!

runs off howling to the skies

Report Post Tip

"Count me in also."

Luger removes the lint from his pockets and cracks a smile.

Report Post Tip

Chump Change Champions

Team Captain - Surreal

-NightMan-

MuggasaurusRex

Chico_Dusty

Holland

Report Post Tip

Team Captains please mail me with the people on your team. Once the competition starts, send me one mail daily with each persons totals and I will keep track.

In the event of a tie, both teams will be paid out.

Have fun everyone :)

Report Post Tip

Bes tway to make sure there are no cheaters is for everyone to have a photobucket account and then you can just press prt scr key to take a photo of youre personals and upload it to photobucket for mercury.

Report Post Tip

I for one will not be doing that Nightman. But I appreciate the reason behind the suggestion.

Report Post Tip

Altering photos is simple. Frankly, we have to trust people at some point no matter how we keep track. I think a simple report from the captain daily will work.

Report Post Tip

"It won't be hard to double check people pick pocketing one another. I will also be helping with this and it isn't hard to match the list sent in with the victims being pp'ed on it. I will be checking with the list to make sure that the times and people match up. Only way it wouldn't be accounted for is if they forgot about one and didn't include it, which means it wouldn't be checked if it wasn't included into the final number of pick pockets.

Let's say I pick pocket Mercury and keep a record of it. When the finals are turned in, it wouldn't be hard for me to confirm the pick pocket on her done by myself. Matching up times and ever a name, since there is no mugging. Should be simple enough honestly. It will be monitored, we promise you."

Cory takes a long draw from a cigarette.

"From my family, the Captain will be Bananarama. She will announce her team's name before the competition. Best of luck to all you little sticky fingers out there."

Report Post Tip

Are we pick pocketing the other teams, or anyone who is pick pocket friendly?

Report Post Tip

The teams that will be joining PURSE FRENZY are as follows:

From the City of Brotherly Love :

Captain : Neon

Members : Luger , Truffles

From Motor City :

Captain: TyrionLannister

Members: Donbot,Shae, pumpkin, Zennie

From the City of Angels:

Captain : Surreal

Members : -Nightman-, MuggasaurusRex, Chico_Dusty, Holland

Captain : Warwick

Members : Bananarama, Taproot, Golden

Our lovely Don Neon will announce her  2 last members , in a few.

Rules:

1. Each opposing team will pickpocket the other team.

2. Team Captains will be requiring to have a back alley thread on both the succes and failed

pickpocket attempts on the opposing teams (kindly provide this at the very start of the contest )

3. Captain of TyrionLannister and Captain Warwick will send the back alley to Mercury

4. Captain Neon and Captain Surreal will send the back alley to Cory_Chase

Report Post Tip

Addition to Neon's members : Ladyfighter and KingSao

Report Post Tip

Neon jumps around like a giddy little girl. She holds a huge grin on her face and then wickedly checks out the competition.

"At least now I can put all my pick pocketing to use!"

She held a huge grin on her face and then cracked her knuckles.

Report Post Tip

Wow Neon, you have assembled yourself a powerful pick pocket team. I'm glad to be competing against you :)

Report Post Tip

Addition to Warwick's members: Eris

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Purse Frenzy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL