Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:02:58
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
THIA NEW Rogue character. a joke totally. Started by: GrizzlySon on Oct 07, '12 18:27

Certainly several criticisms can be made to the original speech, but we've already been through that.

What some people are trying to say is that it's ok to take the risk and make fun of somebody's below average oratory skills by suggesting the whole criminal underworld to attempt to murder him without even knowing if he will be offending the butt of the joke or his bosses.

I really can't say that I can agree with that. It is sad that WWW didn't think this was something worth apologizing for and maybe saving his life that way.

Report Post Tip

The original thread, wasn't well written and was maybe in the wrong place.

However, the comments that were made afterwards, were entirely in character.

Report Post Tip

The comment after it was a direct response to the original post, how can we possibly accept the first as OOC and then twist the retort into IC?

It simply doesn't stand. Not that OOC or IC really matters a jot.

Report Post Tip

Sorry, Sir Lannister. Does it matter or does it not?

In any case, GrizzlySon came to the streets suffering from OOCitis.. Well, maybe even something worse since this belongs to the realm of Suggestions, not even OOC. But WWW knew very well he was standing in the middle of the street when he said what he said.

Several people have been shunned in the for saying much less than what he did.

Report Post Tip

OOCitis matters, but the semantics of the situation no longer matter as whats done is done.

Report Post Tip

Agreed. But maybe this conversation can be used to understand how the minds of the relevant people in this world nowadays work?

I am learning a lot about how you, the Godfather of New York and several other people think about a situation like this.

This debate could help give some insight into the politics of this world for people who are very new to this.

Report Post Tip

I can confidently say that our family will ensure that they make no OOC or IC comments which may lead to them being given a similar heads up from New York.

Report Post Tip

Well I'd hope no member of any family will be threatening the lives of any other city member. I thought that was a given?

Report Post Tip

Sammy - you did it because you didn't like Kuku, just be a man and admit it.

Report Post Tip

Maybe he decided not to let it slide because he didn't like Kuku? It still doesn't deviate from the fact that several people think that WWW made a very bad call when he said what he said. Kuku or whoever it was.

Report Post Tip

I couldn't give two shits about whether or not he was kuku. It doesn't make the first bit of difference to me.

A threat on my members' lives is met with a bullet in the head. That's it.

Report Post Tip

So, Sammy, if Phil_Steak had said it, or Squidmaster, what would you have done?

We all know, those of us in the know, that this wasn't straightforward.  WWW had had a bead on him for some thing.

Report Post Tip

So, Sammy, if Phil_Steak had said it, or Squidmaster, what would you have done?

We all know, those of us in the know, that this wasn't straightforward.  WWW had had a bead on him for some thing.

Report Post Tip

They wouln't have said it, Kuku. They would have thought about it first and thought best not.

Report Post Tip

I doubt that what you imply is true, Kuku, but even if it was. That only shows that when you have a shady past, you should be very careful with what you say to other people in the streets.

Nobody here said that the comment was a good idea. The only thing that has been debated is if the punishment was too harsh or not. Everybody seems to agree it was a very poor choice of words by WWW.

Report Post Tip

One word

...Wow

Report Post Tip

no the system that needs updating is gun timer and amount fired within timer...need more bullets to kill contracts and such...ya kno....rogue is a goo thing...at least its free ya kno

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: THIA NEW Rogue character. a joke totally.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL